Why is the E-Shop so bare?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinexxx
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts

I just bought a 3DS during the Black Friday sales and was a bit disappointed by the lack of content on the E-Shop.

Why hasn't Nintendo ported the great games available on the SNES, GBA, and N64? It would be awesome to have Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, etc. available. Shut up and take my money Nintendo!!

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

While it's nothing new for Nintendo to be slow to add content to the VC, it is an unsolved mystery of sorts.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
It seems to be a combination of indifference and ineptitude on Nintendo's part, which is a shame as the e-shop/VC could be great.
dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

I don't think they are looking at all to put N64 games on the eshop, they have already ported two N64 games with retail releases.

As for GBA games, your guess is as good as mine. I got the ambassador games, but there are plenty others I would love to get off the eshop for $5-$10 dollars a pop.

gettingpatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gettingpatches
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

I just bought a 3DS during the Black Friday sales and was a bit disappointed by the lack of content on the E-Shop.

Why hasn't Nintendo ported the great games available on the SNES, GBA, and N64? It would be awesome to have Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, etc. available. Shut up and take my money Nintendo!!

Trinexxx

Not sure, but the eshop still has a pretty good selection of original content outside of ports. Off the top of my heads it's got pushmo, crashmo, sakura samurai, mighty switch force, liberation maiden, The denmpa men: they came by wave, fractured soul, art of balance TOUCH! and speedthru:potzls puzzle. Of course whether you'll enjoy these obviously come up to personal opinion but they're all worth a look at.

Also has some good ports like VVVVVV, night sky and cavestory 3d. That said I do think nintendo should really get the gba games up, senes should be p[ossible as well but if it was direct emulation I have no idea how well it'd cope with the n64.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
It's shame they don't want money for some reason. I would buy a bunch of stuff if they simply added it.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

It's shame they don't want money for some reason. I would buy a bunch of stuff if they simply added it. YoshiYogurt

Like the entire Game Boy Advance library?

How bout we get those Castlevanias up there and Metroid Fusion Nintendo?

What's worse is that Metroid Fusion was already available but they don't sell it. The work is done damn it, and I want to play it:cry:

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]It's shame they don't want money for some reason. I would buy a bunch of stuff if they simply added it. IndianaPwns39

What's worse is that Metroid Fusion was already available but they don't sell it. The work is done damn it, and I want to play it:cry:

I get to play Metroid Fusion all I want.

Ambsasador FTW!!!

:P

But there should be more GBA ect. games available. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NINTENDO! Please :(

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
It's unfortunate, but they do it to maximize sales/profit.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]It's shame they don't want money for some reason. I would buy a bunch of stuff if they simply added it. KnightSkull

I get to play Metroid Fusion all I want.

Ambsasador FTW!!!

:P

But there should be more GBA ect. games available. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NINTENDO! Please :(

The Ambassador stuff still makes me angry and happy at the same time. Great compensation for those that bought it early, yet apparent proof that Nintendo simply doesn't want the money. Porting the games to the 3DS is already done, now... let me pay you, Nintendo, and I will happily play Metroid Fusion

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]It's shame they don't want money for some reason. I would buy a bunch of stuff if they simply added it. IndianaPwns39

I have nearly every GBA game I could possibly want, I need portable SNES and NES games!
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]It's shame they don't want money for some reason. I would buy a bunch of stuff if they simply added it. YoshiYogurt

I have nearly every GBA game I could possibly want, I need portable SNES and NES games!

Once NES, snes, genesis, virtual boy, Gameboy, tg16, neo geo, master system, gba, DS?, N64, GameCube, and wii titles come to the WiiU eshop--that's it--that's when I declare it best console of all time.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
Nobody knows. It's best to just not think about it.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Yes, the pace at which content is uploaded is quite slow, at least at some point all the best titles do make an appearance.

The real issue I have with the 3DS VC is that they want you to rebuy games you already own VC digital copies of on the Wii??!!! That to me makes no sense :roll:The VC should work like I-tunes, steam, or any other digiutal servicewhere you buy a digital copy of a game, and should be able to play it by simply logging in to any platform supporting the VC, download again and play!

Wii-U has some similar issues with it's implementation of the VC. I'm guessing that the reason these problems exist is just another unfortunate side effect of the lack of a single universal account system Ninty failed to adapt timely.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#18 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

There's as many good eshop titles as good full retail releases so I wouldn't exactly call it bare. Still, I agree it is not what it could and should be. As mentioned, it's really baffling esp. that there's not more VC content. Seems to me like Nintendo is just sitting on bunch of property they could be making money on. Who knows... Maybe the logic is that better VC support will prevent people from paying full price for new releases. All I know is that there is a bunch of stuff I'd be thrilled to pay money for that I can't.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

It's not bare to me. I have bought 19 games from the eShop (3DS), still have 3 games I know I want to get but don't have the money for atm.

Trinexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Trinexxx

It's not bare to me. I have bought 19 games from the eShop (3DS), still have 3 games I know I want to get but don't have the money for atm.

GamerEye
I should have said "relatively bare" - comparing the catalogue to the Wii's virtual console and all the potential games available. I would buy SO many SNES and GBA games, it's a shame for both Nintendo and myself that I can't.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Toxic-Seahorse

GamerEye
I mistook this topic for just talking about the virtual console, which is extremely bare. As for the number of original games on it though, it's relatively good.
Trinexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Trinexxx
[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

Toxic-Seahorse
I mistook this topic for just talking about the virtual console, which is extremely bare. As for the number of original games on it though, it's relatively good.

Yeah, I meant just the virtual console on the 3DS.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Yeah, the Virtual Console selection is horrid. How there aren't hundreds of NES, SNES, and Genesis games on there by now is astounding. It really seems sometimes like Nintendo is against making money.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Toxic-Seahorse
Yeah, the Virtual Console selection is horrid. How there aren't hundreds of NES, SNES, and Genesis games on there by now is astounding. It really seems sometimes like Nintendo is against making money. ItsEvolution
I think the lack of GBC and GBA games is more puzzling since it's a handheld.