Wii vs WiiU - Gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

I am playing some more Wii the last few days with my girlfriend (Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Donkey Kong) and since there are a few good prices for used WiiUs, I looked into it. Obviously it has better visuals but how about the gameplay? I know, Mario Kart 8 will be a huge step over MK Wii but how about Super Mario Bros. U and Donkey Kong TP. Do they really offer new and better gameplay? Or is it basically the same with some minor tweaks and better visuals (aka. not worth the high price of 200+ bucks)?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Super Mario Bros. U is more of the same. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze steps it up in terms of level design in my opinion.

If it's purely those two games that you're going off, then the price tag probably isn't worth it. But if you're considering a bunch of other games (there's quite a few now), then maybe (depending on your tastes).

Also, you might already know this, but Wii U is also backwards compatible with all Wii games. Just an FYI in case you see Wii games you want to play.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Yes I know. I rarely play other games on it. Pretty much what I thought. I'll wait for another price drop then, thank you :)