What is your favorite Nintendo game and your least favorite?

#1 Posted by PikachuDude860 (638 posts) -

It's a difficult question I know.

For me I'd say...My favorite is Kirby 64...Or Zelda: Ocarina of time. My least favorite (That I've played) is Kirby's Dream Course. Kirby is perhaps my favorite Nintendo series, but Dream Course is my least favorite Nintendo game.

What's yours? If you can't pick just one, I understand.

#2 Posted by PikachuDude860 (638 posts) -

I hear Wii Music was bad...

#3 Posted by bunchanumbers (760 posts) -

SMB 2 was my favorite. Spot on physics with 4 different characters made for 4 unique experiences. Great level design and monster designs led for a memorable experience. I mean there's been few games where the only way to get across a level is to ride a monster you'd normally dodge or kill. Great game.

My least is probably the Metroid games. I know people sing the praises but I tried many a time to get into the 2D side scroller metroids and I can't do it. I loved the Prime games though.

#4 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Favorite Nintendo game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Least Favorite Nintendo game: I was bitterly dissatisfied with Pokemon Battle Revolution.

#5 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7321 posts) -

My favorite out of them is Twilight Princess. The overworld and dungeon design were exactly what I wanted out of the series and the story was even pretty good. I like it so much that I bought it twice(GC&Wii versions). This is followed closely by the Mario Galaxy games and Super Mario World.

My least favorite is Metroid: Other M. Never before did I put the controller down and consciously decide that I wasn't going to play a Nintendo title anymore. It was incredibly frustrating for me and the game as a whole didn't seem well thought out(no health drops, regain missles by thinking, can't fire missiles and move at the same time, crap story, etc). I gave it a chance for a few weeks. In the end, I gladly traded it in to Gamestop for whatever credit they would give me.

#6 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

Mario 64 favorite, superman 64 least favorite.

#7 Posted by yokofox33 (29522 posts) -

Pikmin 2 is my favorite Nintendo title. It perfected the original Pikmin. Just a brilliant, unique game.

Worst? I don't know honestly. I like most Nintendo titles. I guess I'm not a huge fan of the Yoshi Island series, but I wouldn't consider it bad.

#8 Posted by trugs26 (5391 posts) -

Oh god. There are so many that I cannot recall a favourite or worst game. For example, Zelda is one of my favourite franchises, and it's impossible for me to pick between the games on which would be my favourite just within that franchise, let alone every Nintendo game. Same goes for worst.

#9 Posted by Chozofication (2816 posts) -

I can't pick a favorite, but paper mario would be up there so my least favorite is sticker star because it's crap.

#10 Posted by superbuuman (2756 posts) -

Favourite SMB3 (NES) ... :D

least favorite Mario Sunshine (GC)....just can't get into it. It still looks brand new. :P

#11 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8850 posts) -

Favourite: Let's see... The first Pikmin has a very special place in my heart, but Pikmin 3 is the absolute perfection of that series with higher complexity, better design, greater challenge, and much more content. Then there's Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze which is the best in my all time favourite genre.

Worst: clearly Wii Music. I can't believe I've played it...

#12 Edited by bulby_g (1091 posts) -

Favourite series would be a toss up between Pikmin, and Zelda but I can't even decide between them let alone a specific game.

Worst game would be Wii Fit or something. Not interested at all! It's not what I'd consider fun and I go to the gym to workout.

#13 Posted by Xiaor (1386 posts) -

Zelda: Ocarina of Time. But I'm playing through Wind Waker for the first time and it's charm is hard to ignore.

#14 Posted by hydralisk86 (8536 posts) -

I guess one of my favorite games is Metroid Fusion. Dunno about least favorite.

#15 Posted by wiifan001 (18393 posts) -

Ocarina of Time is the greatest game in the world.

Now I know this might get some fans raging, but I didn't like Super Mario Kart on the snes. Game makes me sick to my stomach playing and it's way too different to the other Mario Kart games for turning and spinning

#16 Edited by starwolf474 (606 posts) -

Favorite: Donkey Kong Country 2

Least favorite that I've played: Metroid Prime (it just wasn't the type of gameplay that I enjoy)

#17 Posted by Bardock47 (5272 posts) -

@bunchanumbers: Even Super Metroid? I know Metroid 1 and 2 are difficult to get into now a days (Especially Metroid 2) but Super onwards is pretty solid.

#18 Posted by bunchanumbers (760 posts) -

yup even super. I bought it and was expected to be blown away but I just ended up with more of the same feelings as the first one. I watched my friend play it and he was singing the praises but I just couldn't get into it. No matter what I've done I couldn't get into it.

#19 Posted by Kenny789 (10232 posts) -

Favourite: Hmm so hard to choose but the most memorable experiences were Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. SMG because everything about the game just felt "perfect", the gameplay, the controls, the music, etc. Twilight Princess because it was the first console Zelda game I played on the original console (yeah, I know it was originally for the Gamecube but just be cool guys :P ). I only got to experience Ocarina of Time on the Wii as a VC title.

Least favourite: It'd have to be Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It was fine at first but it got so boring as you went along.

#20 Posted by gameaddict11 (10 posts) -

Super Mario Sunshine, I thought the beach setting was perfect for Mario and my least favorite would be wii sports(my grandma loved it though)

#21 Edited by GH05T-666 (293 posts) -

Favourite Nintendo Game: Super Mario World - SNES

Least Favourite Nintendo Game: Pokemon Dash - DS