What are some top DSiWare games to get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sinsalaca (1070 posts) -

So since this isn't covered in the recommendation thread I thought I would try and ask in a seperate post.

I never had a DSi so I could never get any DSiWare games. Now that I have a 3DS that has changed. Unfortunately I don't know what some of the good ones to get are. Am short on money right now so I don't want to just waste money on something that I think might look good. What are some recommendations for god DSiWare purchases?

#2 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6032 posts) -
Shantae: risky revenge is touted as one of the best dsiware games- never played it myself. There's another one, though- I can never remember the name of it- it was a shameless ripoff of the Castlevania series, but by all accounts it was a pretty good one.
#3 Posted by JamTKD (156 posts) -
CaveStory. A remake is coming out in August with much better graphics, but you could buy the 8bit in the eShop for $10 instead of $40. DO NOT BUY WARIO WARE. I bought it on my DSi and the 5 times I was able to play it (The room is too dark! The room is too light! Remove your glasses! (i'm not wearing glasses)) It repeats the same 10 minigames (literally) and you often have to struggle while playing in order to be recognized.
#4 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6032 posts) -
Speaking of 8-bit: Dark Void Zero(a prequel to the console title Dark Void) got pretty good reviews- I think it was a Blackthorne/Abe's Oddyssey-style platformer/puzzler.
#5 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Shantae: risky revenge is touted as one of the best dsiware games- never played it myself. There's another one, though- I can never remember the name of it- it was a shameless ripoff of the Castlevania series, but by all accounts it was a pretty good one.El_Zo1212o

Soul of Darkness. I don't recommend it. It had some good ideas, but it was ironically souless. ;)

#6 Posted by Superzone (3713 posts) -
Shantae: Risky's Revenge. It's like a mix of Castelvania and Metroid. It's great.
#7 Posted by sinsalaca (1070 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Shantae: risky revenge is touted as one of the best dsiware games- never played it myself. There's another one, though- I can never remember the name of it- it was a shameless ripoff of the Castlevania series, but by all accounts it was a pretty good one.Pixel-Perfect

Soul of Darkness. I don't recommend it. It had some good ideas, but it was ironically souless. ;)

Actually tried this one. I thought it was okay.

#8 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Here's what IGN seems to think is worth buying if you're interested.

#9 Posted by sinsalaca (1070 posts) -

Here's what IGN seems to think is worth buying if you're interested.

Pixel-Perfect

Did see that list the other day. Was just looking for some other perspectives from people who have DSiWare games.

#10 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

I've always used this site when it comes to downloadable Nintendo titles. The website started out exclusively covering the VC and Wiiware, but it covers everything Nintendo now, and I'd say they're pretty trustworthy with their reviews despite not being well known.

#11 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6032 posts) -

I've always used this site when it comes to downloadable Nintendo titles. The website started out exclusively covering the VC and Wiiware, but it covers everything Nintendo now, and I'd say they're pretty trustworthy with their reviews despite not being well known.

nintendofreak_2
I always found them to be pretty handy myself- came across them the first time when I got free credit on the DSi shop and wanted suggestions on what to get. On a side note, I've been hearing a lot about this cave story thing, can somebody give me a quick rundown on why it's such a big deal?