Why should I buy a Wii U NOW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Scarmet_Dwarf (6 posts) -

Hello everyone,

I'm poor, extremely poor. But I'm a Nintendo fan since the first Game Boy. The Nintendo consoles I have (or I had) are the mentioned Game Boy, Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS.

If I weren't that poor I would buy immediately a Wii U, I'm a Nintendo addict. But now I have to think twice what are my expenses. I want you to convince me why should I buy a Wii U, because Nintendo, until now, hasn't been succesful (do you want me to put the gamepad on the ground to play GOLF?? are you kidding me Nintendo?!).

The question is then, why would you buy a Nintendo Wii U?

Thank you for your time and have a nice Sunday!

#2 Edited by CTR360 (6959 posts) -

wil-u its good console but dont hane enough games if you like it go and buy it

#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4677 posts) -

I'm confused. You claim to be extremely poor, reason why you have not bought a Wii U yet, but what kind of convincing can we make to change that? You already sound like you want a Wii U and you claimed that you would have bought one immediately if you had the money. As a Nintendo addict, I assume you already know what games are currently available and upcoming for the Wii U. I don't really know how further convincing will help you in your situation, unless you need someone to convince you that spending your money on a Wii U now is more important than the expenses that prevented you from buying one sooner. I'm also poor and I also want a Wii U. I have not bought one yet because I also carefully decide on what I'm spending my money on. I prioritize my other expenses over a new video game console and, from my understandings, you do as well. I have been slowly saving up for the Wii U, however. Save a few dollars every day and you'll eventually have enough money for a Wii U without completely sacrificing your other expenses. The Wii U is not going anywhere anytime soon.

#5 Posted by krovixdurm (7 posts) -

Save a few dollars every day and you'll eventually have enough money for a Wii U without completely sacrificing your other expenses

You're totally right. Because as you said, I already know what Wii U can do and can't. Sometimes we forget even the most basic things, I will try that.

#6 Edited by Serbine (10930 posts) -

If you can't really get a Wii U atm, I say do as ANIMEguy said save up little by little until you can buy it, probably be best to try and get one before Mario Kart 8 or Smash Bros *in the off chance, everyone decides to snatch one up for those games*.

#7 Posted by krovixdurm (7 posts) -

@Serbine said:

If you can't really get a Wii U atm, I say do as ANIMEguy said save up little by little until you can buy it, probably be best to try and get one before Mario Kart 8 or Smash Bros *in the off chance, everyone decides to snatch one up for those games*.

Smash Broooos!! I had more than 200 hours in Nintendo 64 and more than 300 in Gamecube!! Arggggg!!! My inner kid is so sad!!!

One by one, I have no other choice. It will be MINE!!!! ';..;'

#8 Posted by TJDMHEM (94 posts) -

smash bros and Mario kart 8 are coming out

#9 Posted by Megavideogamer (5290 posts) -

Just save up to buy a Wii U console. Just get some Gamestop giftcards or Best Buy gift cards. What ever you can afford for that week or month. $10.00 , $25.00 or $50.00 and save for you console. If you are very very poor. Just pay your important bills, rent etc and then save up what ever you can in gift cards. Until you have enough to buy a Wii U console.

Future Shop now has the Wii U 8GB console Skylanders bundle for $199.99 This gets you an white 8GB Wii U console and 2 pack in games. Skylanders game disc and the "portal of power" 3 NFC figures some stickers. The Nintendo Land game Disc Since the 8GB model is not large enough to even download the Nintendo land game.

So a Basic set Wii U console and 2 full games on disc. Which you can trade in the skylanders game at Gamestop. Which is a kids game with kids DLC in the form or NFC figures. Which grants you new characters to use in the game via the figures. This is the Third or fourth game in the series. Which is just a way to sell kids figures

Just trade in Skylanders and Nintendoland if you don't want them. Nintendoland is O.K but it is best played with other people. Is more of a party type game with mini games. But is not really a good single player game.

But there you go a Wii U console with 2 pack in games for $200.00 which is the best your going to get for price right now. If you are very very poor.

#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (37532 posts) -

Which you can trade in the skylanders game at Gamestop. Which is a kids game with kids DLC in the form or NFC figures. Which grants you new characters to use in the game via the figures. This is the Third or fourth game in the series. Which is just a way to sell kids figures

Way to completely confuse what Skylanders is about

As for why should anyone buy a Wii U?

I would say to spend the highest amount of money for hardware that's still lacking games.

Nintendo is doing badly right now, the Wii U is going to keep on getting incentives for people to buy it. Now if you're waiting for games (which everyone with this thing is) then there's no sense to pay money to wait.

When the games come out that you want buy the console, by that time there's going to be more incentives to move the hardware.