This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bangerman15 (1977 posts) -

as title says, I went to Best Buy today and got to play the Wii U today for the first time ever! I suggest anyone curious to try the wii u go to your local bestbuy or gamestop(i heard they have a kiosk up now too). All they have is Rayman legends as a demo but it was nice being able to hold the controller, the screen on the controller is smaller than I expected but the controller is pretty comfortable. Rayman was also in HD, it looked very nice :)

anyone else try the wii U out yet?

#2 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -
I played at best buy then when I went in to GameStop to make another payment the clerk was excited to tell me they had their demo unit. I told them I already played at besbuy. I go in frequently with 50 dollar gc from giant eagle (fuel perks) so they know me their now well lol
#3 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3475 posts) -
Dammit Rayman Legends, i tried you out and seems as though you are going to make me buy a Wii U, why do you have to be exclusive?
#4 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Dammit Rayman Legends, i tried you out and seems as though you are going to make me buy a Wii U, why do you have to be exclusive?SonicNextGen2
Because the Developers didn't want PS3 users to buy Vita, and 360 Users to have to use Smartglass just to get the same experience as the Wii U version of Rayman Legends.

They designed the game around the Wii U Gamepad.

#5 Posted by Videodogg (12584 posts) -

I liked the way the gamepad felt in my hands, it was light and comfortable, but i was a small bit disappointed with the display. The colors seemed kind of washed out or faded and low contrast. It will be fine as a second display needed for game play like in Zombiu, but i dont think i would enjoy playing a game exclusively on the gamepad display.

#6 Posted by JoGoSo (455 posts) -

I played it yesterday at best Buy and it's pretty nice. Rayman looks gorgeous and plays great.

#7 Posted by Sepewrath (28735 posts) -

..... the screen on the controller is smaller than I expected but the controller is pretty comfortable.

Bangerman15
lol well it is only 6 inches. It simply looks bigger when you see it on a screen. I was going to go play it at Nintendo World, but I don't really have time for that, so I'll just wait to go pick it up.
#8 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

Played today! Controller feels just fine IMO. I really couldnt even tell there was a six inch screen between the left side and the right side until Id actually look down at it. The touch screen itself was responsive and looked great. Rayman was gorgeous. If I had to complain about something it was the kiosks TV was waaay too big for how close I was playing. Definetly need to be playing further away.

#9 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I hear that our Target around where I live will be getting the Wii U demo unit this Wednesday. Cant wait to try it out.

#10 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -
I thought the game pad was bigger and lighter than expected.
#11 Posted by KiD_ReMiX (255 posts) -

I played it today for the first time at Gamestop and I have to say it was very nice. The graphics on Rayman Legends really popped. I'm still not crazy about the tablet, but it wasn't uncomfortable to hold and had a very easy learning curve.

#12 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -
I had the chance to play Nintendo Land, Zombie U, Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros. U at the Nintendo Experience in San Francisco last month. I really wanted to play the Wonderful 101, but there was no time, just from the game play I saw, I have got to get that game.
#13 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

I will have to try it out.

Is there any place still taking pre-orders or any way to get one at launch? I have no intention to, but it is tempting.

#14 Posted by Bangerman15 (1977 posts) -

Is there any place still taking pre-orders or any way to get one at launch? I have no intention to, but it is tempting.

NaveedLife
Walmart I believe still is, and you might wanna try camping out somewhere like Best Buy or maybe Target or Kmart
#15 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Bangerman15

Walmart I believe still is, and you might wanna try camping out somewhere like Best Buy or maybe Target or Kmart

Target or least my target, will start taking instore preorders tomorrow if they havent started today (the store closed really early today because of Sandy)

#16 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -
I heard target started Sunday. I don't trust their preorders though. I had my 3ds preordered there. When I went to pick it up they just gave me one off shelf. They had none set aside. Granted that was handheld, which I have never seen hard to find at launch but still. I'd camp there if u really want one on top of preorder.
#17 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

I was at Game Stop earlier to pick up a preorder and got to give the Wii U a whirl. Initial impressions:

1. The graphics are GORGEOUS (I played the Rayman Legends demo). Having been a Nintendo fan all of my life I have never seen anything that looked this good (Rayman Legends stinks though; being forced to play as Murphy in single player mode was an awful idea).

2. The tablet controller is wicked light. I think my 3DS is heavier. I do not like how the buttons on the right hand side do not line up with the analog stick on the left hand side. It made it feel like my controller was lopsided. I am sure all of the PS3 owners are used to it but it felt ergonomically incorrect to me. I was expecting a huge dropoff in graphics on the tablet screen but the game looked gorgeous on it too.

I am so wicked psyched for this thing to launch. Next generation here we come!

#18 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -
I thought they have said u can play entire game as Rayman..
#19 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I thought they have said u can play entire game as Rayman..AutoPilotOn
They said all but a few levels you can play as Rayman.

Some levels you have to play as Murfy but those levels are only about 10% of the actual game.

#20 Posted by Alx1231 (527 posts) -

Played it at Gamestop the other day. The controller was longer than I thought and lighter. Overall it looks nice. I wish I could have played ZombiU and NSMBU seeing how they are the games I reserved for launch. 18 more days!

#21 Posted by SNESMaster420 (1335 posts) -

I am tempted, but I kind of want to wait until I get it home and unbox it Nov. 18th for the freshest experience possible. So darn excited!

#22 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I am tempted, but I kind of want to wait until I get it home and unbox it Nov. 18th for the freshest experience possible. So darn excited!

SNESMaster420

My Wii U will arrive either the 23rd or 24th since it ships on Monday the 19th and I chose 3-4 days shipping and 1 day processing.

It wouldn't arrive the 22nd because that is a National holiday so there is no shipping that day.