what games from ps3/360/PC do you want ported to wiiU?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KBFloYd (13806 posts) -

i was just thinking id like marvel vs capcom 3 on wiiU...

cheating with the gamepad sounds good to me.

also... i am not renewing my xbox live gold subscription this year....so id like to play it for free on ninty network.

as for current games..

tomb raider and GTA 5 sound good.

dues ex directors cut was a welcome addition.

#2 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 & 2. It doesn't make sense that they only released the finale.

#3 Posted by BombingSystems (122 posts) -

red dead redemption!

#4 Posted by Seabas989 (10384 posts) -

Idk probably Bayonetta.

#5 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4135 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 & 2. It doesn't make sense that they only released the finale.

thetravman
Yeah it was really stupid to not port over the Trilogy instead of just ME3. Not a big deal to me since I've played the games but for those who haven't ME3 is a much worse game without experiencing the first 2.
#6 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

None honestly. Chances are I already bought it on PC/360/PS3.

I am ready and willing to buy any high quality exclusive for Wii U though.

#7 Posted by tocool340 (20543 posts) -
Skyrim assuming they worked out all the bugs and include all the downloadable content. Dragon Age 3 would also be something I like to see on Wii U. GTA 5 would be a great addition. Maybe in the future, bundle all 3 Bioshocks for Wii U. That's all I can really think of...
#8 Posted by Sphensen (769 posts) -

Tony Hawk hd would be cool or skyrim

#9 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Tales of Graces Tales of Xillia... or whatever Portal 1 and 2 Mass Effect Trillogy All the Bioshocks

#11 Posted by Selkc (203 posts) -

any game that I haven't played really.  ONLY if its modified to better graphics/gamepad

#12 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
Future games only.
#13 Posted by Kenny789 (10247 posts) -
Only game I'd probably repurchase for the Wii U (when I get one) would be Mass Effect Trilogy. Aside from that, I wouldn't mind Bayonetta. Also some of the recent releases that haven't made it to Wii U such as Bioshock Infinite and Devil May Cry. Guess I'll just get them on the PC which is fine.
#14 Posted by superbuuman (2893 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite cause it looks pretty. :)

#15 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

none,    i want new games 

#16 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite PLEASE!

#17 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC) That's all from me
#18 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC) That's all from menini200
That's a good one.

#19 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -

superbuuman
This should've come as the Second screen could've easily been used to switch functions instead of having to pause the game while switching. I still would've preferred the Wiimote while using the gamepad as the inventory/function change screen
#20 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

nini200

This should've come as the Second screen could've easily been used to switch functions instead of having to pause the game while switching. I still would've preferred the Wiimote while using the gamepad as the inventory/function change screen

If you think about it though, pushing start or moving your head to look down and having your eyes readjust to the Wii U tablet to see an inventory aren't really that big a difference.

#21 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4135 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="superbuuman"]

SolidTy

If you think about it though, pushing start or moving your head to look down and having your eyes readjust to the Wii U tablet to see an inventory aren't really that big a difference.

They're not that different, but with the tablet the game is still going on when you do this, which, in my opinion, is a more realistic way of doing something in-game.
#22 Posted by KBFloYd (13806 posts) -

They're not that different, but with the tablet the game is still going on when you do this, which, in my opinion, is a more realistic way of doing something in-game.Toxic-Seahorse

i'm doing that with monster hunter i like not having to pause while i am fighting a monster... i just run and while im running i switch the items on my gamepad... its cool.

#23 Posted by Zassimick (6635 posts) -

Left 4 Dead could have some interesting features utilizing the Gamepad. The user of the gamepad takes control of the Director and you can choose where to spawn zombies. 

That being said, I could go for an Orang Box+ on Wii U; original Half-Life (maybe?), Half-Life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2, Portal 1 & 2, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 1 & 2? Yeah, I'd buy that. :P  

#24 Posted by AtelierFan (1544 posts) -
Demon Souls, even more than Dark Souls. And - even though this is PC - Legend of Grimrock as a downloadable title. It would fit perfect on the gamepad/tv screen combo - attack buttons on the face, auto map, inventory and magic attacks on the gamepad screen, and nothing but the dungeon on the tv. Sigh...
#25 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

There are some games that should really be ported.

Mass Effect Trilogy- I find it odd that the Trilogy pack was released at the same time as ME3 for WiiU. They should have just focused on porting all of the games together. It's the greatest series of this gen, and it's a shame that people who stuck with Nintendo can't play through it from beginning to end. That really is the only way to play it properly.

BioShock: Infinite- I haven't played it yet, but the game looks absolutely fantastic. I'll be playing it on PC later, but I hope there's a WiiU port for it soon enough. It looks spectacular.

Dishonored- Because Dishonored is the sh*t!

The Walking Dead- Because The Walking Dead is the sh*t!

XCOM: Enemy Unknown- Because XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the sh*t! But more importantly, I think XCOM would be a fantastic port as you could dish out tactical commands from the touch screen on the gamepad. Also, because XCOM is the sh*t!

#26 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -

There are some games that should really be ported.

Mass Effect Trilogy- I find it odd that the Trilogy pack was released at the same time as ME3 for WiiU. They should have just focused on porting all of the games together. It's the greatest series of this gen, and it's a shame that people who stuck with Nintendo can't play through it from beginning to end. That really is the only way to play it properly.

BioShock: Infinite- I haven't played it yet, but the game looks absolutely fantastic. I'll be playing it on PC later, but I hope there's a WiiU port for it soon enough. It looks spectacular.

Dishonored- Because Dishonored is the sh*t!

The Walking Dead- Because The Walking Dead is the sh*t!

XCOM: Enemy Unknown- Because XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the sh*t! But more importantly, I think XCOM would be a fantastic port as you could dish out tactical commands from the touch screen on the gamepad. Also, because XCOM is the sh*t!

NeonNinja
The Walking Dead is on WiiU tho
#27 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

Demon Souls, even more than Dark Souls. And - even though this is PC - Legend of Grimrock as a downloadable title. It would fit perfect on the gamepad/tv screen combo - attack buttons on the face, auto map, inventory and magic attacks on the gamepad screen, and nothing but the dungeon on the tv. Sigh...AtelierFan

Demon's Souls is a Sony IP, it's a franchise owned by Sony. Dark Souls could come over though, that's in the free and clear.

#28 Posted by Minishdriveby (10015 posts) -

SolidTy
This. I have to say SolidTy makes the most sense whenever I see his posts.
#29 Posted by AtelierFan (1544 posts) -

[QUOTE="AtelierFan"]Demon Souls, even more than Dark Souls. And - even though this is PC - Legend of Grimrock as a downloadable title. It would fit perfect on the gamepad/tv screen combo - attack buttons on the face, auto map, inventory and magic attacks on the gamepad screen, and nothing but the dungeon on the tv. Sigh...SolidTy

Demon's Souls is a Sony IP, it's a franchise owned by Sony. Dark Souls could come over though, that's in the free and clear.

I thought that From Software made it, and it was published by Atlus in the U.S. - so how is it a Sony IP? Also, from Wikipedia: "In North America it was released on October 6, 2009 and published by Atlus while in Australia it was released on June 23, 2010 and in Europe it was released on June 25, 2010 and they were both published by Namco Bandai Games." How does Sony 'own' it? Also, since Dark Souls is the sequel and, hence, part of the ____ Souls franchise, how does Sony own only the first one?
#30 Posted by Minishdriveby (10015 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="AtelierFan"]Demon Souls, even more than Dark Souls. And - even though this is PC - Legend of Grimrock as a downloadable title. It would fit perfect on the gamepad/tv screen combo - attack buttons on the face, auto map, inventory and magic attacks on the gamepad screen, and nothing but the dungeon on the tv. Sigh...AtelierFan

I thought that From Software made it, and it was published by Atlus in the U.S. - so how is it a Sony IP? Also, from Wikipedia: "In North America it was released on October 6, 2009 and published by Atlus while in Australia it was released on June 23, 2010 and in Europe it was released on June 25, 2010 and they were both published by Namco Bandai Games." How does Sony 'own' it? Also, since Dark Souls is the sequel and, hence, part of the ____ Souls franchise, how does Sony own only the first one?

The Developers were From Software but Sony SCE helped and Sony published it in Japan. They own the IP rights to Demon's Souls. The reason why Dark Souls is called Dark Souls is they needed to change the name to avoid legal actions. Namco owns the rights to the Dark Souls name. Also Dark Souls not a sequel to demon's souls. 

Just because someone else published the game in America doesn't mean Sony doesn't own the name. It just means Sony didn't want to make the effort to publish it here.

#31 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="AtelierFan"]Demon Souls, even more than Dark Souls. And - even though this is PC - Legend of Grimrock as a downloadable title. It would fit perfect on the gamepad/tv screen combo - attack buttons on the face, auto map, inventory and magic attacks on the gamepad screen, and nothing but the dungeon on the tv. Sigh...AtelierFan

I explained that a few times back in 2009-2010, so I dug that up for you because it's kind of confusing when the issue is brought up. LINK.

Here is another link from ComputerVideoGames where Sony admitted they goofed on passing on publishing outside of Japan where Sony did Publish. Sony didn't see Demon's Souls as a title they felt would sell well to western markets, so Atlus approached Sony like they have in the past with many companies willing to take the risk in NA. It did well, and Namco got in on the action. As  Special note, Wikipedia is not a reliable information site because it's user edited, I appreciate it as a good starting point, but I don't rely on it. Right now, I could edit any of those pages if I needed too, and many times trolls often do. Sometimes it gets discovered and fixed, other times, not so much. I almost never cite wikipedia in forums due to the many problems I've discovered on a wide range of subjects. For that same reason, Wikipedia is also not allowed in college papers to be used as a reference.

Dark Souls is entirely developed by From Software and isn't a sequel to Demon's Souls. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, but developed entirely by From Software whereas Demon's Souls was developed by Sony and From Software. I don't want to get long-winded, so check out the two links. :P

I imagine a Dark Souls game could be quite fun on the Wii U with the Tablet in play. :P

#32 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Minishdriveby

This. I have to say SolidTy makes the most sense whenever I see his posts.

Thank You, that was very kind of you. :P

#33 Posted by AtelierFan (1544 posts) -

[QUOTE="AtelierFan"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

I explained that a few times back in 2009-2010, so I dug that up for you because it's kind of confusing when the issue is brought up. LINK.

Here is another link from ComputerVideoGames where Sony admitted they goofed on passing on publishing outside of Japan where Sony did Publish. Sony didn't see Demon's Souls as a title they felt would sell well to western markets, so Atlus approached Sony like they have in the past with many companies willing to take the risk in NA. It did well, and Namco got in on the action. As  Special note, Wikipedia is not a reliable information site because it's user edited, I appreciate it as a good starting point, but I don't rely on it. Right now, I could edit any of those pages if I needed too, and many times trolls often do. Sometimes it gets discovered and fixed, other times, not so much. I almost never cite wikipedia in forums due to the many problems I've discovered on a wide range of subjects. For that same reason, Wikipedia is also not allowed in college papers to be used as a reference.

Dark Souls is entirely developed by From Software and isn't a sequel to Demon's Souls. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, but developed entirely by From Software whereas Demon's Souls was developed by Sony and From Software. I don't want to get long-winded, so check out the two links. :P

I imagine a Dark Souls game could be quite fun on the Wii U with the Tablet in play. :P

Someone has been doing their homework, and thanks for the info!
#34 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="AtelierFan"] I thought that From Software made it, and it was published by Atlus in the U.S. - so how is it a Sony IP? Also, from Wikipedia: "In North America it was released on October 6, 2009 and published by Atlus while in Australia it was released on June 23, 2010 and in Europe it was released on June 25, 2010 and they were both published by Namco Bandai Games." How does Sony 'own' it? Also, since Dark Souls is the sequel and, hence, part of the ____ Souls franchise, how does Sony own only the first one?AtelierFan

Someone has been doing their homework, and thanks for the info!

I do like to get 90% on my papers, so yes, I do my homework! :P

You are welcome for the 411. :D

#35 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
All of the SUDA 51 games we didn't get: Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead.
#36 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite.

#37 Posted by final_lap (327 posts) -

Sonic Unleashed PS360 and Sonic Generations PS360

But Unleashed should remove the sun/moon medal system and have all hubs/gates/towns removed.

Oh, while I'm at it, Sonic 4 Episode II should be ported, and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) so long as the loading times are drastically reduced. Other fixes would also be welcome.

#38 Posted by towny_ (115 posts) -

The Half Lifes, Walking Dead (the good ones) and Red Dead Redemption

#39 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -
none. if i wanted a game already on pc, i would get it for that instead.
#40 Posted by scoots9 (3203 posts) -

MGSV. As of now it's not announced for any systems I have.