Wii U Deluxe with NSBM U /NSL U for 300$ confirmed for NA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/23/nintendo-wii-u-deluxe-set-with-mario/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000589

Good news for this holiday sales for the Wii U

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (12684 posts) -

do you think this bundle will sell more than if 3d world was included?

how about..will it sell more than the zelda bundle?

#3 Edited by ismart22 (15 posts) -
#4 Edited by moltenix (2482 posts) -

Between this and the Wind Waker bundle, I wish I didn't get my Wii U back in June.

Great deal for those looking to pick up a U this holiday.

#5 Posted by drekula2 (1872 posts) -

why not have a pikmin3 bundle

#6 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

If I hadn't bought my Wii-U used during the summer, this is the bundle that would've made me drop the money on it.

@KBFloYd said:

how about..will it sell more than the zelda bundle?

Definitely more than Zelda. It's a bigger value, and Mario has always had more mainstream appeal than Zelda.

#7 Edited by Solaryellow (412 posts) -

A Pikmin bundle would not sell like Zelda or Mario. Of course it is a great series in its own right but it doesn't have the following of the others....unfortunately.

Apparently Nintendo only took roughly a year before it started getting serious with advertising.

#8 Edited by trugs26 (5080 posts) -
@moltenix said:

Between this and the Wind Waker bundle, I wish I didn't get my Wii U back in June.

Great deal for those looking to pick up a U this holiday.

I got my Wii U on launch, and I got the Deluxe and they threw in NSMB U in for free as a launch deal. I'm pretty happy with that. Granted, it is now $50 cheaper too, but I had a year's worth of fun out of it, so I'm good with it.

#9 Edited by Pierst179 (10663 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

Considering how well the New Super Mario Bros series has sold ever since its inception, I think packaging it with the Wii U is the best move Nintendo could have made.

The expanded audience seems to like Mario sidescroller better than his 3D adventures.

#10 Edited by Avatar_Taxidous (4314 posts) -

There have been a lot of different Wii U bundles, it's good to see.

#11 Edited by KBFloYd (12684 posts) -

yet another bundle

this one seems to be aimed at kids

skylanders...good to see activision getting some love.

#12 Posted by scoots9 (3189 posts) -

Kind of wish I waited for this bundle, but I guess I made up for my loss on that Target deal last month.

#13 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4567 posts) -

@KBFloYd: No. I think they want to have 3D World sell $60 copies. If they bundled it they'd lose even more money. At this point they've made hundreds of millions of dollars in profit on New Super Mario Bros U so it makes sense to bundle it. I do think it will help move units though I think they should do a temporary $50 off holiday sale like MS does with 360

#14 Edited by lamprey263 (22273 posts) -

I'd buy the Wind Waker HD bundle if it came with a hard copy; any luck of that happening? I heard it takes like half a day to download something like the Wind Waker game. Plus from my own experience Nintendo has horrible digital rights with no unified account so getting anything digital doesn't appeal to me.

#15 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4567 posts) -

@lamprey263: Half a day to download a 1.7GB game? How slow would your internet need to be? Downloads were slow the night it hit the eShop because everyone was hitting their servers but overall it shouldn't take you more than 2 hours at max to donwload it today