Wii Remote stopped working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fritters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fritters
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
Recently I got a Wii.I was playing it earlier, decided to stop. Picked it up again hoping to play, but my Wii remote has stopped working. When I pick it up nothing happens. No lights, no sound, nothing. Ive tried replacing batteries, resynching, unplugging-replugging back in. I'm looking for some help here. Is there something else I've missed, or is it time to get a new one.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
We have similar problem my friend. My wii mote has lost its pointing capabilities but its buttons and motion sensing capabilities are stil functioning. still my wii mote is useless. i cant play my wii. its already more than a month. from what i can see of your problem i think it would be better to call nintendo. good for you there is customer service for you. here in my country (Asia) there is no Nintendo so my wii mote cant be repaired. Its time to get a new one.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
We have similar problem my friend. My wii mote has lost its pointing capabilities but its buttons and motion sensing capabilities are stil functioning. still my wii mote is useless. i cant play my wii. its already more than a month. from what i can see of your problem i think it would be better to call nintendo. good for you there is customer service for you. here in my country (Asia) there is no Nintendo so my wii mote cant be repaired. Its time to get a new one.lordlors

It might be the sensor bar. Do you have any other remotes with which to test it?
Kirbster739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Kirbster739
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
I am hoping the guy from the first post tried just hitting a button on the Wiimote (I'd assume you did but you never mentiond it in your post). Otherwise Nintendo would probably replace it for you for free if you tell them the issue. Nintendo is very forginving and leaneant to its customers.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
Want to see if the IR in your remote works or in your sensor bar?
Get a DIGITAL camera with a screen and point it at the IR LED, and then activate the IR LEDs, if they appear as a white glow, then they are working.

If anybody needs help with this, I'll be more than happy to help them.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Want to see if the IR in your remote works or in your sensor bar?
Get a DIGITAL camera with a screen and point it at the IR LED, and then activate the IR LEDs, if they appear as a white glow, then they are working.

If anybody needs help with this, I'll be more than happy to help them.
Louis_Routledge

i've done that. its not my sensor bar thats having the problem. its my wii mote. i cant see any IR lights from my wii mote but from my sensor bar i can see it color white. i dont have any other wii mote. cant afford one for the meantime.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Wiierror.com is where people should go to find theanswers. The syncing for instance you have to do it on acertain screen for instance.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts

Chances are that you've just encountered a faulty Wii-mote, all you have to do is contact Ninty and they'll replace it. Be greatful it's not your console ;) My neighbours console went dead but Ninty CS were helpful and replaced it no problem! If you've tried everything you say chances are that it won't fix.

lebeau32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lebeau32
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
I've had my wii for less than 5 days an already my wii remote stop responding. Is this a major issue? I guess I will need to call Nintendo tomorrow as the console is fine. I've tried all their steps but the only things that happens is the LED light at the bottom of the remote flashing but I can't do anything else with it. Not good. Make me want to return the thing already. Hopefully this isn't widespread seeing that I'm on my 4th 360 now. I've tried Nintendo steps with no response from remote.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
sync it using the red buttons.
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#11 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
Do the old buy a new one from teh store, exchange the broken one at the store on the new receipt... works every time.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meimnobody

I've had my wii for less than 5 days an already my wii remote stop responding. Is this a major issue? I guess I will need to call Nintendo tomorrow as the console is fine. I've tried all their steps but the only things that happens is the LED light at the bottom of the remote flashing but I can't do anything else with it. Not good. Make me want to return the thing already. Hopefully this isn't widespread seeing that I'm on my 4th 360 now. I've tried Nintendo steps with no response from remote.lebeau32

You do realize the wiimote is a battery operated device right? Wiierror.com people use it.

Sunrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sunrie
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
Mine stopped working as well. The one I use all the time is fine, but the one that is only used when someone else comes over to play no longer works. The lights flash just fine, but when I press the power button, the A Button, or anything other than the Sync, nothing happens and the Wii doesn't recognize the controller is even there. Pisses me off
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meimnobody
People learn how to properly sync the wiimotes. You must do it on a certain screen, certain time, certain way otherwise the sync won't take. 99% of these errors are from the user not the machine. Seriously read what is on this website andlearn to read and follow directions. wiierror.com
Sunrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sunrie
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts

Learn to read what is written before criticizing. The power button doesn't respond, the 1 and 2 button doesn't respond, the directional pad doesn't respond, the A nor B button doesn't respond. Even if it's not synced, the controller should still flash blue down on the four squares.

Guess what? IT DOES NOT! The only thing that lights anything up is the red sync button, but it doesn't sync since the rest of the controller is nonresponsive. Try being helpful.

Leo0002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Leo0002
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
If it appears to be internal damage, you might get them replaced under warranty. And, if the lights flash but you cant remember how to sync the remote to the wii, open the panel on the wii next to the disc slot, between the reset and eject buttons, and push that button and the button inside the wii remote battery panel within ten seconds of each other (both must be on). You should only have to do this once. Once synced (connected) when you press a button on the wii remote, one of the four lights should turn on and stay on. This indicates which player 'slot' it is on. Hope that helps.