Why isn't there a game recommendation thread?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

There is none for the Wii U or 3DS in this section. Someone has to make one. The PS4 has one.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

1. They're pathetic

2. There's like 6 games worth playing on the Wii U. Would you make one for the Virtual Boy too?

3. If you're already here you're on a frigging game site, maybe if you can't make it from here you should take up another hobby, like collecting rocks, or staring.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Recommendations are based on opinions and opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one, one man´s trash is another man´s treasure. Since we´re in the Ninty discussion forum speaking about Ninty exclusive games I find Zelda games absolutely boring, that´s my opinion, Pokemon games are in the same level as Zelda to me, I like, for example, DK games, with the exception of those released for GC, just plain fun ( I don´t see the fun in banging on a couple of bongos ).

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GameboyTroy

I've already looked at the Wii U's and 3DS' highest rated games.

Also try to ignore Jaysonguy.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

If you feel there should be one, then make one. It'd be particularly helpful if you've owned a wiiu/3ds for quite awhile and yes ignore Jasonguy he's a pessimist and has a habit of not contributing any useful comments to topics posted here

360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts
Loading Video...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I maintained a game recommendation thread here for years, then I realized that the bullet points at the beginning of the thread should help anyone find a game without the need for a list (basically what Jaysonguy said in his third point). There are much, much better ways to find good/popular games than a forum list.

And creating and updating a list is a lot of work with no payoff. And the main feedback you get is "why isn't _______ in the list you are bias." I think those are the main reasons there isn't one in this forum. If you want one, make one.

Edit: Oh yeah, and here's a secret. Most of the game recommendation threads were originally created so that the mods had somewhere to send people after locking their "which game to get????" threads. That kind of thread used to be prolific to the point of annoyance. That's not a problem any more. Therefore, recommendation threads are no longer necessary.

That was the logic behind creating the System Wars forum back in the day, too. Since we didn't want people trolling in the main forums, another one was created where that was okay.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@JordanElek: It feels like there is a "which game to get????" thread posted on here at least once a week.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
@trugs26 said:

@JordanElek: It feels like there is a "which game to get????" thread posted on here at least once a week.

Imagine four or five on the main page at once when ten threads per page was the default.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#10 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

You can make one?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GameboyTroy

@GamerNerdTalk: I'm not good enough to do it.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts
@GameboyTroy said:

@GamerNerdTalk: I'm not good enough to do it.

Then become good enough

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

Because eventually almost every game would be posted and the reposts, there is nothing to thin out the results...

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

1. They're pathetic

2. There's like 6 games worth playing on the Wii U. Would you make one for the Virtual Boy too?

3. If you're already here you're on a frigging game site, maybe if you can't make it from here you should take up another hobby, like collecting rocks, or staring.

I own a Virtual Boy.... and like it. Lol.

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

Can't we use this as a recommendation thread?

I'll start by mentioning Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I made a thread about it a while back where I explained that it's a metroidvania style game. An awesome game that you should check out, especially if you enjoy Metroid and Castlevania games.

Contra III, one of my favourite games of all time, originally released for the SNES, is a fantastic (although very hard) action platformer. Definitely check it out!