What do you think about Camp Miiverse?

#1 Posted by PikachuDude860 (562 posts) -

Tomorrow and Sunday. (9AM to 9PM) Nintendo is holding some Mario Kart 8 Tournements.

I haven't done much in it, but it's great to see Nintendo setting up challenges for all of us to play.

That being said, I know that I'll get squashed in Mario Kart 8.

#2 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4702 posts) -

What is Camp Miiverse?

#3 Posted by PikachuDude860 (562 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034: I had a feeling most of you guy on here didn't know what it was, which is why I made this thread.

Basically, it's another Miiverse community where admins like Tom and Amy post special messages pretty often. They set up challenges that everyone can play. (As long as they have the right game) Today and Tomorrow (August 9th and 10th) they're hosting another Mario Kart 8 Tournament. So I hear, you can join either Team Mario or Team Zelda. The team who wins 2 out of 3 tournaments wins the challenge...Or something like that.

In a way, it's just Nintendo playing with the fans. Some of the admins were setting scores themselves for all of us to beat.

Games include; Mario Kart 8, Wii Sports Club, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and a few others.

I have not participated in any of the challenges yet, but I'm probably going to enter the Mario Kart 8 Tournement when I have time. (And get stomped.)

#4 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7200 posts) -

I heard about it on SW, but never looked into it much. I like the idea of company created events and challenges. They need an achievement/accomplishment system for winners/participants. I won't be participating in any of it, as I don't get to game until late most days.

#5 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4702 posts) -

@pikachudude860: That does sound pretty fun. I may try the MK8 tournament tomorrow!