Why cant I go backwards on MK7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

So I thought I would play some MK7 online since I haven't in awhile. I played a dozen races normally then I thought why not screw around? I wanted to go backwards through a course get items and just mess with people...but apparently going backwards gets you kicked from the game....but AFKing is fine?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#2 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am thankful they kick out those who drive backwards.

I hope they keep it on Mario Kart 8.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
@Pierst179 said:

I am thankful they kick out those who drive backwards.

I hope they keep it on Mario Kart 8.

For some reason that made me laugh xD

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Master_Of_Fools

@Pierst179:

Why? Not like me going backwards ruins anything more then me sitting their and AFK'ing...You can race forwards, me going backwards doesnt stop you from going forwards.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

They should just have a free for all Screw around mode in Mario Kart games. Sometimes you just free like experimenting and doing stuff in a game that is not "allowed".

But it is not good if you do it in a regular mario kart game.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pierst179
@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Pierst179:

Why? Not like me going backwards ruins anything more then me sitting their and AFK'ing...You can race forwards, me going backwards doesnt stop you from going forwards.

Well, if it's to just drive backwards, it is perfectly fine.

If it's to bump into people and throw items at them then I think kicking them out is the right course of action.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Of_Fools

@Pierst179:

Winning or losing doesn't matter much you get nothing. I could simply say I thought it was Mirror Mode? lol. Its all about fun.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pierst179
@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Pierst179:

Winning or losing doesn't matter much you get nothing. I could simply say I thought it was Mirror Mode? lol. Its all about fun.

I completely agree that it is all about fun.

However, by going backwards with the intention to ruin people's race players are also, most likely, ruining their fun.

It is not very different from trying to enjoy a board game only to have your little cousin show up and kick the board.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Of_Fools

@Pierst179: So those people's "Fun" is more important then mine? Why not just let us make custom communities...which I think we can? A group of friends just screwing around driving randomly everywhere lol.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pierst179
@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Pierst179: So those people's "Fun" is more important then mine? Why not just let us make custom communities...which I think we can? A group of friends just screwing around driving randomly everywhere lol.

Nope, your fun is as important as other people's.

Your right to have fun just ends where other people's right to have fun begins.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

i know where you are coming from master...

in smash bros i used enjoy suiciding and give certain people the win...the new smash direct says i will be banned :\

oh well time to play for real. im glad the people that dont move for the whole match will get banned now. that was annoying in brawl.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

What do you guys mean by going backwards and getting kicked out? Do you guys mean the online mode or something? Because I did it in both offline and online for Mario Kart Wii and never got into any trouble! And by the way, May 20th or something is the last day to play online for Wii and DS! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I play online to play against people in a race. Obviously Nintendo also designed it that way too since they kick people off if they do otherwise. If you want to go backwards, do it in your own time in an offline mode. It's pointless to do it online, and the only other motive is for trolling, otherwise it's redundant and you may as well do it offline.

As for AFKing, they should be kicked too. Maybe it was simply overlooked.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@gordanchoong:

Mario Kart 7's online mode is what I was talking about. You can go backwards for about 15 seconds then you get dropped from the game and it says Error (some numbers). But your character still goes on without you. I got kicked at the beginning of a race for going backwords even though it said I went from last to 1st lol but my friend who was still in the game said my character kept going and got 2nd place...

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

I'm fairly certain Mario Kart 8 will keep the same policy and will probably get rid of people who are away for more than a few seconds.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

@fishpockets said:

I'm fairly certain Mario Kart 8 will keep the same policy and will probably get rid of people who are away for more than a few seconds.

Why is Nintendo doing this to people online? What a bunch of trolls! They said in the Smash Bros. Direct that they would ban people who target an individual or those that self-destruct. What is wrong with killing yoself? And what if that targetted person targets or trolls other online people?