When is the Virtual Console coming out for the Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spetsnazxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spetsnazxx
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

Any information regarding that is appreciated.

Nerdmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nerdmeat
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I would also like to know, I'm really picky about my games and only picked up exclusives like Mario and ZombiU, both are great but some Virtual console stuff would certainly be welcomed.

Now I know it's already on the Wii side of things but playing Virtual Console games on the U gamepad would be... "neat" :)

btw nanostray neo is badass, and has good difficulty too. That's a solid U shop title already out.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

you must mean for the gamecube? because it already has a wii app and the wii shop is operatable under it. that's where you'll find nes,snes,64 games

Nerdmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nerdmeat
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

you must mean for the gamecube? because it already has a wii app and the wii shop is operatable under it. that's where you'll find nes,snes,64 games

Sphensen

I realize the wii shop does have a ton of stuff already. But I would like to play this library on the Wii U gamepad.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sphensen

If it is to be moved to the Wii U eshop, I doubt they would do it anytime soon. I would like to see this as well

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

If it is to be moved to the Wii U eshop, I doubt they would do it anytime soon. I would like to see this as well

Sphensen
Why would they not? Remember one of Nintendo's key audiences is the casual market, and they probably would go onto the WiiU eShop see that Virtual Console games don't exist on it and assume they aren't available on WiiU, Nintendo are making it a lot harder on both themselves and there customers by hiding them on the Wii Menu, so the sooner they get it sorted out so they can be both bought and played via the WiiU the better for all involved.
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sphensen

the console reboots in "wii" mode when you go to play a wii game. My guess would be that it's a OS issue that prevents it from being on the Wii U platform. As far as the gamecube and down, I would imagine it would take some time to convert everything from the wii shop to the Wii U eshop