Which 3DS XL to buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

godzilley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 godzilley
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hellooo :) So i recently got this huge 3DS XL fever (I only have the old, red one), and I've decided I HAVE to get one. I really wanted the new xl with majoras mask, but money... so now I have to choose between a regular New 3DS XL or the old 3DS XL a link between worlds bundle. The price doesnt really matter, I just wonder what's the best to buy? I've seen a few reviews, and I would prefer the New 3DS XL but the design on the zelda edition is so god damn cool, so i really don't know.. is it much of a difference?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

None

A new redesign will be out soon, there's no sense jumping on Nintendo's last effort to charge people to R&D features that will be in their next hardware.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

There will be new games for the new one plus all the existing library so that's an easy one, get the newest version unless you are interested in collecting, if that's the case then just one edition is not enough to " collect ". The new games for the newest edition may not be compatible to play in the previous generation because it's lacking two buttons.

thinkcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thinkcap
Member since 2015 • 54 Posts

I would say 100% go for the New 3DS XL. That second analog thing is going to be very handy in games like RE: Revelations, MH4U, Majora's Mask 3D, and more down the line. And because of more processing power you'll have quicker load times.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol...the new 3ds xl...like seriously.

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

New one.. Face tracking 3D, 2 more back buttons, the new nub stick thing, faster processing, will be able to play games only made for New 3DS (only one announced so far Xenoblade Chronicles).

The main gamestop in my city just got New 3DSXL display models that have Majoras Mask demo on it. I will say that in person, the black 3DS seems to be very nice quality holding it in the hands and looking at the build, feeling the buttons. The new analog nub thing feels almost exactly like those nub things that are in the middle of some laptops that you use as a mouse (I had a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 with a very similar feeling nub for 4 years in college so I know xD). I was using it to rotate the camera around link playing the Majoras Mask demo..