what do you need the sd card for on the 3ds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BourneEnemy01 (705 posts) -

do you need it to save games or is it just to upload music,pictures etc

#2 Posted by Zanoh (6942 posts) -

Both

#3 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Virtual console maybe? Just a thought.
#4 Posted by WllDan7 (2544 posts) -

Game saves, street pass features, music, dlc, game downloads, and probably more things will need it when the update comes out in may.

#5 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Game saves, street pass features, music, dlc, game downloads, and probably more things will need it when the update comes out in may.

WllDan7
You won't need the SD card for street pass. :S
#6 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Game saves, applications downloaded from eshop, music, pics, videos, maybe other things... Though the 3DS also has internal memory doesnt it? I imagine that is where the street pass and spot pass data go to.

#7 Posted by WllDan7 (2544 posts) -
[QUOTE="WllDan7"]

Rod90
You won't need the SD card for street pass. :S

I am pretty sure they said that games that use street pass, saves data on the sd card.
#8 Posted by SRTtoZ (4800 posts) -

Well the system comes with 2gb internal and 2gb card right? Or am I misinformed?

game saves wont take up anything...very little if that. Its more for downloadable games and music etc...

#9 Posted by Babugee (8388 posts) -

Does anyone know the max capacity the 3DS can handle?

Would be nice to put 30gigs of music and 2 gigs of "other"

And yes yes I know you don't get a full 32gigs on a 32GB card but you know what I mean.

#10 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Well the system comes with 2gb internal and 2gb card right? Or am I misinformed?

game saves wont take up anything...very little if that. Its more for downloadable games and music etc...

SRTtoZ

I don't know about the system internal memory, but yeah, it includes a 2GB SD card.

#11 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Does anyone know the max capacity the 3DS can handle?

Would be nice to put 30gigs of music and 2 gigs of "other"

And yes yes I know you don't get a full 32gigs on a 32GB card but you know what I mean.

Babugee
The max tested size is 32 GB of a SDHC card.
#12 Posted by dolly2012 (1 posts) -
the sd card is used to save games and add your favourit music and so on...
#13 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

The 3DS XL comes with 4 gb memory card, great for saving music and photo's and downloadable games.

#14 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Talk about a flash back, back before we even had the eshop:P

Anywho, please dont bump old topics.

#15 Posted by HotelShy (27 posts) -

Music, photos and games. The 3ds speaker is kinda weak so its not good for using just as a music player though xD

#16 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

To save downloadable games.