Who are your favorite Fire Emblem: Awakening Characters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -

For me, it's Nowi, Lon'qu, and then probably my own avatar.  Lon'qu and Alvas are just disgusting, and nearly impossible to kill unless 4 powerful enemy units pile on them, and even then it can't always bring them down.  Nowi is a dragon.  That's all I have to say on that.  What about you guys?

#2 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Sully!!!!!  Also Henry, Gaius, Tharja, and Cherche.

#3 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

Lucina, Morgan, Avatar, and for some reason Owain.  I'd say Anna if she didn't mention gold or some shopping pun every other line.

#4 Posted by darkspineslayer (19761 posts) -
I'm probably the only one who likes Miriel. Aside from that, Owain, Morgan and Kellam are pretty great. Nah's first support with her father is damn hilarious.
#5 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

Lucina, Lon'qu, Tharja, Owain, and Donnel.

#6 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

I'm probably the only one who likes Miriel. darkspineslayer
As a science major I appreciate the humor, I just don't like being reminded of that form of thinking outside of research.  :P

#7 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

Lon'qu and Vaike

2418211-lon_qu.jpgchar_89080.jpg

#8 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -
I'm surprised to see so little love for Nowi! She's a flipping dragon!
#9 Posted by darkspineslayer (19761 posts) -
I'm surprised to see so little love for Nowi! She's a flipping dragon!Essian
Nowi is a little pain compared to what's her name from sacred stones.
#10 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

I'm surprised to see so little love for Nowi! She's a flipping dragon!Essian

But she can not compare to the awesomeness of the pot-wearing villager. :P

gcNxKPI.png

Nowi's cool. I have to use her a bit more before I could consider her as a favorite.

#11 Posted by Nick3306 (2579 posts) -
Kellam all the way
#12 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -
I wish I hadn't lost Donnel in that early battle. Oh well, that's what second playthroughs are for! Besides, I have a full party, and I like all my units... even Gregor... just because of his hilarious Russian accent.
#13 Posted by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -
Miriel! (Laurent but to a lesser extent ... his supports with Miriel were great) Morgan Owian Sully Honorable mention: Donnel, Tharja, Severa, Donnel My avatar married Luciana and I like her but her saying "Gods no!" all the time got to me. Sometimes she's intelligent and a BA, sometimes she's emotional and annoying. All this love for Kellam? Haven't touched the guy. Oh also -- in real life I'd probably really like Cordelia. I just don't find her to be particularly interesting compared to other characters.
#14 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

^ You said Donnel twice. lol

No one else likes Henry?  He is awesome!  He gets criticals like no tomorrow and his dark humour is hilarious!  "Hahahaha I'm going to kill you!"

#15 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -
Cherche! I never thought there would be a cute Wyvern rider, let alone an adorable one! *-*
#16 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -
Owain This guy is seriously awesome. Also all the ladies in my sig/avy + Noire and Cynthia
I wish I hadn't lost Donnel in that early battle. Oh well, that's what second playthroughs are for! Besides, I have a full party, and I like all my units... even Gregor... just because of his hilarious Russian accent.Essian
I stopped using Donnel after he broke the game.
#17 Posted by hyperjj3000 (973 posts) -
I like Sumia, Lissa and i quite like frederick because hes my husband and hes always telling me how much he loves me awww.
#18 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Owain This guy is seriously awesome. Also all the ladies in my sig/avy + Noire and Cynthia
I wish I hadn't lost Donnel in that early battle. Oh well, that's what second playthroughs are for! Besides, I have a full party, and I like all my units... even Gregor... just because of his hilarious Russian accent.Essian
I stopped using Donnel after he broke the game.

Yeah, after I read how he becomes good, I realized that after leveling him up to 5 or 6, he will probably start destroying everyone. I mean with a leveling skill like that, he is going to be insane, and when he hits level 10 and you promote him! Sigh... again, second playthroughs. For me, it's hard to say that anyone breaks the game. I mean, my avatar hits like a truck and is damn near impossible to kill, but then units like Cordelia or Lissa can sometimes get triple teamed and taken down. That's the thing about playing on Classic... I won't lose even one unit (unless I don't really care about them... >.> Kellam). Next playthrough I will probably bump up the difficulty to hard and then turn on Casual mode (if that's possible). That way, losing on unit doesn't mean I lose them forever, however the battles will become much more challenging.
#19 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
By ability, Sully and Stahl- they can hold off an entire army by themselves(which I have them do pretty often). By personality, Virion and Noire. He's a lech and she's completely psycho.:D
#20 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
Oh! Can't forget about Owain and his Slaying Hand of Righteous Power!*cue anime action theme*
#21 Posted by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -

I stopped using Donnel after he broke the game.Sora278

I personally tend to have use an overpowered character or two per battle.  Either paired up with a week character for support, or to complte some side-objective.

I like Sumia, Lissa and i quite like frederick because hes my husband and hes always telling me how much he loves me awww.hyperjj3000

None of these characters really appealed to me, personality-wise, but I did use Sumia and Lissa quite a bit.  I could see how Frederick would make a good husband character.

By ability, Sully and Stahl- they can hold off an entire army by themselves(which I have them do pretty often). By personality, Virion and Noire.

He's a lech and she's completely psycho.:DEl_Zo1212o

I'll second Sully and Stahl, by ability.  Very useful -- great mobility, a powerful force on the battlefield without feeling too "invincible" (like Donnel).  Just got Noire last night, seems bipolar.  Viron has one of my favorite spoken lines in the game "all hail me!"

From your other post -- "down sword hand!"  

#22 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

I'll second Sully and Stahl, by ability.  Very useful -- great mobility, a powerful force on the battlefield without feeling too "invincible" (like Donnel).  Just got Noire last night, seems bipolar.  Viron has one of my favorite spoken lines in the game "all hail me!"

From your other post -- "down sword hand!"  

Meinhard1
Noire has the best text line in the entire game- from the EXPonential Growth dlc level: "TASTE JUDGMENT, CROP-MUNCHER!"
#23 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -
Frederick (re-classed him), Cordelia, Virion, Anna, and Lon'qu
#24 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Lon'qu, Anna, Tharja, Nowi, Olivia, Lucina, Chrom, Stahl, Lissa, Cordilia, Libra, Cherche, Basilio, Flavia.

#25 Posted by darkspineslayer (19761 posts) -
After failing chapter 11 about 23 times on hard this evening, I'm really starting to hate Gangrel.
#26 Posted by halfmask (240 posts) -

So far both ability and personality wise my favorites are Lon'qu, Gaius, Virion, Libra, and Henry. I just got Owain on my team and I have a feeling he may become another favorite of mine... (Myrmidons/thieves never seem to fail me...)

#27 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

So far both ability and personality wise my favorites are Lon'qu, Gaius, Virion, Libra, and Henry. I just got Owain on my team and I have a feeling he may become another favorite of mine... (Myrmidons/thieves never seem to fail me...)

halfmask

Owain is a beast. 

#28 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

Kellam all the wayNick3306

My favorite too! He's like a giant panda w/ a javalin. I also like Panne a lot but I just got her so I will pick Chrom as my second choice, though that is mostly because I reimagine him as being Crom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nUUD8SM0Y

#29 Posted by YoBrandino (1546 posts) -

I loooove Henry!!! Awesome!

#30 Posted by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -

Am I missing out on Maribelle/Brady? She died early on.

#31 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

Owain was my favorite. 

#32 Posted by Hakumen21 (342 posts) -

Am  I the only one who doesn't find Fire Emblem fun?
I feel that i am missing out, but maybe im not playing it right? (Demo) 

#33 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Hakumen21

Yes.

#34 Posted by yokofox33 (29881 posts) -

Like almost everyone, I heart Lon'qu. He carried me through some victories early on in my campaign.

I also like Chrom, Lucina, Sumia, Gaius, Cherce, and Cordelia. And my own tactician who is a Dark Knight now.

#35 Posted by darkspineslayer (19761 posts) -
My female tactician is currently a Pegasus knight, after leveling through the Tactician class. She might end up horribly overpowered afterwards, but I want to pass Galeforce to Lucina and Morgan, so i can wreck shop :cool:
#36 Posted by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -

Hakumen21
I didn't care much for the demo but loved the actual game. The first two levels are just kind of simplistic and boring. And then it's over before you can get to the point where you actually care about the characters. ... if you bought the game, you'd be hooked by map 4 or 5.
#37 Posted by yokofox33 (29881 posts) -

My female tactician is currently a Pegasus knight, after leveling through the Tactician class. She might end up horribly overpowered afterwards, but I want to pass Galeforce to Lucina and Morgan, so i can wreck shop :cool:darkspineslayer

Yeah, I haven't passed Galeforce to anyone yet haha. I'm working on it with Sumia right now (married her to Chrom), but the kids have been born already haha. I'll just do it on my 2nd playthrough.

First time FE player, so I'm just playing on casual and getting a feel for the gameplay and leveling classes right now. Trial run I suppose.

#38 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
Henry, Tharja, Gaius, and Virion. Gaius and Virion have a few excellent supports that really got me to like them Virion/Robin, Gaius/Lissa, Gaius/Maribelle. I haven't gotten all the children yet, been playing the game on and off along with a lot of other things.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Fire Emblem fun? I feel that i am missing out, but maybe im not playing it right? (Demo)

Probably not, I can easily see why people wouldn't find Fire Emblem fun especially if you are looking for a challenging well balanced strategy game. The Fire Emblem games have the problem of giving you very strong characters that can pretty much destroy all your enemies by them-self. Usually by the midpoint of most Fire Emblem games the only reason to lose characters is when you have a guy who is killing so many enemies that they keep moving more and more to attack him slowly draining his health with each fight. This game is probably one of the worst in the series when it comes to that due to pairing and allowing you to level up out of main story chapters, giving you a lot of powerful weapons and stat increasing items, and having DLC maps made just to get money and EXP. The game has its permanent death system but unlike games like Jagged Alliance or XCOM there is no reason to ever let anyone die. Other than really enjoying supports and there not being very many good SRPG games (even less in America/Europe) I don't even know why I love the FE games after Fire Emblem 5. Or you could just not like the SRPG genre in general.
#39 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -

[QUOTE="halfmask"]

nintendofreak_2

Owain is a beast. 

DOWN SWORD HAND.

I loooove Henry!!! Awesome!

YoBrandino
I like him too, gonna try and use him more.
#40 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25552 posts) -

Cordelia - Such a BEAST on the battlefield! (she's the reason why my Lissa is a Falcon Knight now.)

Lon'qu - Also a BEAST, one reason why I had him marry Cordelia.

Olivia - KAWAII AS CRAP!

Kellam - This guy.

#41 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

I am trying to marry Nowi and Kellam so they can have giant dragon babbies.

#42 Posted by Hakumen21 (342 posts) -
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Henry, Tharja, Gaius, and Virion. Gaius and Virion have a few excellent supports that really got me to like them Virion/Robin, Gaius/Lissa, Gaius/Maribelle. I haven't gotten all the children yet, been playing the game on and off along with a lot of other things.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Fire Emblem fun? I feel that i am missing out, but maybe im not playing it right? (Demo)

Probably not, I can easily see why people wouldn't find Fire Emblem fun especially if you are looking for a challenging well balanced strategy game. The Fire Emblem games have the problem of giving you very strong characters that can pretty much destroy all your enemies by them-self. Usually by the midpoint of most Fire Emblem games the only reason to lose characters is when you have a guy who is killing so many enemies that they keep moving more and more to attack him slowly draining his health with each fight. This game is probably one of the worst in the series when it comes to that due to pairing and allowing you to level up out of main story chapters, giving you a lot of powerful weapons and stat increasing items, and having DLC maps made just to get money and EXP. The game has its permanent death system but unlike games like Jagged Alliance or XCOM there is no reason to ever let anyone die. Other than really enjoying supports and there not being very many good SRPG games (even less in America/Europe) I don't even know why I love the FE games after Fire Emblem 5. Or you could just not like the SRPG genre in general.

I just have this instant distaste for every bird's eye view grid-based game. As for the demo being different from the actual game, I'm still debating on it. :\ As the game is pricey since its hard to get a copy at the moment.
#43 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

My main teammates are

1. My Unit - which I nickname him Link (yeah I want to see a Fire Emblem Legend of Zelda crossover)

2. Chrom

3. Miriel

4. Sumia

5. Olivia (she makes for a good assassin)

6. Lucina

7. Maribelle

8. Lissa

9. Tharja

10. Cordelia

11. Inigo

12. Gaius

13. Lon'qu

14. Ricken

15. Vaike

#44 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

1. My Unit - which I nickname him Link (yeah I want to see a Fire Emblem Legend of Zelda crossover)

BigBen11111

That could be interesting. 

#45 Posted by Soilworkcob (626 posts) -

Lon'qu as an assassin and Chrom is a beast, Morgan also has awesome stats.

#46 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

I'm loving Henry right now. He has the best one-liner during his critical strike, "I'm gonna kill ya!"

#47 Posted by YoBrandino (1546 posts) -

[QUOTE="BigBen11111"]

Pixel-Perfect

That could be interesting.

Link & Ike

#48 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -
Heh, I just wanna see Intelligent Systems to make a Zelda game & make it a crossover while they're at it, killing 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak. Is it too late to say I also like Walhart & Gangrel? They're speeches are funny in the DLC.
#49 Posted by GrimDeity (5 posts) -
I'd have to say Virion, Nowi, Henry, and Gregor are by big favorite 4. I had Nowi at a 520 rating lol.