Which game to get next ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Syncotic (66 posts) -

I just got a wii u the other week and I'm able to get one new game this week but I wanna hear your thoughts on which is the best option, that has good replay value for my buck. Also take into account I'm a completionist.

Either getting Assassin's Creed Black Flag or Super Mario 3D World

What do you guys think ?

#2 Posted by spike6958 (4938 posts) -

Probably Mario.

Green stars add to the replay value, and been a completionist, it gives you more to go for. There is also Co-Op with up to 4 players, so you can replay the game with friends/family adding more variety.

Assassin's Creed, while there is plenty to do from a completionist standpoint, doesn't really have any replay value, once you've beaten it you've beaten it, you can go through and do any side stuff you missed out on, but there's no reason to play through again unless you enjoyed the story, there is the multiplayer, but if it's anything like AC3's multiplayer was on WiiU, the player base will be non-existent, and it'll be unplayable due to lag.

#3 Posted by Syncotic (66 posts) -

@spike6958: I see so mario's a safe bet

#4 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Get Mario now and AC4 later. Both are great but AC4 will have dropped in price long before Mario.

#5 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

If you are looking for replay value, Mario is probably the answer due to its multiplayer gameplay.

Collecting everything on ACIV will take longer than getting 100% in Super Mario 3D World, but Mario is certainly more replayable.

#6 Edited by kbaily (13042 posts) -

Both are great games but you really can't go wrong with a 1st party Nintendo game on the WiiU.

#7 Posted by Rickmon99 (7 posts) -

Wind Waker HD vs. Pikmin 3

This christmas i'm getting a Wii U. I want 2 games, as it is enough so getting Super Mario 3D World it's not an option, but the 2nd game, I really don't know if Pikmin 3 or WInd Waker HD. Wind waker is one of my favorite games and i had always been a Zelda fan but I don't really know if it's worth getting this Christmas as I've already complete it like 4 times. Is it really worth the graphical update or should I go with Pikmin? (When I was a kid I played Pikmin 1 but never finished it) If there is another great Wii U exclusive i'll be glad if you let me know. (I was never a great fan of the new super mario series).

#8 Posted by Syncotic (66 posts) -

@rickmon99: I have wind waker HD its pretty much the same as GC version with better graphics/controls so if you played that 4 times maybe get it a bit later. I also don't own pikmin so i cant say anything about that. I recommend you get Zombie U it's pretty cheap now and with the price you could get another game also I would recommend trying sonic and all stars racing transformed I was a bit skeptical if it would be good but from what I've seen of the new mario kart and what I've played of this I wont even bother with mario kart anymore, as this is much better.

#9 Posted by Rickmon99 (7 posts) -

thx for the feedback @syncotic but I think i'll go with Wind Waker HD as it is one of my favorite titles and I wouldn't mind on playing it again.