Why are there never Mirrored tracks online in Mario Kart 8?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I have been wondering this since the game came out earlier this year. When you do Worldwide or Regional, you never race any mirrored courses. Seems like all the races are 150cc (I like 150cc but I'd prefer 200cc like in the original Super Mario Kart).

I have never hosted an online race but I'm sure you can do mirrored courses when racing with friends.

So why do mirrored tracks never show up when doing regional or worldwide?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I don't like mirrored courses that much since once I play on the mirrored courses multiple times I get used to those and going back to the originals is disorienting :p

Idk, they probably should be an option but Nintendo isn't big on in game options i've noticed lately, which sucks.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200

@Chozofication said:

I don't like mirrored courses that much since once I play on the mirrored courses multiple times I get used to those and going back to the originals is disorienting :p

Idk, they probably should be an option but Nintendo isn't big on in game options i've noticed lately, which sucks.

Lol I understand you first comment actually but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have mirrored courses every now and then.

Not big on options for instance?

I notice they are big on control options (Gamepad, Pro controller, classic controller, wiimote/nunchuck, Gamecube adapter) but explain in more detail what you meant by that.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@nini200 said:

@Chozofication said:

Lol I understand you first comment actually but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have mirrored courses every now and then.

I notice they are big on control options (Gamepad, Pro controller, classic controller, wiimote/nunchuck, Gamecube adapter) but explain in more detail what you meant by that.

Yeah they do support a lot of controllers which is great, but I mean options that change the content in the game.

For example and this is probably the biggest thing, you can't turn off tutorials in most of their games. I was replaying Mario galaxy and 2 and the tutorials or action icons are pretty annoying to me the second time and after, some levels have the tutorial go through the entire duration of the stage even after you perform the actions the first time :/

They have it like this so young kids can breeze through it which is fine, but it's baffling I can't turn them off.

Then there's just basic stuff like brightness and audio settings which is absent from a lot of their games as well. Mario Kart 8 for example.

Basically, Nintendo makes sure their games are seamless for the kiddies and doesn't bother most of the time with options for us adults. This doesn't take anything away from the core games but it really bothers me.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200

@Chozofication said:

@nini200 said:

@Chozofication said:

Yeah they do support a lot of controllers which is great, but I mean options that change the content in the game.

For example and this is probably the biggest thing, you can't turn off tutorials in most of their games. I was replaying Mario galaxy and 2 and the tutorials or action icons are pretty annoying to me the second time and after, some levels have the tutorial go through the entire duration of the stage even after you perform the actions the first time :/

They have it like this so young kids can breeze through it which is fine, but it's baffling I can't turn them off.

Then there's just basic stuff like brightness and audio settings which is absent from a lot of their games as well. Mario Kart 8 for example.

Basically, Nintendo makes sure their games are seamless for the kiddies and doesn't bother most of the time with options for us adults. This doesn't take anything away from the core games but it really bothers me.

Oh ok I see what you mean. Yeah I havent seen a brightness feature in any of their games actually, I sort of remember that Metroid Prime had the option but I'm not 100% certain on that.