Wii U Need's a MechWarrior Game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 18

#1 Butchcassidy79
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts

Who think's that the WiiU need's a MechWarrior game? well I do :) , and why you say? Well it's all because of the WiiU pad that's why :D , When I played this game years back, you always need to remember the right keys to press on the keyboarded to function the Mech's weaponry system and other options which sometimes made it confusing when you are in a disparate rush to kill an enemy but ending up pressing the wrong key! But it should be no problem for the WiiU's Pad :) ,Every key can be displayed on the pad and accessed with ease, and just the feel of it  that you have the Mech's controlls between you hands is just AWESOME XD

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

Who think's that the WiiU need's a MechWarrior game? well I do :) , and why you say? Well it's all because of the WiiU pad that's why :D , When I played this game years back, you always need to remember the right keys to press on the keyboarded to function the Mech's weaponry system and other options which sometimes made it confusing when you are in a disparate rush to kill an enemy but ending up pressing the wrong key! But it should be no problem for the WiiU's Pad :) ,Every key can be displayed on the pad and accessed with ease, and just the feel of it  that you have the Mech's controlls between you hands is just AWESOME XD

Butchcassidy79

Its Called X 

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

They have Project X

and

Nintendo could actually revive Vortex and turn that into a full fledged Mech Battling game, the chances of seeing that happen are less than Microsoft's First Party.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

They're making MechWarrior Online for PC which will release this year.

No clue about a Wii U port tho.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11780 Posts

Project X pffh, what is this?

(goes to see)  ....

:shock:

What the hell?!? Why wasn't I told about this, Who's in charge?

That looks freaking awesome! Yet another reason we are getting a WiiU...

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts
Perhaps Nintendo could offer to publish a new Earthsiege (Sierra On-line's rival to MechWarrior) game to whomever has the rights to that franchise :p It might work decently with the gamepad too, as it could be used for the radar/map (in Earthsiege 1, you had to press a button to look down and view the map--I can't remember whether you had to do that in Earthsiege 2).
Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

If a Mechwarrior game was released for the Wii U and it was good. There is a high chance I would buy a Wii U.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

They have Project X

and

Nintendo could actually revive Vortex and turn that into a full fledged Mech Battling game, the chances of seeing that happen are less than Microsoft's First Party.

nini200
X is nothing like MechWarrior.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I guess if it was good I'd be down to buy it.

However, considering Nintendo's online approach I don't see this happening. In fact, I don't see this being a major priority with Nintendo or 3rd party companies willing to take the development and sales risk for MechWarrior.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11780 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"]

They have Project X

and

meetroid8

True, but X still looks rather good, and fun to play though!

But I would still want a proper single player, with multiplayer Mech Warrior game... Although I might still give this MechWarrior online a go at some point.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
[QUOTE="nini200"]

They have Project X

and

meetroid8

In the sense that they both have Mechs. Other than that, I agree. Mechwarrior is more of an upgraded Armored Core. That's also why I put Vortex in there. If Nintendo updated their SNES game Vortex, it could be Nintendo's Mechwarrior considering it has multiplayer
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

and just the feel of it that you have the Mech's controlls between you hands is just AWESOME XD

I seriously doubt it would have the feel of Steel Battalion or Hawken with its controller.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Besides X, a Custom Robo 2 would be nice.

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
A proper Mechwarrior would be hard to do on consoles. We are unfortunately more likely to get something like MechAssault, a dumbed down version.
Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Butchcassidy79

@TheLordMagnus: Why hard?? The WiiU's gamepad will be excellent for these sort of games! The gamepad can be used as the Mech's interface system! were it can have the Mech's control layout on the screen! deploying a command with a press of a button! Weapons System Controls, Navigation Controls, Mech's Status! Over heating warning! they just have to think of these types of games to deploy on the console!

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

i might be wrong but doesn't miocrsoft own mech warrior. I thought they purchased the mech dev team around 2001. like I said I could be wrong!

Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Butchcassidy79

@atc-fanatic: Even if they did, they could develop another mech game! it's not necessary to be Mech Worrior! it could be any similar game! but my point here is that the gamepad can be used as the mech's/robot/machines controller panel!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nini200

@Butchcassidy79 said:

@TheLordMagnus: Why hard?? The WiiU's gamepad will be excellent for these sort of games! The gamepad can be used as the Mech's interface system! were it can have the Mech's control layout on the screen! deploying a command with a press of a button! Weapons System Controls, Navigation Controls, Mech's Status! Over heating warning! they just have to think of these types of games to deploy on the console!

I agree that the interface could be displayed very nicely on the gamepad, BUT there is one HUGE problem with actually playing the game like that That problem is, the gamepad does not have Multitouch support for reasons that are less than unknown. In a game like Mechwarrior, Armored Core and even Virtual On, you need to constantly do multiple functions at once, only having single touch support will hinder the interface from being utilized to it's best potential.

Still the best bet for Nintendo getting a full fledged Mech game is a Vortex Revival.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#19 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

X, the sequel to Xenoblade, will be out next year.

you shouldn't need anything else. Xenoblade gameplay+ HD graphics+ Controlling your own goddamn mech= Pure orgasm.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

not happening, Microsoft currently has control of the IP and the chances of seeing a Mechwarrior game on the Wii U are like seeing a Mario game on an Xbox

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

You know when you said Mechwarrior, i didnt think you meant an actual game but rather a concept and last i checked, that new X game is pretty much a game with Mechs XD