What's your favorite Zelda dungeon?

#1 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9515 posts) -

I can't think of one I love most out of all the games, so I'll just name my favorites from each game:

• Ocarina of Time - Water Temple because I'm kind of a masochist.
  • Majora's Mask - Stone Tower Temple because (again) I'm a masochist for brutal dungeons, and I loved the mystery of the dungeons, the boss Twinmold, and the upside-down shit that went on there.
  • Wind Waker - Forbidden Forest, but mostly because I was never particularly impressed by that game's dungeons. I just liked the atmosphere of the Forbidden Forest.
  • Twilight Princess - Arbitor's Grounds because it was creepy and foreboding.
  • Skyward Sword - Pirate Shit or whatever it was called. I just really liked that dungeon for some reason.
#3 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

Shadow Temple/ Bottom of the well from OoT, Stone Tower from MM and Arbiter's Ground from TP. all of them are ridiculously creepy, especially for a series known for being family friendly. Plus they are all well designed, too.

#4 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10853 posts) -

Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time! The music is beautiful and when combined with exploring the dungeon it just makes everything so creepy and eerie. Plus the boss of the Forest Temple influenced the painting mechanic in A Link Between Worlds, which I love.

#5 Posted by Sepewrath (28676 posts) -

Cant pick a favorite, but a few stand outs are Lanayru Mining Facility, Sandship, Ancient Cistern, Goron Mines, Snowpeak Ruins, Stone Tower, Forest Temple, Spirit Temple, Thieves Hideout

#6 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -

Definitely the Sky Keep. What a brilliant dungeon.

Ancient Cistern comes a very close second.

#7 Posted by FFCYAN (4923 posts) -
#8 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9515 posts) -

Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time! The music is beautiful and when combined with exploring the dungeon it just makes everything so creepy and eerie. Plus the boss of the Forest Temple influenced the painting mechanic in A Link Between Worlds, which I love.

I thought about the Forest Temple too. Always loved the music of that dungeon.

#9 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

The music in that dungeon sounds a bit like it belongs in Silent Hill. Creepy as hell and definitely not conventional for levels of that type.

#10 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23152 posts) -

I always looked forward to it every time I replayed TP.

#11 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

I always looked forward to it every time I replayed TP.

Not only is it atmospheric but it has one of the coolest/ most badass mini bosses in the series. Right up there with Dark Link and Gomess.

#12 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23152 posts) -

Both Death Sword and Stallord are my favorite baddies in any Zelda game.

#13 Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

But it's just a mash-up of all previous six dungeons combined? What the heck?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Legend of Zelda: Death Mountain

Adventure of Link: *that last temple with dark link*

Link's Awakening: Eagle's Tower

A Link To The Past: Hyrule Castle

Ocarina of Time: Shadow Temple

Majora's Mask: Stone Tower Temple

Oracle of Ages/Seasons: *that sword and shield shaped dungeon*

Wind Waker: Earth Temple

Minish Cap: *that sky temple with the cape*

Twilight Princess: City In The Sky

Phantom Hour-Glass: Ocean King Temple

Skyward Sword: Ancient Cistern

#14 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -

@gordanchoong: And? It was a brilliant concept and the design was new to the series. The entire dungeon was a giant puzzle!

#15 Posted by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -

Stone Tower Temple.

#16 Edited by tocool340 (20467 posts) -

Favorite of the entire season? Can't say. I love all the dungeon in OoT after Link travels to the future.

In Majora Mask, I loved the stone tower temple and infiltrating that thieves fortress trying to recover those Zora eggs.

I have to replay Wind Waker, but I know it has some noteworthy dungeons.

The only temples I like in TP were the second half of Arbiter Grounds, the Mansion in the mountains, Temple of Time, and Twilight Realm...

I can't think of a certain temple in Skyward Sword that I enjoyed playing through entirely. They all started off great, but they seemed to drag on too long. I'll have to give it a second play through in order to get the feel of all the dungeons in that game again...

I'll have to play PH and ST again to know what dungeons I like in those games...

And Turtle Rock, along with a few other dungeons I completely forgot the name of in Link to the Past are also my favorite...

#17 Edited by bruno_fmenedes (542 posts) -

My 5 favorite Zelda dungeons are:

Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time
Water Temple in Ocarina of Time
Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time
Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time
and Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask

#18 Posted by juboner (364 posts) -

Links awakening: the one where you have to throw big ball at pillars

Twilight Princess: water temple, really makes u think.

#19 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1306 posts) -

Shadow Temple in Ocarina Of Time. I love spooky stuff lol.

#20 Posted by trugs26 (5222 posts) -

I agree with Sky Keep. While I think Skyward Sword was the worst Zelda game out of the 3D Zelda's, I do think it has some of the best dungeons in the entire franchise.

#21 Posted by The_Mancunian (20 posts) -

sky keep for sure :D

#22 Posted by juboner (364 posts) -

I didnt like the look of sky temple and getting those blades to start rotating again to get across with hookshot to other section really stumped me.

#23 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2560 posts) -

@juboner said:

I didnt like the look of sky temple and getting those blades to start rotating again to get across with hookshot to other section really stumped me.

The sky temple felt very Star Wars to me. I didn't particularly care for it either. As for my favorite, that's tough. Forbidden Woods was great in Wind Waker. I was a big fan of Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword. As for my favorite, I'd have to say Forest Temple.

#24 Posted by juboner (364 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: I still have not played OoT or MM since they first released on N64 so kinda limited due to my memory. None of the dungeons in SS felt that memorable to me, I can recall certain areas an scenes in the game but no dungeon stood out in my memory. The art style in SS is not so good for a Zelda game imo, looking back on it TLP stands out in my memory a lot better and I think its due to the darker tone.