wii U needs a zelda system seller ASAP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

zelda TP was the reason i got wii , since wiiU didnt got a zelda yet im not considering a purchase , if they cant come up with a new zelda soon they should at least release a skyward swort upscaled HD edition with touchpad features replacing motion controls to make it unique.

what do you think , does wii U need a zelda asap ?

Avatar image for millerhelp11111
millerhelp11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 millerhelp11111
Member since 2005 • 1410 Posts

I think when they are ready to release such a game they should.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Zelda is not the only game in the world ya know.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

They'll release a Zelda one day. So there ya go, they've secured your sale. No need to do it ASAP.

pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#5 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

Yeah, it would be cool to have a Wii U zelda game, I'm just curious to see what Zelda will look like in glorious HD :D

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

They'll release a Zelda one day. So there ya go, they've secured your sale. No need to do it ASAP.

trugs26
well ok, i can wait , hope they release a golden console bundle later :D
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I doubt we will see it until at least 2014. I'd rather they took their time and got it right anyway. Very much looking forward to it though. :)

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Zelda is not the only game in the world ya know.Videodogg

But there are a lot of Zelda fans that buy Nintendo systems for them alone, or at least largely for them. I buy their systems for more, but Zelda is a huge deciding factor.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

It's only been a year since Skyward Sword. I don't want them to rush Zelda.Its best they take their time with this series so they can wow us and deliver a game thats highly polished.

I mean theres only been 8 Zelda games in the main series over the past 25 years.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Joke thread?

Zelda isn't a system seller, it's a dying franchise that fewer and fewer people want.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
No. Rushed games end up like Assassin's Creed. Sloppy and full of glitches. Nintendo already relies on their fans who are buying the system to wait for Zelda to come out. Zelda needs to take all the time it needs if only so that it ends up far better than that dud Skyward Sword.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

dud Skyward Sword.JustPlainLucas

I liked Skyward Sword

As long as we don't get another Twilight Princess for the "other" people who like glittery vampires and black clothing

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

I'm pretty sure the WiiU doesn't need a Zelda game yet, the system is sold out everywhere now without Zelda.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

A new Zelda AND more importantly a better Metroid (other M be damned) would be exactly what this system needs to sell the sh!t out of itself. I'd definitely jump on both of them.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
The Zelda series is not much of a system seller. Anyway, based on how quickly Zelda games get released we won't see one for anew year's at least
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I hope we don't see a new Zelda for a few years. I do hope we see a more polished Metroid like Prime was.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
The Zelda series is not much of a system seller. Anyway, based on how quickly Zelda games get released we won't see one for anew year's at leastGunSmith1_basic
Zelda is definitely a system seller, but there is no need for Nintendo to rush one out, especially if they have a good amount of 3rd party support. A big part of the Wii's early success was due to Twilight Princess, if it didn't have that, many early adapters might have waited.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
We're not even close to needing a new Zelda yet. Nintendo needs time to look at all the mistakes they made with the series, and see how they can fix it. Unfortunately, Zelda has been going downhill recently, the last truly good game in the series was Wind Waker, after that both the handheld and console games have gotten worse and worse. They really need to take there time with the next installment, and the biggest thing, stop focusing on other games in the series. TP and SS sucked because they tried to hard to connect to and be OoT, the next game needs really to try and ignore the other games in the series (especially OoT) and do something new. TBH at this point I wouldn't be against a complete reboot of the series, if it meant OoT would stop holding the newer games back.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Uh,there are tons of games that will be on it.....

Zelda will probably be around late 2014.

zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts

Zelda games have never been the system sellers it has always been the Mario games, Twighlight Princess may have launched with the Wii but every Mario platform game released on the system after it outsold it and Skyward Sword sold poorly compared to that, but then few people were buying Wii games by then. Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. are also more of a system seller than Zelda games, the only Zelda game that could be considered a system seller is Ocarina of Time and even that as much as I loved it didn't sell any where near what Mario games sell. If anything Launching the Wii U with a Mario game was a smart move by Nintendo as that alone will be what sells systems.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#21 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'd rather see Nintendo take their time and release a Zelda specifically tailored to the Wii U, rather than have them spend time and resources cranking out an upscaled version of an older game with a few tacked on features.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Zelda games have never been the system sellers it has always been the Mario games, Twighlight Princess may have launched with the Wii but every Mario platform game released on the system after it outsold it and Skyward Sword sold poorly compared to that, but then few people were buying Wii games by then. Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. are also more of a system seller than Zelda games, the only Zelda game that could be considered a system seller is Ocarina of Time and even that as much as I loved it didn't sell any where near what Mario games sell. If anything Launching the Wii U with a Mario game was a smart move by Nintendo as that alone will be what sells systems.

zenszulu
Also, Twilight Princess did not push wii hardware, at least not in a significant way. Wiisports did that.