Where are the really good games?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for tharealdeal20xx
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 tharealdeal20xx
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
I bought this system and I like it but were are the really good games. It seems GCube games look much better than the Wii stuff. I want RE4 caliber games, or even Eternal Darkness or rogue squadron or something... What do you all think is happening here?
RandomTask221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 RandomTask221
Member since 2005 • 7795 Posts
Oh my god, are you serious?...its been like 3 weeks since launch dude, calm the hell down.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts

Oh my god, are you serious?...its been like 3 weeks since launch dude, calm the hell down. RandomTask221

In my books the only good game is Zelda. I don' want to play Rayman or anyone of the VC titles and there is not one good racing game. Did you play GT racing? Looks like an SNES game.

Avatar image for anthony_roselle
anthony_roselle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthony_roselle
Member since 2006 • 3232 Posts
you noticed that RE4 came out after the GC was dead right? well mostly the Wii is getting f***ing ports from Ubisoft ( Far Cry, Prince of Persia, Horsez and all that other bull****) but that doesnt mean there arent any good games, Elebits, Metal Slug, Zelda, and Trauma Center.
RandomTask221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 RandomTask221
Member since 2005 • 7795 Posts

[QUOTE="RandomTask221"]Oh my god, are you serious?...its been like 3 weeks since launch dude, calm the hell down. rasstarman

In my books the only good game is Zelda. I don' want to play Rayman or anyone of the VC titles and there is not one good racing game. Did you play GT racing? Looks like an SNES game.

Madden 07', Zelda, Trauma Center, Tony Hawk, Red Steel, CoD3....ect.. good games that just came out.

TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
wait till prime 3, and ssbb, and the new ninty series
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#7 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
There's Zelda, Trauma Center, Rayman, the best version of Madden 07, Metal Slug Anthology, Excite Truck... It's only a month after launch, so I don't it's that bad, and soon Wii Play and Wario Ware will be out, those look good.  Then Sonic in March.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Hmm please give me one launch that had a good flow of great games? Thats what I thought.
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tharealdeal20xx
Oh my god, are you serious?...its been like 3 weeks since launch dude, calm the hell down. RandomTask221

Darn right I am serious. I have Zelda, its a decent game but windwaker is a better Zelda. MUA which is the **** but you can only play this game so much, COD3 which sucks period. Wii sports is the best title and a lot more fun than anything I have played in a long time. RE 4 is the best game graphically gameplay and story in the last generation of titles in my opinion. There will be those who disagree but think of one game on the PS2, XBox and GCube that was better.

I am calm..

rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rasstarman
[QUOTE="rasstarman"]

[QUOTE="RandomTask221"]Oh my god, are you serious?...its been like 3 weeks since launch dude, calm the hell down. RandomTask221

Madden 07', Zelda, Trauma Center, Tony Hawk, Red Steel, CoD3....ect.. good games that just came out.

Madden 07'Trauma Center, Tony Hawk, Red Steal CoD3 - None of these games have online multiplayer and I don't want  to depend on friends coming over to get a game going. There is basically no replay vaue when the game is not online. I am still wondering why Nintendo couldn't get online play done for launch. It's already bad that they sold me a console with old technology in it but why no online play? The Wii processor is slower than the first xbox.

stonecold86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stonecold86
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
RE4 is over-rated. 
Avatar image for WoWmustbemylife
WoWmustbemylife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WoWmustbemylife
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts
alright resi 4 was near the end of this gen so devs had a good grip on the tech and what the piece of hardware can do. They have had not had this exp for the wii so the graphics n gameplay might be a little subpar like LoZ Twilight Princess they originally thought they were making it for the GC and its an incredible game for it but then they got sprung with the wii and + they don't know how far they cann push the console and would rather have a little lower graphics then a laggy zelda game i assume thats also what contibuted to the lack of orchestrated music for Twilight Princess too(im not agreeing with you Jeff Gerstman i still want you to die in a fire)give it a year and you will get halo 3 quality games

P.S. halo fans be happy it got delayed the devs will now have a better look on how well they can make the graphics and music
dung24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 dung24
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
Wait for prime 3... wait for some good vc games.... wait for galaxy...... wait for smash bros.... wait for prime 3..... metroid... prime..... 3......
Avatar image for WoWmustbemylife
WoWmustbemylife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WoWmustbemylife
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts
i still can't beleive people haven't gotten a good hold on that fact...longer the system has been out better quality games...

OH MY GOD GIVE ME METROID PRIME 3!!!!!  JEEEEZ IO CANT WAIIIITTTT IM GOING TO FREEZE MYSELF TILL ITS RELEASE!!!  ugh i need a drink (>'_')>[]
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tharealdeal20xx
i still can't beleive people haven't gotten a good hold on that fact...longer the system has been out better quality games...

OH MY GOD GIVE ME METROID PRIME 3!!!!! JEEEEZ IO CANT WAIIIITTTT IM GOING TO FREEZE MYSELF TILL ITS RELEASE!!! ugh i need a drink (>'_')>[]WoWmustbemylife

It is not that people do not get that it is companies don't deliver what is promised. Ok Wii is twice as powerful as Cube...Show me. They have not shown that yet. Secondly, why haven't they released the in depth specs for this yet. They want us to buy it first then drop the "it runs on a 600 mhz duron processor?"  Zelda should have been much better than it is period. It is a good game but it is Nintendo's project so they should have a firm undrstanding of the Wii and capitalize on it.
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tharealdeal20xx
RE4 is over-rated. stonecold86

You are smoking something. Halo is overrated.
Avatar image for anthony_roselle
anthony_roselle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthony_roselle
Member since 2006 • 3232 Posts
[QUOTE="stonecold86"]RE4 is over-rated. tharealdeal20xx

RE4 overated LOL. Please if any thing its underated its the best game out there besides LoZ:TP. Halo is the most overated game its not even that fun...
Avatar image for wiifullthrottle
wiifullthrottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wiifullthrottle
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts

They want us to buy it first then drop the "it runs on a 600 mhz duron processor?"  tharealdeal20xx

Okay, people here need to understand this. The Xbox ran on a 733 MHz Intel Celeron. The Wii runs on a 729 MHz PowerPC core. At first glance, the Xbox seems faster. But the Intel Celeron architecture is very slow and inefficient compared to the PowerPC architecture. The Wii can do more MIPS (millions of operations per second) per MHz than the Xbox can. Thus, it performs better, when used to the fullest.

stonecold86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stonecold86
[QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"][QUOTE="stonecold86"]RE4 is over-rated. anthony_roselle

RE4 overated LOL. Please if any thing its underated its the best game out there besides LoZ:TP. Halo is the most overated game its not even that fun...

Yo, I never said Halo was awesome? I said RE4 was over-rated, and I believe it is, people say its the best game ever, give me a break. I lost interest before the 2nd disc. And yes, I am smoking your Dad's pole right now as a matter of fact.
The_Jmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Jmac
Member since 2006 • 278 Posts
[QUOTE="anthony_roselle"][QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"][QUOTE="stonecold86"]RE4 is over-rated. stonecold86

Yo, I never said Halo was awesome? I said RE4 was over-rated, and I believe it is, people say its the best game ever, give me a break. I lost interest before the 2nd disc. And yes, I am smoking your Dad's pole right now as a matter of fact.

*rolls eyes* in conclusion, Halo is over-rated. RE4 is a good game...but its' not "omfg bez game liek evar". Its solid though.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"][QUOTE="stonecold86"]RE4 is over-rated. anthony_roselle

You're insane.
stonecold86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stonecold86
Haha thanks for your input, "Guy who's input does not matter". I appreciate it. Leon licks balls, Ashley licks balls, The chainsaw zombies lick balls, Green Herbs lick balls. RE4 licks balls.
xNeverTheHerox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xNeverTheHerox
Member since 2004 • 159 Posts
[QUOTE="stonecold86"][QUOTE="anthony_roselle"][QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"][QUOTE="stonecold86"]RE4 is over-rated. The_Jmac

*rolls eyes* in conclusion, Halo is over-rated. RE4 is a good game...but its' not "omfg bez game liek evar". Its solid though.

I don't want to go off track, but definately the best game to come out for consoles in about say, 8 years. It's not overated, your gaming abilities are overrated. Any gamer knows RE4 is THE game this generation for single player. Awesome story, ridiculous graphics, moody atmosphere, awesome AI, and relentless gameplay. RE4 has all of it, and a little more.
camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 camzaman
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts
If you want graphics, play Zelda or Red Steel, IMO Red Steel's the best looking game on Wii right now. BTW graphics don't make a "really good game," they're just part of it. You don't understand what's happening here? Most developers underestimated Nintendo and then were surprised at Wii's popularity at E3, so lots of games were rushed or ports and consequently didn't have time to be updated graphically. In the future there should be better, more polished graphics in Wii games. Heck, lots of PS3 games didn't have great graphics because they were rushed for launch.
The_Jmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Jmac
Member since 2006 • 278 Posts
Haha thanks for your input, "Guy who's input does not matter". I appreciate it. Leon licks balls, Ashley licks balls, The chainsaw zombies lick balls, Green Herbs lick balls. RE4 licks balls.stonecold86
Wait....does El Gigante lick balls too?
00Joseph00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 00Joseph00
Member since 2004 • 1578 Posts
Ironically, the only good game available is really just a GameCube title ported onto the Wii.  But I aint complaining.

All the Wii games look silly compared to the GameCube titles like Resident Evil 4 (and the Twilight Princess port).  Just wait.  The Wii has at least 5 years ahead of it.
00Joseph00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 00Joseph00
Member since 2004 • 1578 Posts
[QUOTE="stonecold86"]Haha thanks for your input, "Guy who's input does not matter". I appreciate it. Leon licks balls, Ashley licks balls, The chainsaw zombies lick balls, Green Herbs lick balls. RE4 licks balls.The_Jmac

Oh god... the very thought...
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tharealdeal20xx
[QUOTE="stonecold86"]Haha thanks for your input, "Guy who's input does not matter". I appreciate it. Leon licks balls, Ashley licks balls, The chainsaw zombies lick balls, Green Herbs lick balls. RE4 licks balls.The_Jmac

Excellent

tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tharealdeal20xx
[QUOTE="The_Jmac"][QUOTE="stonecold86"][QUOTE="anthony_roselle"][QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"][QUOTE="stonecold86"]RE4 is over-rated. xNeverTheHerox

I don't want to go off track, but definately the best game to come out for consoles in about say, 8 years. It's not overated, your gaming abilities are overrated. Any gamer knows RE4 is THE game this generation for single player. Awesome story, ridiculous graphics, moody atmosphere, awesome AI, and relentless gameplay. RE4 has all of it, and a little more.

That is what I am saying. Right on point. RE4 set the bar for games in the last cycle. Wii games should at least look like that. period
noxusrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 noxusrules
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

I think that RE4 is a good game and Halo too but they're diferents

tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tharealdeal20xx

[QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"] They want us to buy it first then drop the "it runs on a 600 mhz duron processor?" wiifullthrottle

Okay, people here need to understand this. The Xbox ran on a 733 MHz Intel Celeron. The Wii runs on a 729 MHz PowerPC core. At first glance, the Xbox seems faster. But the Intel Celeron architecture is very slow and inefficient compared to the PowerPC architecture. The Wii can do more MIPS (millions of operations per second) per MHz than the Xbox can. Thus, it performs better, when used to the fullest.

Where did you hear that? and where is the source if you could please.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

That is what I am saying. Right on point. RE4 set the bar for games in the last cycle. Wii games should at least look like that. period
tharealdeal20xx

When you get some extra time could you please grab a clue?
Thanks

The Wii is full of great launch games
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tharealdeal20xx
What are you talking about. How young are you and how long have you been playing games. In my first message I gave indication of the games I felt were decent. I have seen the progression of games and systems for the last 22 years the Wii is a good system with capability that exceeds the junk that was released. If indeed it is a souped up Cube or emulates it some way then the titles that were released should look better than what was presented to us. MUA is nice looking, Zelda should look better, COD is crap.
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tharealdeal20xx
RE4 just was a really nice game that took me by surprise of what the Cube was capable of doing. Did you expect quality like that from the Cube? It exceeded Splinter Cell.
Chieltjuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chieltjuh
Member since 2005 • 1402 Posts
Wait for prime 3... wait for some good vc games.... wait for galaxy...... wait for smash bros.... wait for prime 3..... metroid... prime..... 3......dung24
yeah mp3 will be the game for the wii
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jaysonguy
What are you talking about. How young are you and how long have you been playing games. In my first message I gave indication of the games I felt were decent. I have seen the progression of games and systems for the last 22 years the Wii is a good system with capability that exceeds the junk that was released. If indeed it is a souped up Cube or emulates it some way then the titles that were released should look better than what was presented to us. MUA is nice looking, Zelda should look better, COD is crap. tharealdeal20xx

Zelda is a GAMECUBE game.
Are you just guessing about the Wii?

You know this forum is located right in a site that covers video games right?
You can go look up the facts on all these games.

Go study, then come back and we'll talk.
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tharealdeal20xx
[QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"]

jbrittain
You really shouldn't have bought a Wii if you didn't know what you were getting into ahead of time. The fact is that the Wii is capable of making games better looking than RE4, but you have to give the devs some time. Most developers were just given a Gamecube kit and Wii-mote to create their first gen games, not to mention that Ubisoft just created a crapload of ports. No one really knew what the official specs of the Wii would be until it was too late to make launch. Zelda looks better than anything on Gamecube, so there you go. That's your graphical powerhouse for Wii right now. You want more? Wait for Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Those games will all push the Wii to its limits. If you want better looking games than that, you're going to have to buy a 360 or PS3, but I seriously hope you didn't buy the Wii for its graphics, because if you did then you wasted your money.

If you read my other stuff you will understand. I bought the Wii for its ability to deliver quality  gaming experiences. I am sure you would not want this to pump out Battle Arena Toshindin graphics right... Zelda was orginally slated for GameCube and it looks like it. Nintendo IMO should have refined it to meet the capabilities of the device well beyond the controller. Zelda does not look better than anything on the Cube, but it looks better than a lot of games developed for it. Eternal Darkness, RE4, Splinter Cell, Killer7, I can go on Metroid Prime 1+2,  RE1 remake. Wind Waker are all games that demonstrated the power of the cube and there are more titles. I am aware that developers need time but when the news given stated that it plays gamecube games and it is twice as powerful then the those who had made games for the cube should have pumped out high quality cube like titles.( with the kits they had...)
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rasstarman

There's Zelda, Trauma Center, Rayman, the best version of Madden 07, Metal Slug Anthology, Excite Truck... It's only a month after launch, so I don't it's that bad, and soon Wii Play and Wario Ware will be out, those look good.  Then Sonic in March.Gamer46

Best version of madden? The game has no online play when all the console versions are online. That's a huge disadvantage if you ask me.

overlordbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 overlordbill
Member since 2003 • 176 Posts
[QUOTE="RandomTask221"][QUOTE="rasstarman"]

[QUOTE="RandomTask221"]Oh my god, are you serious?...its been like 3 weeks since launch dude, calm the hell down. rasstarman

Madden 07'Trauma Center, Tony Hawk, Red Steal CoD3 - None of these games have online multiplayer and I don't want  to depend on friends coming over to get a game going. There is basically no replay vaue when the game is not online. I am still wondering why Nintendo couldn't get online play done for launch. It's already bad that they sold me a console with old technology in it but why no online play? The Wii processor is slower than the first xbox.

if you hate it so much, you should sell it to someone who actualy wants to play it instead of complain about it
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Gamer46"]There's Zelda, Trauma Center, Rayman, the best version of Madden 07, Metal Slug Anthology, Excite Truck... It's only a month after launch, so I don't it's that bad, and soon Wii Play and Wario Ware will be out, those look good. Then Sonic in March.rasstarman

Best version of madden? The game has no online play when all the console versions are online. That's a huge disadvantage if you ask me.

Online play is a moot point.

The fact is that it plays the best out of any other Madden out in the last few years.
dangerflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dangerflash
Member since 2004 • 1889 Posts
yeah calm down go pick up some cube games and be content until mario or ssbb comes out
rad_2xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rad_2xl
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
[QUOTE="stonecold86"][QUOTE="anthony_roselle"][QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"][QUOTE="stonecold86"]RE4 is over-rated. The_Jmac

Halo forever.
hoyaboyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hoyaboyd
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Madden is one of the few games that any developers(EA/Ubisoft) could have ported quick and dirty but they didn't.  EA Canada took the cube version, enhanced the graphics(they are better on the Wii), and added one of the best ground up control systems.  EA who normally gets ripped for their lack of innovation took the Wii version of Madden and ran with it.  Also, once again, if you are complaining about the Wii graphics right now you need to wait atleast a few month/years for the games to really ramp up.  Come this time next year, RE4 graphics will be standard.  Remember, most companies spent their time working on the wii-mote controls instead of graphics. 
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
I bought this system and I like it but were are the really good games. It seems GCube games look much better than the Wii stuff. I want RE4 caliber games, or even Eternal Darkness or rogue squadron or something... What do you all think is happening here?tharealdeal20xx
*sigh* Did you expect the best games for the system to come out right at launch? Good Grief!!!!
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
[QUOTE="jbrittain"][QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"]

tharealdeal20xx
You really shouldn't have bought a Wii if you didn't know what you were getting into ahead of time. The fact is that the Wii is capable of making games better looking than RE4, but you have to give the devs some time. Most developers were just given a Gamecube kit and Wii-mote to create their first gen games, not to mention that Ubisoft just created a crapload of ports. No one really knew what the official specs of the Wii would be until it was too late to make launch. Zelda looks better than anything on Gamecube, so there you go. That's your graphical powerhouse for Wii right now. You want more? Wait for Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Those games will all push the Wii to its limits. If you want better looking games than that, you're going to have to buy a 360 or PS3, but I seriously hope you didn't buy the Wii for its graphics, because if you did then you wasted your money.

If you read my other stuff you will understand. I bought the Wii for its ability to deliver quality gaming experiences. I am sure you would not want this to pump out Battle Arena Toshindin graphics right... Zelda was orginally slated for GameCube and it looks like it. Nintendo IMO should have refined it to meet the capabilities of the device well beyond the controller. Zelda does not look better than anything on the Cube, but it looks better than a lot of games developed for it. Eternal Darkness, RE4, Splinter Cell, Killer7, I can go on Metroid Prime 1+2, RE1 remake. Wind Waker are all games that demonstrated the power of the cube and there are more titles. I am aware that developers need time but when the news given stated that it plays gamecube games and it is twice as powerful then the those who had made games for the cube should have pumped out high quality cube like titles.( with the kits they had...)

I really dont think you understand. IF Zelda were re-done graphically to use the Wii's graphical capabilities to its fullest, then we wouldn't have gotten it for another year. It was originally made for Gamecube, period. I'm glad that we got it now.. I would have been seriously pissed if I had to wait another year so people would stop complaining about teh graphics!11 Zelda TP is as high quality of a game as could possibly be made for Gamecube, straight up. You will see high quality games for Wii later, but you're really not giving people a chance. These devs have been spending all of their resources trying to figure out how the Wii remote works, not pushing the graphics. And since when has any system launched with games that used all of its power or abilities? Never. By the way, the title of this thread should have been changed to another one of the million "Wii graphics sux!1!11@" Because that's all this is about. There are plenty of good fun games for the Wii, but yea, none of them are using its full graphical capabilities yet. You're gonna have to wait for that.
_Quagy_Giggity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 _Quagy_Giggity
Member since 2004 • 327 Posts

[QUOTE="tharealdeal20xx"] They want us to buy it first then drop the "it runs on a 600 mhz duron processor?"  wiifullthrottle

Here here.
WiFi-Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WiFi-Kid
Member since 2006 • 366 Posts

You guys keep saying that graphics don't matter, but they do! Now, I hope I didn't get off on the wrong foot, because I'm not that "Graphics whore". I actually agree with most of you on your points, and really, if you want quality launch titles, you're most likely NEVER EVER going to get them. Now listen kid, wait a year or so and you will see quality titles as those you listed. It took developers at least 2, 3, or 4 years for Resident Evil 4, Killer7, Eternal Darkness, Paper Mario 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and please don't quote me on that. Now, take a look at games like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and No More Heroes. There you have it. Now shut up and wait! Oh yeah, and Halo is very and much overrated!

stonecold86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stonecold86

Yes, indeed he does.