This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Megadrivemike (24 posts) -

Hi everyone,

Just a simple question, does anyone with a wii U know or would they be willing to try and see if it is capable to play on the wii U controller screen in another room in a house.

For example I am hoping I can leave my Wii U (when i get it) in the lving room downstairs and play on the controller in the bedroom directly above it upstairs?

Thanks for your help in advance

#2 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1303 posts) -

Yes and no. Its possible some people can do that. But it depends on your house, how thick the walls are and such. I cant leave the room with my gamepad before it loses the signal. But some people can play outside of their house with it. You'll just have to buy it and see for yourself lol.

#3 Edited by --Thomas-- (920 posts) -

For me, connection between the gamepad and the console is stable within a 4-5 meter radius. After that is starts to get choppy. It should be noted that I have concrete walls, which is a real wireless signal killer. Could work better for you depending on the materials in your walls/floors/ceilings.

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (12878 posts) -

they should sell a signal extender :)

#5 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7047 posts) -

Yes and no. Its possible some people can do that. But it depends on your house, how thick the walls are and such. I cant leave the room with my gamepad before it loses the signal. But some people can play outside of their house with it. You'll just have to buy it and see for yourself lol.

This. I can take the Gamepad into the dining room(adjacent room to the system) without any issues. When visiting my parents, however, it won't work outside of the room it's in.

#6 Posted by FFCYAN (4923 posts) -

For me, ten feet away and connection starts dropping off. For all intents and purposes, you won't be playing in different rooms or floors.

#7 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1111 posts) -

Ha mine will lose connection if I walk out into the hallway then when I get close enough to the living room (which is right above the mancave) I can start playing again.

#8 Posted by Megadrivemike (24 posts) -

@JuanGrande386 That is what i am hoping it will do since i want to play in the room directly above it, hopefully my walls are thin enough and I can play it upstairs.

Thanks Everyone I am still going to get one

#9 Edited by TTUalumni13 (456 posts) -

Really really depends. Mine reaches in every room upstairs but won't work in the kitchen right by the living room..

#10 Edited by Justinps2hero (2161 posts) -

Slightly off topic, but as everyone seems real helpful here I'll give it a go.....

Do you need motion plus for the old wii remotes when using them on the wii u, or is it just with some games? 3d World & NSMB U are the two I'm mainly concerned with.

#11 Posted by KBFloYd (12878 posts) -

Slightly off topic, but as everyone seems real helpful here I'll give it a go.....

Do you need motion plus for the old wii remotes when using them on the wii u, or is it just with some games? 3d World & NSMB U are the two I'm mainly concerned with.

yea... you dont need motion plus with those...only some games require it....like wii sports club and nintendoland