Which console should I get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Riku200 (360 posts) 7 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Which console should I get? (24 votes)

Gamecube 4%
Wii 38%
Ds (includes DS model) 0%
3DS (also kinda hard due to price) 58%

I'm not quite sure WHY I made a poll but...oh well,I'd like your advice people. I'm been away from Nintendo products for a long while.So,I was thinking about getting one out of these consoles. What do you think?

GC : I get to play good old games and the console (even though I'll get it used,is made out of...heck I don't know,it almost never breaks down)

Wii : Wii AND GC games...Oh and working out :D

Ds : What you can guess...also plays GBA games.I do have a GBA tho.

3DS : ...Hmm...It's at it's best and also has KH 3D DDS

Vote but also let me know why you chose what you chose.

Wii U is out of the question due to price.

#1 Posted by Jaysonguy (37524 posts) -

That's easy, get a used Wii that has backward compatibility. That way you can play all Wii games plus Gamecube games.

The nice thing about that is that you can get component cables for the Wii which will allow you to play Gamecube games that way as well. Component cables for the Gamecube are 200+

#2 Edited by calway55 (232 posts) -

Don't buy the newer wii as they are not backward compatible.

#3 Edited by Riku200 (360 posts) -

Guys how come NOONE votes?!?! It's a POLL!

As for @Jaysonguy and @calway55,thanks for your help.Vote if you can to make this easier for me.

#4 Edited by Jaysonguy (37524 posts) -

@Riku200 said:

Guys how come NOONE votes?!?! It's a POLL!

As for @Jaysonguy and @calway55,thanks for your help.Vote if you can to make this easier for me.

You don't have the older Wii listed there

Newer Wii's don't have the ability to play Gamecube games. That means you're either going to have to go and hope that you have a store that has very old stock or you'll have to hit sellers on Amazon or Ebay and see if they have an older model.

#5 Edited by Riku200 (360 posts) -

Jaysonguy What are you talking about.Of course I do.It's the second choice and I even mention it below that. I didn't say Wii mini and I also said about the backwards compatibility.

#6 Posted by Jaysonguy (37524 posts) -

@Riku200 said:

Jaysonguy What are you talking about.Of course I do.It's the second choice and I even mention it below that. I didn't say Wii mini and I also said about the backwards compatibility.

Not all Wii's have backward compatibility.

It was removed years ago

#7 Edited by Riku200 (360 posts) -

@Riku200 said:

It was removed years ago

Well yeah that's another story.I DID mention that I wanted it's backwards compatibility though. I'll just ask for a Wii of that kind at the store.

#8 Edited by Jaysonguy (37524 posts) -

@Riku200 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@Riku200 said:

It was removed years ago

Well yeah that's another story.I DID mention that I wanted it's backwards compatibility though. I'll just ask for a Wii of that kind at the store.

Good, make sure it is. I don't want you to miss out on the Gamecube aspect of the console because there's a lot of good games to be played from that console as well.

#9 Edited by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

The 3DS (which also means DS) by far, and it isn't even close.

Pokemon X/Y, Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, the plethora of Marios, and the many more I didn't mention and the many more on the way. The 3DS is on absolute fire right now, it's both the best and best-selling system in the world right now.

#10 Edited by Riku200 (360 posts) -

@dbtbandit67: Umm...alright.You do have a good point.

Vote for it if you like.You'll help me even more that way ;)

#11 Posted by Lightning__Evil (4481 posts) -

I'm leaning more towards the 3DS since that will offer you new releases in the future as well as some very good games that are already out like KH3D, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, and Dead or Alive Dimensions. It plays DS games as well. Also if you don't care about the 3D functionality you could always get a 2DS instead of a 3DS.

#12 Posted by Jaysonguy (37524 posts) -

The 3DS (which also means DS) by far, and it isn't even close.

Pokemon X/Y, Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, the plethora of Marios, and the many more I didn't mention and the many more on the way. The 3DS is on absolute fire right now, it's both the best and best-selling system in the world right now.

Actually in 2013 the Vita has better software as far as reviews

The 3DS isn't bad but there's no way it compares to the Wii/Gamecube libraries together

#13 Edited by mariokart64fan (19348 posts) -

comparing vita and 3ds belongs in system wars Jasonguy you know better and I disagree completely reviews=an opinion not fact

#14 Posted by TTUalumni13 (458 posts) -

Wii with backwards compatibility easy. Big library with most of the best games being dirt cheap, GameCube greats, and all the virtual console and wii ware gems

#15 Edited by muller39 (14944 posts) -

My vote goes to Wii U. Save up as it is backwards compatible so you can play alot of games on it.

#16 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

it's easy, a 3DS,just because Animal Crossing:NL made the handheld superior enough,but unfortunately I lived the same fate as you TC,I would definitely get this once there's a price chop

#17 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4673 posts) -

Get a Wii (that's backwards compatible) and a gamecube controller, gamecube memory cards, and maybe a classic controller (pro).

Then buy a 3DS if money is no longer the issue.

The only downside with the Wii is that some of its best games are difficult to find in stores.

#18 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

The only downside with the Wii is that some of its best games are difficult to find in stores.

I was lucky that I can fill about half of my personal Wii CD box with them(mostly Sonic related,but one of them is Animal Crossing)

#19 Posted by TJDMHEM (90 posts) -

get a 3ds.

#20 Edited by superbuuman (2613 posts) -

2DS ..2DS/3DS is probably a better choice..you will have newer games to play with. :P

#21 Posted by trugs26 (5230 posts) -

Either Wii or 3DS. Due to price point, I voted Wii.

#22 Posted by Riku200 (360 posts) -

Woah,someone actually voted for a GC...I'm surprised.

#23 Edited by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -
#24 Posted by CTR360 (6952 posts) -

WII

#25 Posted by Riku200 (360 posts) -
#26 Posted by trugs26 (5230 posts) -

@Riku200 said:

Woah,someone actually voted for a GC...I'm surprised.

Hm. I'm looking at the poll results and it says that I voted for it. It must have been an accident (or glitch), because I meant to vote Wii. My bad :P

#27 Posted by Riku200 (360 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

Hm. I'm looking at the poll results and it says that I voted for it. It must have been an accident (or glitch), because I meant to vote Wii. My bad :P

No problem,I've done stuff like that by mistake too XD So don't worry about it.

Say what are the region locks on Wii? If I get a Wii from amazon.uk will I be able to play any PAL game on it?

#29 Edited by trugs26 (5230 posts) -
@Riku200 said:

@trugs26 said:

No problem,I've done stuff like that by mistake too XD So don't worry about it.

Say what are the region locks on Wii? If I get a Wii from amazon.uk will I be able to play any PAL game on it?

Yup. PAL is Australia/New Zealand and all around the UK/European regions.

#30 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

I really think you ought to get the Wii U. Wii U, Wii and VC.

But if you it's really just way too expensive then get a Wii.