When can we expect online games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by YourExpert (387 posts) -
 Online gameplay?  Has Nintendo set a time period
#2 Posted by ColonelWilks (3149 posts) -
Soon, but I don't think that Nintendo plans on putting a large emphasis on online play this console generation.  They were the only company without an online-enabled game at launch, after all.  This is probably the main reason that I prefer the 360 to my Wii, but both are good.
#3 Posted by camreeno360 (6850 posts) -
This sucks. I'm dying, please just bring it. I feel like i'm in a desert looking at merages.
#4 Posted by Irockman0 (58 posts) -

Soon, but I don't think that Nintendo plans on putting a large emphasis on online play this console generation.  They were the only company without an online-enabled game at launch, after all.  This is probably the main reason that I prefer the 360 to my Wii, but both are good.ColonelWilks

Nintendo IS going to focus on online play. Nintendo said they are going to have lots of online games.

#5 Posted by YourExpert (387 posts) -
any word on a microphone?
#6 Posted by Irockman0 (58 posts) -
No word on microphones.
#7 Posted by bdmckinley (795 posts) -
If you check out the upcoming releases I believe I saw "Blazing Angels" listed as having 16 player online. Don't know if they are still planning on having it in the game or not. Here's the link
#8 Posted by gatsbythepig (10486 posts) -
 Online gameplay?  Has Nintendo set a time periodYourExpert
When Pokemon comes out.
#9 Posted by c0mplex (15382 posts) -

[QUOTE="ColonelWilks"]Soon, but I don't think that Nintendo plans on putting a large emphasis on online play this console generation. They were the only company without an online-enabled game at launch, after all. This is probably the main reason that I prefer the 360 to my Wii, but both are good.Irockman0

Nintendo IS going to focus on online play. Nintendo said they are going to have lots of online games.

same thing was said about the DS...
#10 Posted by c0mplex (15382 posts) -
any word on a microphone?YourExpert
no word on it... but looking at Nintendo's track record, i say its a definite no.
#11 Posted by v3n0m111 (546 posts) -
i want online so bad
#12 Posted by Psy236 (973 posts) -
Soon, but I don't think that Nintendo plans on putting a large emphasis on online play this console generation.  They were the only company without an online-enabled game at launch, after all.  This is probably the main reason that I prefer the 360 to my Wii, but both are good.ColonelWilks
I don't the original Xbox didn't have online at launch. but now they're online has been a huge focus. I don't see y it wouldn't be the same with the Wii. altho this is mainly me hoping, but I see a high possibility that nintendo will finally embrace the online community with this console.