Where are all the topnotch games on Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrotherGamer
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
I think Zelda TP, was probably one of the best games ive played in oh say the past decade, but besides the VC, there is literally NOTHING coming out on Wii anytime soon (at least with an announced date) that looks "great". I am a bit disappointed with the narrow range of exceptional titles on this system.
gonzalezj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gonzalezj1
Member since 2004 • 1965 Posts
GameSpot thinks that WarioWare is "superb".
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Nintendo's pushing back their main titles so the third parties can actually feel confortable releasing titles on Wii. But don't worry, they'll come.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
I know it can get a little annoying but you just have to wait it out. There will be good games. But at the moment, Sonic and the Secret Rings comes out on the 20th (North America) and it's looking to be the best 3D Sonic entry yet. Also, SSX Blur comes in about a week (once again, North America). But as for the killer games like Metroid and Mario Galaxy, you're just gonna have to wait.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
Nintendo's pushing back their main titles so the third parties can actually feel confortable releasing titles on Wii. But don't worry, they'll come.Wintry_Flutist

If only those third parties put in more of an effort.  Right now, all they seem to be doing is giving PS2 ports tacked-on controls.  I'm looking at you, Splinter Cell Wii :| .
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Wario Ware and Zelda are top games imo... Paper Mario is comming out in April as well, the fact that people are crying over the lack of games from a system that just came out is flat out childish imo and makes no dam sense at all.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
when you say "great", what you really mean is games in your taste.
JayMatthews06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JayMatthews06
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
I agree that the Wii's library is not that extensive at the moment, but there are a few games that should certainly be in your collection, namely: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports (obviously), Wii Play (cause it's cheap), Red Steel (sort of...), and Smooth Moves.

Also, there will be some superb games coming out this year... Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, SSX Blur, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Wii Music, Paper Mario...
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
Nintendo's pushing back their main titles so the third parties can actually feel confortable releasing titles on Wii. But don't worry, they'll come.Wintry_Flutist
I like how nintendo does this to make sure they aren't throwing out titles as soon as they can and actually making games worth purchasing. I for one am kinda happy about the wii and the way things are going. It gives me a chance to play some wii games as they are released, get some GC games and VC games to tide me over
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kidrock17xp
Wario Ware and Zelda are top games imo... Paper Mario is comming out in April as well, the fact that people are crying over the lack of games from a system that just came out is flat out childish imo and makes no dam sense at all.wizdom
yeh lots of ppl say the 360 has lots of good games, well it should it's been out for a year
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
SuzumeCake

Exactly, so far my list is.....

Rayman
Zelda
Madden
Chicken Little
Dragon Ball Z
Need for Speed
Spongebob
Monkey Ball
Trauma Center
Wario
Wii Sports

I also want
Elebits
Excite Truck
Because my friend has them and enjoys them very much

I might add Metal Slug to the list once I open it this week
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts
As for "top notch", lets all be honest and not show fanboyism... There is only a few "top notch" titles out.  However, give it time.. Just like the DS, it took a while for nintendo to start cranking out the top notch title.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kidrock17xp
[QUOTE="SuzumeCake"]when you say "great", what you really mean is games in your taste.
Jaysonguy

Exactly, so far my list is.....

Rayman
Zelda
Madden
Chicken Little
Dragon Ball Z
Need for Speed
Spongebob
Monkey Ball
Trauma Center
Wario
Wii Sports

I also want
Elebits
Excite Truck
Because my friend has them and enjoys them very much

I might add Metal Slug to the list once I open it this week

I was thinking about buying excite truck for 30 dollars today but decided against it since I am planning on getting sonic if it gets a good rating.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
As for "top notch", lets all be honest and not show fanboyism... There is only a few "top notch" titles out. However, give it time.. Just like the DS, it took a while for nintendo to start cranking out the top notch title.ArmoJan

No, it depends on the taste of the person.

For a game to be top notch I have to be able to live with the fact that I paid full retail for it and enjoyed it until the end. They also have to have something that makes that game unique
Avatar image for stealth360snipa
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 stealth360snipa
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts
I like super monkey ball and excite truck. the 1st party titles will come so dont worry. i.e. Super Mario Galaxy
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArmoJan
[QUOTE="ArmoJan"]As for "top notch", lets all be honest and not show fanboyism... There is only a few "top notch" titles out. However, give it time.. Just like the DS, it took a while for nintendo to start cranking out the top notch title.Jaysonguy

then there officially isn't many documented "Top notch" titles in that case. I believe the poster is referring to games that are top sellers and top rated. There is only a few of them.. Like I said though, give it time.. Im not out to bash the Wii, but I am being honest and taking a non-fanboy stand when I say there is currently not many "top notch" titles. Also given the fact online multiplay is not even availble yet. 2+2=?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="ArmoJan"]As for "top notch", lets all be honest and not show fanboyism... There is only a few "top notch" titles out. However, give it time.. Just like the DS, it took a while for nintendo to start cranking out the top notch title.ArmoJan

then there officially isn't many documented "Top notch" titles in that case. I believe the poster is referring to games that are top sellers and top rated. There is only a few of them.. Like I said though, give it time.. Im not out to bash the Wii, but I am being honest and taking a non-fanboy stand when I say there is currently not many "top notch" titles. Also given the fact online multiplay is not even availble yet. 2+2=?

I see where you're coming from but man, if you only buy the high ranked games your gaming experience is gonna suck lol I don't think anyone does that me and you included
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArmoJan
[QUOTE="ArmoJan"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="ArmoJan"]As for "top notch", lets all be honest and not show fanboyism... There is only a few "top notch" titles out. However, give it time.. Just like the DS, it took a while for nintendo to start cranking out the top notch title.Jaysonguy

I see where you're coming from but man, if you only buy the high ranked games your gaming experience is gonna suck lol I don't think anyone does that me and you included

there has been low rated games in the past that I happened to enjoy (I admit).  Now the question is, where are all the top notched games?  My answer is.. They are coming.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]Nintendo's pushing back their main titles so the third parties can actually feel confortable releasing titles on Wii. But don't worry, they'll come.ColonelWilks

If only those third parties put in more of an effort.  Right now, all they seem to be doing is giving PS2 ports tacked-on controls.  I'm looking at you, Splinter Cell Wii :| .

Any different to Nintendo porting a Gamecube game with tacked-on controls? But I have to admit SC takes the biscuit.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

SuzumeCake

so true

hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
Don't worry, they will be here sooner than you might think.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
The Wii's got plenty of top notch games at affordable prices. Here's a short list. Eternal Darkness Resident Evil 4 Super Mario 64 Super Mario World The Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
[QUOTE="PikaPichu"]The Wii's got plenty of top notch games at affordable prices. Here's a short list. Eternal Darkness Resident Evil 4 Super Mario 64 Super Mario World The Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Exactly 1/2 of those games are gamecube games.  The others are VC games. 
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
You have to have patience.