Why is the 3DS getting Mario Golf, but Wii U does not???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by b4il (91 posts) -

so i saw a new mario golf title is announced for the 3ds and i can't help but wonder why the heck aren't they bringing it to the wii u?? the wiimote plus would be the best argument ever to release a new mario golf on the wii, they didn't do it.

a new mario tennis would be amazing as well, since we only got the gamecube port with motion controls. i just don't see why nintendo sees those games as handheld-titles rather than perfect games for their motion controls.

maybe if it does well on the 3ds, it will get a port for the wii u? i keep my fingers crossed

#2 Posted by trugs26 (5080 posts) -

The 3DS has been out longer, so it has more opportunities to get franchises. Wii U hasn't even been out a year yet.

I'm sure it will get it eventually. Just give it time. It will get an original rather than a port too.

#3 Posted by Jaysonguy (37385 posts) -

I think Nintendo will try different approaches before they try to sell golf or tennis for 80 a pop

#4 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

It was probably in development before the Wii U was announced and if not the 3DS has a larger install base.

#5 Edited by Pierst179 (10663 posts) -

You are right.

Wiimotion Plus was a great addition to the Tiger Woods series, so it would also do wonders for Mario Golf.

Still, I am super excited about that game regardless of the system it will arrive on.

#6 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Wiimotion Plus would kill Mario Golf. It is not a hardcore golf simulator. Leave motion controls out of it please.

#7 Posted by Pierst179 (10663 posts) -

Wiimotion Plus would kill Mario Golf. It is not a hardcore golf simulator. Leave motion controls out of it please.

On Tiger Woods you could choose from three or so difficulty options for both swings and putts, on the easiest levels the movement detection of the Motion Plus would be extremely low, making it very accessible to pretty much anyone.

Mario Golf could do the same. Having lots of options available is always the best.. hmmmm... option!

#8 Posted by drekula2 (1872 posts) -

because the wii u is so bad not even nintendo is developing for it

#9 Edited by sonic_spark (4570 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: Even you know Wii U games are not 80 a pop. Tsk tsk jaysonguy. Tsk.

#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (37385 posts) -

Game plus Wiimote

I'm thinking a 10 dollar discount for the bundle

#11 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4567 posts) -

Yea what everyone else has said. Plus you've got to remember that Mario Sports titles aren't super necessary on consoles anymore since they have the Wii Sports franchise. Heck, you're getting Wii Sports Club soon. Mario Gold: World Tour is one of my most anticipated games BTW. Loved Toadstool Tour.

#12 Posted by b4il (91 posts) -

yes i'm looking forward to wii sports club golf, but only if they add new courses

#13 Edited by KBFloYd (12684 posts) -

nintendo want people to buy wii sports and wii sports club to play golf on consoles.

just like they want you to buy pokemon for the handhelds and not consoles.

#14 Edited by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

@sonic_spark said:

Game plus Wiimote

I'm thinking a 10 dollar discount for the bundle

Because you couldn't just play these games with a GamePad or standard controller...

#15 Posted by thedude- (1990 posts) -

The Wii U will have Wii Sports Club soon. So I am actually glad they are not overlapping golf and tennis games too much on the same platform. Eventhough Mario Golf and Mario Tennis are much better than their Wii Sports Mii cousin.

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (22275 posts) -

I'd get this for my 3DS but not for $40, unfortunately the price isn't dropping very fast, even the Tennis game is like $40 still. I'd get these for $20 a piece.