-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

In the U.S., he is Bowser, King Of The Koopas, King Koopa, King Bowser Koopa or just Koopa. I know in Japan the name Bowser doesn't even exist. He is just Kuppa The Demon King... I think.

I don't ever remember reading or hearing him being called King Koopa outside of the live action movie and I know I have never heard the full name King Bowser Koopa before. Ever. So what is Bowser' true name? Does Bowser even have a canonical full name? Does anybody in the Mario universe have a full name?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

"Bowser's name has its roots in Korean cuisine: gukbap are Korean soup dishes that include rice ("guk" in Korean is translated as "soup with rice"). The Japanese word forgukbap is kuppa (pronounced like "Koopa").Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto used this word as inspiration when naming the character Bowser Koopa. Miyamoto revealed in an interview with Famitsu magazine that he considered naming all of Mario's enemies after Korean dishes in this fashion."

Well I found this, but it still doesn't really explain the name 'Bowser', just Koopa. I'm still not even fairly certain if he always had the full name Bowser Koopa. I just don't remember anyone calling him Bowser until like... A good 10 years or more after SMB.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

in Japan,he[Bowser] is referred as 大魔王クッパ, Daimaō Kuppa or "Great Demon King Koopa." I don't know about the US version.I'll look deep into it.........to no luck nothing,just that,King Bowser Koopa. funny how a name like that can hoard a huge amount of gold(sorry M/Wario) I also look at Toad's,to no luck again,nope...just your average in-bred fella. I tried Peach's which is..Princess Peach Toadstool,nearly everyone I know in that series doesn't have a really long name,I'll just keep on looking on it,for the last time I tried the others such as,Captain Toad is Captain Toad,Birdo Is Birdo,Kamek is Kamek,Yoshi is Yoshi.

so overall....no from my research.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

"Bowser's name has its roots in Korean cuisine: gukbap are Korean soup dishes that include rice ("guk" in Korean is translated as "soup with rice"). The Japanese word forgukbap is kuppa (pronounced like "Koopa").Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto used this word as inspiration when naming the character Bowser Koopa. Miyamoto revealed in an interview with Famitsu magazine that he considered naming all of Mario's enemies after Korean dishes in this fashion."

I would easily laugh if an enemy was named after Kimchi,bulgogi,gaegogi,bibimbap or Sannakji

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I think in the instruction manual for the original Super Mario Bros he was Bowser- King of the Koopas. That's all from memory though so I could be mistaken. When I was a kid we all would refer to him as Koopa because that's what they called him in the cartoons. I don't remember when I started just going with Bowser but that's what I refer to him as now.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Bowser is the Turtle King of all of the Koopas, The turtle army that battles Mario and his allies.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

King Koopa is his official name.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Lol at Kuppa, means syphilis here in Finland :D

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Could be when Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) was release..Bowser had his team you had to defeat to get to him...all had different names if I remember correctly (I could be wrong). I remember during Super Mario Bros, I only refer to him as King Koopa.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Its a good question, maybe his name has to do with him wanting everyone to Bow to him for he is Boss, im not sure. I like his name Bowser though.