Wii Mini Announced For U.S.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wiifan001 (18374 posts) -

No backwards compatibility.

Coming to the U.S. this month for the holiday season.

-Has a red and a black design and comes with a red wiimote Plus and a copy of Mario kart Wii.

Nintendo: We want to confuse the casuals even more!

#2 Posted by darkspineslayer (19547 posts) -

Now the US can have the thing even Canada rejected.

#3 Edited by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

It is almost as if no one at Nintendo has a clue what they are doing.

#4 Posted by superbuuman (2683 posts) -

Why???...the Wii U plays Wii games!!! :P

#5 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7204 posts) -

The Wii U is backwards compatible, and you can get a regular Wii dirt cheap, which has additional functionality. To top that off, the Mini is FUGLY. There is absolutely no reason for this to exist.

#6 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4703 posts) -

This holiday season will be torture for clueless parents. The regular Wii, Wii Mini, Wii U, 3DS, 3DSXL, and 2DS will all be available for sale. :x

#7 Posted by resevl4rlz (3272 posts) -

So they know the Wii U is going to be a failure this holiday season, so they want consumers to buy the mini wii

#8 Posted by Kenny789 (10215 posts) -

This holiday season will be torture for clueless parents. The regular Wii, Wii Mini, Wii U, 3DS, 3DSXL, and 2DS will all be available for sale. :x

Sadly, I can actually imagine how the conversations between parents and employees would go >_>

#9 Posted by Ovirew (6314 posts) -

It's probably a good deal if you want a new Wii this late in the game, but the timing is awful - should have come out earlier this year.

#10 Posted by Pierst179 (10746 posts) -

I saw the discontinuation of the Wii as a huge opportunity for the Wii U to start selling more units. After all, not only would people understand that the Wii U is a brand new system, but the new releases for the console would be more noticeable to the expanded audience Nintendo seems to have lost.

Now, with the Wii Mini hitting the market, I feel like all that goes down the drain. I don't see it as a smart business move by the company.

#11 Posted by Litchie (16226 posts) -

I have no interest in this whatsoever, but that design is awesome.

#12 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1320 posts) -
#13 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1320 posts) -

All this does is confuse people. Parents will buy the Wii Mini for their kids then get them Super Mario 3D World and it wont work.

#14 Posted by TTUalumni13 (466 posts) -

Great idea. If I had kids, I would much rather buy the cheap durable console with a ton of cheap games and is easy to use over a console wi an expensive, easily broken touchpad controller and very few games. Looks like Nintendo is trying to recoup some losses since those kinds of people won't be buying Wii Us anyways.

#15 Posted by ItsEvolution (2593 posts) -

You can go into any pawn shop or GameStop and get a used Wii for waayyyy less than $99, and it'll have wifi and BC. The Wii Mini is a pointless creation.

#16 Edited by david61983 (154 posts) -

Just when you think Nintendo couldn't get any dumber...

#17 Edited by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

And even some DSi and DSi Xl here and there haha