What Nintendo console do you own?

Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) 5 months, 21 days ago

Poll: What Nintendo console do you own? (32 votes)

Nintendo Entertainment System 31%
Super Nintendo Entertainment System 38%
Nintendo 64 56%
Nintendo Game-Cube 69%
Nintendo Wii 81%
Nintendo Wii U 59%
Nintendo Famicom System 3%
Super Famicom System 6%
Nintendo Virtual-Boy 3%
Nintendo 64 Disk-Drive 0%
Game-Boy Player 16%
Nintendo Wii Mini 0%
Nintendo PONG Home Console 0%
Other 16%

I would like to know which console you own that is made by Nintendo. This is for observation and educational purposes only. No spamming or trolling is intended. This poll does not include accessories, upgrades (i.e., Nintendo Wii Family Edition), arcade machines, portable gaming systems, and PC.

#1 Edited by Napajeni (23 posts) -

GordanChoong said:

No spamming or trolling is intended.

Heh, coming from the same guy who claimed he was leaving for good, among other lies....I wonder how you'd use a consensus like this for "educational purposes" as well....

Anyway, I merely own a Disney 2DS and a Zelda 3DS XL (after it gets repaired from being "new" out of the box). Why the prejudice against Nintendo hand-helds?

I don't plan on making the mistake to get a Wii U; I may get a Wii instead one day down the line, or even a Game Cube. They are a lot more profitable and rewarding, even if they aren't supported anymore.

#2 Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

@Napajeni said:

GordanChoong said:

No spamming or trolling is intended.

Heh, coming from the same guy who claimed he was leaving for good, among other lies....I wonder how you'd use a consensus like this for "educational purposes" as well....

Anyway, I merely own a Disney 2DS and a Zelda 3DS XL (after it gets repaired from being "new" out of the box). Why the prejudice against Nintendo hand-helds?

I don't plan on making the mistake to get a Wii U; I may get a Wii instead one day down the line, or even a Game Cube. They are a lot more profitable and rewarding, even if they aren't supported anymore.

I'm just saying that cause I hear that many people abuse polls for spamming and trolling purposes so yeah! If you want me to, I'll make a hand-held counterpart though, only if at least 25 people respond and/or vote on my poll.

#3 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (799 posts) -

SNES, N64, GB, GBL, GBA, GBASP, GBMicro, DS, DSiXL, Wii, represent!

#4 Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

I said consoles, not handhelds. If more people request it though, I will make a handheld poll!

#5 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10882 posts) -

Currently a Gamecube is the only console of theirs I own, but I've had an N64 before (which I plan on buying again) and I'm buying a WiiU very soon.

#6 Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

Currently a Gamecube is the only console of theirs I own, but I've had an N64 before (which I plan on buying again) and I'm buying a WiiU very soon.

Ah, the good old days when Nintendo used to never suck!

#7 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (799 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

I said consoles, not handhelds. If more people request it though, I will make a handheld poll!

Still representing, lol.

#8 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7349 posts) -
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • GC
  • Wii
  • Wii U

I still have my Gamecube hooked up. Had to get a composite-to-HDMI adapter to make it look decent on my HDTV, but it's still there with my Wii U.

#9 Edited by starwolf474 (624 posts) -

Currently I have a Wii U and a GameCube. I keep my GameCube exclusively for Super Monkey Ball and TimeSplitters since they unfortunately never received good sequels on any other console. I sold my NES, SNES, N64, and Wii since my Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii and almost all my favorite NES, SNES, and N64 games are available on the Virtual Console; otherwise, I would have still kept all of those consoles as well.

#10 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5993 posts) -

None at the moment, but wouldn't mind a 3DS or even a Wii U in the future.

#11 Edited by Pierst179 (10774 posts) -

NES, SNES, N64, NGC, Wii and Wii U.

#12 Posted by norsecrusader (60 posts) -

nes, snes, n64, gamecube, wii

honorable mentions - nintendo playchoice 10, gba, ds lite, retron5 (nes, snes, famicom, super famicom, gba in 1!)

i know u specifically mentioned those dont count but they are just too awsome to not include.

#13 Edited by jdc6305 (3844 posts) -
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • Gamecube
  • Wii
  • WiiU
  • Gameboy Advanced
  • DS
  • 3DS

I just got my WiiU and 3DS last week. Not a lot I want to play yet on the WiiU but I figured I'd buy it in support of Nintendo. I'm really looking forward to Bayonetta 2. I played the shit out of the first one on my PS3. I'm dying to see Zelda at E3 but I really want a Metroid game more then anything. I just hope the next one is as good as Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. Metroid has always been my favorite series since the NES.

#14 Edited by 19951444555 (9 posts) -

ps3

#15 Posted by TJDMHEM (103 posts) -

3ds wii and a wii u.

#16 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@ Wii U, first Nintendo system I have owned since the SNES. Mostly for the nostalgia titles, wind waker, and the fact that Bayonetta is one of my favorite games of its generation so I need one to play the sequel. Which just goes to show Bayonetta 2 can be a system seller.

#17 Edited by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

That's it! I will now make a handheld counterpart to this poll because many people, including a moderator, have liked this thread alot! You should see it soon in the forums!

#18 Posted by yokofox33 (29544 posts) -

I have an NES, N64, Wii, and Wii U. Wish I still had a SNES. Too damn expensive on Ebay.

#19 Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

That's it! I will now make a handheld counterpart to this poll because many people, including a moderator, have liked this thread alot! You should see it soon in the forums!

I think you guys should check out my other thread!

#20 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10882 posts) -

I still have my Gamecube hooked up. Had to get a composite-to-HDMI adapter to make it look decent on my HDTV, but it's still there with my Wii U.

What one did you get? I'll have to get one soon, I don't have one and way too many lines on the screen look jagged and crooked rather than smooth.

#21 Posted by wiifan001 (18395 posts) -

N64, gamecube, wii

#22 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7349 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

What one did you get? I'll have to get one soon, I don't have one and way too many lines on the screen look jagged and crooked rather than smooth.

This one. Games like Lord of the Rings: Return of the King had these crappy vertical lines all over the place, and this cleaned it right up. Games look noticeably better. Just keep in mind that it's an upscale. Not ideal, but it works.

#23 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16729 posts) -

There's an NES and N64 somewhere in my house, and I also own a Gamecube and Wii.

#24 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

NES

SNES

N64

NGC

Wii

They all still work except for the Game Cube which sometimes freezes. I don't plan on picking up a Wii U anytime soon.

#25 Edited by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

I used to have a Gamecube, and I currently own a Wii. Still not sure if I should buy a WiiU one day....

#26 Posted by Megavideogamer (5379 posts) -

I have a Nintendo NES, A Super Nintendo, a Nintendo 64, a Nintendo Gamecube, a Nintendo Wii, and a Nintendo Wii U. All or the 6 :Nintendo's:

#27 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

I've owned every Nintendo console at some point in my life.

The only ones I still actually have though are the N64, Wii, and Wii U.