What is the Best Wii Fishing Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Romel80 (90 posts) -
The Wii is a perfect console for games like baseball, tennis, and fishing, but what is currently the Wii's best fishing game? Right now there is Rapala Fishing, Fishing Master and "Fishing" for Wii Play. Which one has the best combination of being fun to play, responsive controls and realism?
#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (37981 posts) -
Fishing Master
#3 Posted by ag1052 (5725 posts) -
I think he is right about Fishing Master but dont take that to mean it's good, its really just the lesser of several evils... I have heard awful things about "Hooked", so dont be fooled by the Fishing Shell or the Online play.
#4 Posted by twisted_Sisti (136 posts) -
bro just get zelda, the fishing in that is so much fun
#5 Posted by thebisonx (2203 posts) -
In my experience, the fishing minigame in Zelda: Twilight Princess is the best fishing game on the Wii. It's too bad all the developers that have created full fishing games for the Wii have done such a bad job. A quality fishing title would be awesome, I think.
#6 Posted by SmashBrosLegend (11344 posts) -
I'd wait for SEGA Bass Fishing if I were you. I haven't played Rapala yet, but the other two were sub-par.
#7 Posted by Romel80 (90 posts) -

I think both of you are right. Fishing Master is probably the most fun arcade fishing game on the Wii.

But what about a simulation fishing game? For Wii simulation fishing its probably between "Rapala" or "Hooked" but both of them have gotten God-Awful reviews. Any recommendations?

(I know, I could just do some real fishing, but I still want a fishing game on the Wii!)

#8 Posted by SmashBrosLegend (11344 posts) -

I think both of you are right. Fishing Master is probably the most fun arcade fishing game on the Wii.

But what about a simulation fishing game? For Wii simulation fishing its probably between "Rapala" or "Hooked" but both of them have gotten God-Awful reviews. Any recommendations?

(I know, I could just do some real fishing, but I still want a fishing game on the Wii!)

Romel80
SEGA Bass Fishing will be out in January, and it's a proven formula.
#9 Posted by Romel80 (90 posts) -
Thanks for the tip on SEGA Bass Fishing; I want a Fishing Sim for the Wii and I'd rather wait for a quality one than buy either "Rapala" or "Hooked" that have both scored an average of 60% or below. Thanks for the tip. Now I know what to do. I hope SEGA Bass Fishing for the Wii is the Fishing Sim we've been waiting for.
#10 Posted by Romel80 (90 posts) -

Let is also be known that Cabella Bass Fishing is coming for the Wii in Qtr 1 2008. Who knows if this one will be good or not. We'll have to wait and see.

#11 Posted by Romel80 (90 posts) -

Either way, the answer to my question on what Simulation Wii Fishing game to buy is ... WAIT.

Wait until Sega Bass Fishing comes out in 2008 and than compare it with the rest of the Wii Sim Fishing crowd ... (Rapala, Cabella Bass Fishing, and Hooked) ... see which gets the highest overall score amongst all video game review organizations and then buy it! After that ...

Its time to go Fishing Nintendo Wii style!

(I know I could just go do some real fishing at the local lake or pier, but I still want a good Wii Simulation Fishing game! Thanks to all for your helpful contributions on this post.)

#12 Posted by BIGBUZZ55 (1378 posts) -
why are we having to wait for a fishing game? the wiis been out for a year and this has obvoiusly been a desired thing here. it sucks we have to wait for quality wii games sometimes
#13 Posted by leevshan (1066 posts) -

I want a good wii fishing game, not just fish, but please include squid too. I love catching squid, they squirt ink in the air yeah!

#14 Posted by laughingman42 (8730 posts) -
Just buy TP and play the fishing game in that.
#15 Posted by Pai_Mel (2 posts) -
At the risk of sounding like a moron but all the above are wrong. THE best fishing game for Wii is Resident Evil 4. Using your shotgun to blow fish out of the water, and then being able to sell the fish to buy weapon upgrades can't be beat. And if you really want to up your game, there's the giant salamander in the lake you have to defeat with spears.
#16 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
My suggestion would be to get Zelda Twilight Princess.