Ways the NEXT ZELDA needs to EVOLVE if it wants to be a hit! Long read!

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sk8ter33157
Member since 2003 • 3606 Posts

As I have noticed there was a big jump from A Link to the Past to Ocarina. It is time for the series to make a similar evolution. Miyamoto even stated the next Zelda will be very different. I agree, it should be. When Twilight Princess was released many were left disappointed (I loved it however, but I can see their points against the game.) The main issue was that it followed the zelda formula of: collect three items (usually red, blue, and green), big story twist and the ability to transform freely (kid to adult, human to wolf, light to dark world), collect more items and then Ganon battle. The gameplay needs to take a step towards Fable/Oblivion. Heres what I think should be done:

1) New visual style- Okay, fans wanted Realisitic. They got it. Lets move on. In Twilight Princess the graphics were 1) To muddy (greasy, blurry) 2) To dark. For the next Zelda I don't think they should go for Ultra Realism. I think that a style more like the Spaceworld demo would suit the Wii. Less detail but a smoother, crisper look. Also, in Ocarina the world was always bright and vibrant. In TP everything always looked like it was Late Afternoon- nothing was really bright, especially the sky.

2) Explore the story/backstory more- There is so much backstory in Zelda that is ripe to be used. In the game there should be a larger emphasis on story. Story should progress in between dungeons (as opposed to after every group of dungeons). Flesh out the different races of Hyrule: the Gerudo, the Sheikah and how they died out as a result of greed for the triforce.

3) Choose a different setting/Theme- Do something different witht he game. Instead of setting it in "dark times where a evil king obtains the triforce..." how about the game take place during: The Civil Wars for the triforce, or have the game lead up to The Flood (from Wind Waker). I really would like to play during the Civil Wars.

4) Connect the Zelda games- Again, the Flood would be a great way to do this. At least make hints to the connection of the games. I will probably mention the flood a few more times during this post....I really like that concept.

5) Involve Zelda more- She is so underused these days. I liek what they did with Tetra and Sheik. Zelda played an active role. In Twilight's early screens we saw Zelda with a sword so everybody loved th efact that she may fight....in reality it was only a 3 minute boss fight. And in Ocarina, you make a conspiracy with Zelda to reach the triforce first. That was pretty cool

6) Secret Items/More compelling sidequests/Secret dungeons or temple- Instead of doing a lenghty sidequest only to receive a rupee, how about receiving a Goron Flame Hammer? The item would not be required to progress in the game but special items liek this (like in oblivion or fable) would be more of a reason to explore the game world. Also, there should be secret/hidden/optional dungeons and temples scattered around the land. they could contain story info, weapons, or armor. A good exampel fo the optional items would be Ice Arrows in Ocarina

7) Deeper Combat/Customization- There should be a huge pool of combat moves and combos. Experience points could be used to "buy" moves. Link should also be able to outfitted with various armor or weapons that can be bought or found.

8) Do something different with the dungeons- The Sky Temple was awesome because it was fresh and new. Mix up the dungeons. Maybe a crazy Dream Dungeon, or a dungeon on top of a Giant. Or what about the Temple of The Gods?

9) Open up the game world- TP's world only looked open. There were tons of places to see but not many to go. They were all blocked off. Make those areas accesible. Vary the landscape...caverns, oceans, mountains, forests, cave.

10) Bring back magic and magic arrows- I just really liked them.

11) End the game with a bang- Maybe a Flood? That would be the best Zelda ending ever.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

Zelda doesn't need help from someone who thinks LttP sucks.

andyrulesliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 andyrulesliver
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts

the_leet_kid
LOL
radnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 radnasty
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
Man, you really think you know your stuff, don't you? Do you honestly think that a Zelda game would come out and not be a hit? Sure, some ideas of yours are interesting, but by no means is the series in trouble of not selling.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sk8ter33157
Man, you really think you know your stuff, don't you? Do you honestly think that a Zelda game would come out and not be a hit? Sure, some ideas of yours are interesting, but by no means is the series in trouble of not selling.radnasty
Oh I know it isn't. The problem is that the lates game wasnt LOVED by all like Ocarina was. It was just liked. Zeldas should be loved and not liked. Even Miyamoto says it needs to change.
radnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 radnasty
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

[QUOTE="radnasty"]Man, you really think you know your stuff, don't you? Do you honestly think that a Zelda game would come out and not be a hit? Sure, some ideas of yours are interesting, but by no means is the series in trouble of not selling.sk8ter33157
Oh I know it isn't. The problem is that the lates game wasnt LOVED by all like Ocarina was. It was just liked. Zeldas should be loved and not liked. Even Miyamoto says it needs to change.

Says who? You? The reviews were great. You know what makes a game legendary? Time. In a couple of years people will talk about Twilight Princess like they talk about Ocarina and A Link To The Past.....oh, I forgot, you don't like that game.

Avatar image for Jin_the_samurai
Jin_the_samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jin_the_samurai
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts
I think the next Zelda on the Wii should be similar to WW. I admit when I first saw screenshots of WW I thought it would suck but than when I played it I loved it and it was my favorite LoZ and made the series fresh and new to me.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
didn't Miyamoto say that TP would be the last Zelda of its kind?
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

didn't Miyamoto say that TP would be the last Zelda of its kind?c0mplex

yep.

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sk8ter33157

[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="radnasty"]Man, you really think you know your stuff, don't you? Do you honestly think that a Zelda game would come out and not be a hit? Sure, some ideas of yours are interesting, but by no means is the series in trouble of not selling.radnasty

Says who? You? The reviews were great. You know what makes a game legendary? Time. In a couple of years people will talk about Twilight Princess like they talk about Ocarina and A Link To The Past.....oh, I forgot, you don't like that game.

I guess you werent here for the weeks people were complaining that it wans;t "magical" or it was "too similar. it followed the formula to much." And I think I have pretty strong supports when I say Zelda should evolve....his name is Miyamoto, He realized the game should have made steps forward and said it will be the the last of its kind. Meaning the next one WILL evolve. I am just stating ways I think it should when that evolution occurs
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
i can see 6, 8, 9,10 ALREADY being addressed, i honestly do NOT like the idea of buying combat moves, it's jst not zelda anymore, everything else is good, i would like to say however, they should make more boss fights and also make them more than just "dungeon endings", i want a boss fight that's actually IN the hyrule field (TP started it well but it was too few).
Fathern8092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fathern8092
Member since 2005 • 281 Posts
Sure alot of those ideas sound awesome, but even with all of those in place its not exactly going to be a revolutionary experience. All those things would just make for a good Zelda game using the old style... its hardly a new way of playing. 
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sk8ter33157
i can see 6, 8, 9,10 ALREADY being addressed, i honestly do NOT like the idea of buying combat moves, it's jst not zelda anymore, everything else is good, i would like to say however, they should make more boss fights and also make them more than just "dungeon endings", i want a boss fight that's actually IN the hyrule field (TP started it well but it was too few).nintendo-4life
When you say "its just no Zelda anymore." it still will be, just taken to the next level. Link could have all his classic moves but extra ones he could aquire. Like the Secret techniques in Twilight Princess
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="radnasty"]Man, you really think you know your stuff, don't you? Do you honestly think that a Zelda game would come out and not be a hit? Sure, some ideas of yours are interesting, but by no means is the series in trouble of not selling.sk8ter33157

exactly, they said P would be the end of it's kind, that's why you feel like it combined everything.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]i can see 6, 8, 9,10 ALREADY being addressed, i honestly do NOT like the idea of buying combat moves, it's jst not zelda anymore, everything else is good, i would like to say however, they should make more boss fights and also make them more than just "dungeon endings", i want a boss fight that's actually IN the hyrule field (TP started it well but it was too few).sk8ter33157
When you say "its just no Zelda anymore." it still will be, just taken to the next level. Link could have all his classic moves but extra ones he could aquire. Like the Secret techniques in Twilight Princess

That would suck

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]i can see 6, 8, 9,10 ALREADY being addressed, i honestly do NOT like the idea of buying combat moves, it's jst not zelda anymore, everything else is good, i would like to say however, they should make more boss fights and also make them more than just "dungeon endings", i want a boss fight that's actually IN the hyrule field (TP started it well but it was too few).sk8ter33157

i dunno, i just really didn't like the idea, i would like if they didn't make hearts come out randomly, and instead you MUST buy the potions, i believe that would justify the ruppees alot more than buying new skills, same goes to arrows, and bombs.
Frxzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Frxzy
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts
I like your ideas very much :D ,and to all other posters just because he dont like a link to the past dosnt mean you have to hate the idea`s he come up with.
jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts
the reason it was so dark was becaus e it was intended to be a darker game. I think that contributed to the T instead of the E.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sk8ter33157
[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]i can see 6, 8, 9,10 ALREADY being addressed, i honestly do NOT like the idea of buying combat moves, it's jst not zelda anymore, everything else is good, i would like to say however, they should make more boss fights and also make them more than just "dungeon endings", i want a boss fight that's actually IN the hyrule field (TP started it well but it was too few).nintendo-4life

i dunno, i just really didn't like the idea, i would like if they didn't make hearts come out randomly, and instead you MUST buy the potions, i believe that would justify the ruppees alot more than buying new skills, same goes to arrows, and bombs.

I see what you mean about "justifying the rupees." But what if you were in a boss fight with only three hearts left and no arrows (and the boss required arrows to kill). What would you do then? You'd be stuck without the arrows. It would make the game frustrating and not very efficent. You wouldn't be able to run over to the pots and get some arrows from them. Youd have to leave, go to a shop, backtrack all the way back.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sk8ter33157
the reason it was so dark was becaus e it was intended to be a darker game. I think that contributed to the T instead of the E.jsrock_on54
I dont mean the theme. I mean the brightness level and the lack of vibrant areas. It all looked diluted. Like the brightness was down on my tv (it wasnt.) Look at how lifelike and bright the field in Ocarina is.
jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts

yeah i agree. Make it so you buy items instead of find them, like arrows, bombs, magic meter,
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]i can see 6, 8, 9,10 ALREADY being addressed, i honestly do NOT like the idea of buying combat moves, it's jst not zelda anymore, everything else is good, i would like to say however, they should make more boss fights and also make them more than just "dungeon endings", i want a boss fight that's actually IN the hyrule field (TP started it well but it was too few).sk8ter33157

I see what you mean about "justifying the rupees." But what if you were in a boss fight with only three hearts left and no arrows (and the boss required arrows to kill). What would you do then? You'd be stuck without the arrows. It would make the game frustrating and not very efficent. You wouldn't be able to run over to the pots and get some arrows from them. Youd have to leave, go to a shop, backtrack all the way back.

yeah, or they could just leave all the hearts & arrows in the pots and actually make the bosses hard to a point where u would need the hearts
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]i can see 6, 8, 9,10 ALREADY being addressed, i honestly do NOT like the idea of buying combat moves, it's jst not zelda anymore, everything else is good, i would like to say however, they should make more boss fights and also make them more than just "dungeon endings", i want a boss fight that's actually IN the hyrule field (TP started it well but it was too few).sk8ter33157

which makes the game harder ;)
psybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 psybrid
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
As I have noticed there was a big jump from A Link to the Past to Ocarina.[...]sk8ter33157
Well one would expect a big jump from 2D to 3D. I guess for Zelda to continue evolving it's time for a 4D zelda. ;)
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
Zelda needs to change the pace of the game, rather than change the features of the game. Zelda is just wayyyy too set in their ways. its always been like this: go into a dungeon --> solve half of the dungeon's puzzles --> miniboss --> collect new weapon --> solve other half of puzzles --> mainboss (which consists of using the new weapon that you got). then in the next dungeon... the first half of the puzzles will make particular use of the weapon you got in the last dungeon. the sad thing is that virtually ALL dungeons are like this. it would not be bad if one or two dungeons follow this pattern... but having all the dungeons be the same is just shows the game's dated game mechanics.
Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

I am going to mostly agree.  I love Zelda and still own every Zelda game (for consoles...one for Gameboy).  I think Link to the Past is the best of the series and I think Twighlight Princess was one of the best in a long time.  I loved Wind Waker at the time for its vibrant colours and animation and for offering something new, but it is also the only zelda I couldn't go back to after beating it.   Twilight Princess has me hooked and absorbed.  Being a big fan of the past/future concept of LTTP, I love the day/shadow concept.  However, its not as in depth.  I miss how the worlds were similar but different and to get to certain areas or solve puzzles, you had to navigate the differences.

But the one thing that I think is holding Twilight back is precisely what you hit on.  The series has always been the same.  I'm a little tired of visiting the fire/water dungeon and talking to the rock and water people.  The reason Ocarina was such a hit was that it introduced a new world and characters.  Now we are playing the same thing over and over, at heart if not exactly the same.  And while the gameplay definitely holds up, as does the fun, the story starts to feel old.

I would like the next zelds to totally reinvent itself.  A new world, a new story, all new characters.  Hell, I would go so far as to say to change link and zeldas appearance so they are people as opposed to modified elves.  Why not make ganon a giant demon or even a robot or something different from what we keep seeing.  Even if you stick with the medievel type setting you could have a storyline like Final Fantasy 12 with a revolution led by Zelda to regain her throne.  Why not have link fighting other people instead of just monsters.

I love Zelda and think the style of gameplay could go on for a long long time.  The only thing that will cause people to lose interest is the never-changing plot.  I think Nintendo can do it if they aren't too afraid. 

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
Ok...let's get this started...
For the next Zelda I don't think they should go for Ultra Realism.

Creativity through the roof? The only look they haven't tried is the Okami one. Apart from that, Zelda has experienced many visual changes. OoT and TP were somewhat of an attempt at realism. Not ultra realism, but realism.

Less detail but a smoother, crisper look.

Details make a game much more realistic than the "ultra realism" you speak of, honestly.

Also, in Ocarina the world was always bright and vibrant. In TP everything always looked like it was Late Afternoon- nothing was really bright, especially the sky.

I, for one, would like to see a mixture of both. For example: you get out of this extremely dark area to find an extremely bright area, looking very lively and colored. Would make a nice contrast, IMO.

2) Explore the story/backstory more-

I agree with this one. Zelda has a much more complex story than most people think. TP did really well in that department. The addition of these cutscenes helped the game's story quite a lot.

3) Choose a different setting/Theme-

As said, the game has a much more complex story than most people think. I do think that, eventually, they might focus more on story than they have been. A game set during one of those periods could happen. Could make it rather interesting. I'd still like a not-so-obvious ending for games that included that, though.

4) Connect the Zelda games-

They're obviously connected, as everyone knows. Hints have been made.

5) Involve Zelda more-

More? I'd say less, actually. I like her character and all, I don't dislike her or anything, but straying away from saving Zelda makes the game so much more interesting. Majora's Mask, for example, did that and did it well.

6) Secret Items/More compelling sidequests/Secret dungeons or temple-

I agree. Items shouldn't be so limited to dungeons. Once again, Majora's Mask pulled that well. A huge amount of sidequests which actually make you feel more into the game. I concur on this point.

Experience points could be used to "buy" moves.

No, no, no...I can see some sidequests leading you to obtain more moves. But an experience system? Please don't turn Zelda into a complete RPG.

Link should also be able to outfitted with various armor or weapons that can be bought or found.

Wind Waker barely touched that matter. It was a nice addition, but it almost wasn't used. It's a concept they could and should develop, IMO.

Do something different with the dungeons-

I want weird dungeons, as well. Just to escape from the perfectly normal-looking dungeons. Careful not to go overboard with the crazyness, though.

9) Open up the game world-

They tried to do that with Wind Waker. It didn't work only because the ocean had not much to explore. It was mostly only water. IMO, the one that looked open was the original Zelda. You could go anywhere....you could take your time and not go straight to the goal.

10) Bring back magic and magic arrows-

I guess. I didn't really miss them, though, as strange as it may seem.

11) End the game with a bang-

I want a more open ending. Kinda like those endings that usually piss people off for not being obvious and making questions arise.
alia999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 alia999
Member since 2005 • 1353 Posts
nintendo have already stated that they are changing the series completely with the next outing, probably no more hero in green going to save hyrule
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#29 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I agree, for sure.  As long as they don't turn Zelda into an RPG I am fine with all of those changes, especially the art style.  TP was a bit too dark, it never felt like things were lighthearted or bright in TP.

I have a bad feeling though that when Miyamoto says the next Zelda will be very different, he means it will be something completely opposite of what fans want, like a first person Zelda or.... gasp.... a minigame Zelda. :cry:

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts

the_leet_kid
Owned lmao
playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 playwithfire17
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts

I agree, for sure. As long as they don't turn Zelda into an RPG I am fine with all of those changes, especially the art style. TP was a bit too dark, it never felt like things were lighthearted or bright in TP.

I have a bad feeling though that when Miyamoto says the next Zelda will be very different, he means it will be something completely opposite of what fans want, like a first person Zelda or.... gasp.... a minigame Zelda. :cry:

REVOLUTIONfreak
Next Christmas: Green Wii released with Zelda Sports packed in. Somehow sells 5 million more consoles :p. I agree Zelda needs to change though. More open, less structured. Every game you do the same formula, and you have no options aside from go to the next dungeon. They need to take a look at the Elder Scrolls, take a little bit from that, and the next Zelda could be amazing. TP imo was a let down.
jacob33301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 jacob33301
Member since 2007 • 766 Posts
i like most of your ideas like bringing the arrows back but i doubt they actually will because maybe they are makin new weps or arrows or something, u never know. all im sayin is dont get ur hopes up.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

I think the reason most fans were dissappointed (Yeah, I'm here) was that TP focused all its attention on dungeons and expected everyone to see a much more world, more densely populated, more open, and more alive than previous Zeldas.  But TP simply made the entire first act a single dungeon, it was too linear:

Start in Ordon Village, stay in Ordon for the next 10 hours as the game shuffles you through the story at a snail's pace.  Following this linear progression, your forced to head to kakariko as all other areas are closed to you, and are then FORCED back as a wolf and have to collect another set of tears of light while being unable to speak with the inhabitants of the town.

The Dungeons are short, half hour obstacle courses in TP, no "puzzles" to speak of.  You enter a room, look for the switch, then just look around until its clear how to get up there.  In 25 hours I never got stuck once save for the Master Sword jumping puzzle.

Bosses were fairly poor in TP.  Stallord had potential, he was fast paced and giant, but it didn't matter because he was poorly animated, unthreatening in his actions, attacked very infrequently and it wasn't exciting hitting his spine at 2 miles an hour when you've just spent all your momentum dodging his knights.  Ghoma just sucked.  And Amorok doesn't hold a candle to Volvagia, nor Twinmold, nor Moldaga, all the previous flying enemies.

In essence, when I play TP, I feel like it could have been so much more.  When I play Wind Waker, it feels right, well paced, just the right level of difficulty, and it packs more to do into one island than TP packs in its entirety.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I like #2, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Although I'm sure 8 is already happening. I liked the Minish Cap because you could get so many special weapons like the light arrows and timer bombs. Although none of these ideas are actually changing Zelda, just evolving it. TP evolved OoT, but it didn't necessarily revolutionize anything. If Zelda is going to change, there needs to be something different about it. Something like playing as Zelda from time to time. Maybe even have allies that follow you around. I don't particularly want either of those to happen but I figured I would put those out there.

Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shirley_Temple

I like #2, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Although I'm sure 8 is already happening. I liked the Minish Cap because you could get so many special weapons like the light arrows and timer bombs. Although none of these ideas are actually changing Zelda, just evolving it. TP evolved OoT, but it didn't necessarily revolutionize anything. If Zelda is going to change, there needs to be something different about it. Something like playing as Zelda from time to time. Maybe even have allies that follow you around. I don't particularly want either of those to happen but I figured I would put those out there.
 nintendofreak_2

You mean like Wind Waker? 

hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="radnasty"]Man, you really think you know your stuff, don't you? Do you honestly think that a Zelda game would come out and not be a hit? Sure, some ideas of yours are interesting, but by no means is the series in trouble of not selling.radnasty

No they won't... No one is even talking about how great it is now
kingofBowser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kingofBowser
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts

[QUOTE="c0mplex"]didn't Miyamoto say that TP would be the last Zelda of its kind?the_leet_kid

yep.

what? i dont understand, you mean they are going to change LoZ completely?

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
Someone who dislikes A Link To The Past is not worthy of makin opinions to make Zelda "better" on the next installment...- _-

Anyway idk why u people don't really like TP. I been playin zelda since the NES days and up until now I have not been dissapointed not once in the series. To me, I seen perfection in every game they released.

its funny also how so many people a couple of years ago want a more OOT forbidden thats its "too much" like OOT. Sounds kinda stupid to me coming from those people.

Some of you're ideas may seem pretty good, but some of them are missleading. For example, saying that it should go to a more oblivion/fable forbidden moves... That would make the game too RPG-ish so thats cut off the list quickly. Let the game end with a flood? This one quote puts this post down completly...

the_leet_kid

:lol::lol::lol:
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#39 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
A big thing Zelda needs is a feeling of community in the game.  That means more NPC quests, more NPCs to talk to, more towns, and you need to feel like you're saving the world and people should recognize that in the game.  Some Zelda games do this well, like in MM and TP (Although not enough).  But in others, evil is a passive threat and most people go on with their lives normally, especially in WW.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shirley_Temple
[QUOTE="radnasty"]

[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="radnasty"]Man, you really think you know your stuff, don't you? Do you honestly think that a Zelda game would come out and not be a hit? Sure, some ideas of yours are interesting, but by no means is the series in trouble of not selling.hellzhitman

No they won't... No one is even talking about how great it is now

That's true, there's lots of people dissappointed, lots satisfied, but after Ocarina came out, we were all unanimous that it rocked.

playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 playwithfire17
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
Great so now the Wii forums have it's own Legend of Zelda elitists? "You can't have an opinion because your opinion of LttP is different than mine." Wow that makes a lot of sense. Personally I loved LttP, does that have any relevancy to someone's ideas towards the future of the series? Not really. "I've been playing Zelda since the NES days. I know what it needs best." Uhh ok, but half the Zelda gamers on this forum have played every console Zelda, if not every Zelda aside from the 3D0 disasters. Once again... doesn't really mean you know what Zelda needs. And even any here did... probably wouldn't make a difference anyway.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 solidsnakeEx3

I think the reason most fans were dissappointed (Yeah, I'm here) was that TP focused all its attention on dungeons and expected everyone to see a much more world, more densely populated, more open, and more alive than previous Zeldas. But TP simply made the entire first act a single dungeon, it was too linear:

Start in Ordon Village, stay in Ordon for the next 10 hours as the game shuffles you through the story at a snail's pace. Following this linear progression, your forced to head to kakariko as all other areas are closed to you, and are then FORCED back as a wolf and have to collect another set of tears of light while being unable to speak with the inhabitants of the town.

The Dungeons are short, half hour obstacle courses in TP, no "puzzles" to speak of. You enter a room, look for the switch, then just look around until its clear how to get up there. In 25 hours I never got stuck once save for the Master Sword jumping puzzle.

Bosses were fairly poor in TP. Stallord had potential, he was fast paced and giant, but it didn't matter because he was poorly animated, unthreatening in his actions, attacked very infrequently and it wasn't exciting hitting his spine at 2 miles an hour when you've just spent all your momentum dodging his knights. Ghoma just sucked. And Amorok doesn't hold a candle to Volvagia, nor Twinmold, nor Moldaga, all the previous flying enemies.

In essence, when I play TP, I feel like it could have been so much more. When I play Wind Waker, it feels right, well paced, just the right level of difficulty, and it packs more to do into one island than TP packs in its entirety.

Shirley_Temple

I do agree with you somewhat, but I do prefer TP over WW.  Both games are ridiculously easy (WW moreso), and TP feels relatively easier because the enemies look buffer, but they don't act so tough.  While WW has more charm and several more sidequests, I liked TP's actual main quest better.  A big problem with TP though is that it gives something but leaves a lot more to be desired, while with WW I didn't expect as much.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shirley_Temple
Someone who dislikes A Link To The Past is not worthy of makin opinions to make Zelda "better" on the next installment...- _-

Anyway idk why u people don't really like TP. I been playin zelda since the NES days and up until now I have not been dissapointed not once in the series. To me, I seen perfection in every game they released.

its funny also how so many people a couple of years ago want a more OOT forbidden thats its "too much" like OOT. Sounds kinda stupid to me coming from those people.

Some of you're ideas may seem pretty good, but some of them are missleading. For example, saying that it should go to a more oblivion/fable forbidden moves... That would make the game too RPG-ish so thats cut off the list quickly. Let the game end with a flood? This one quote puts this post down completly...

[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]

WR_Platinum

forbidden

Just disregarding his opinion because he didn't like LTTP makes you as annoying as as Paris Hilton's undeserved popularity.  The things he mentioned are valid ways to improve the series, lots of people like the sidequests and adventures of Fable and Oblivion, why does this make the game too RPG-ish?  sounds like your grasping for some fault in his assertion.

Also I love LTTP to death.  Its the bomb and I'm currently trying to find every Heart piece (have 18 hearts right now), but a person's personal views have nothing to do with critiquing a game.

If you knew anything of Ocarina or TP, you'd know TP is nothing like Ocarina.  The only thing they share is a graphical

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendofreak_2
I really think that the next Zelda needs to be much more difficult. Like the Dark Nuts were should have been regular enemies, although not in large groups. ALso, there should be actual human enemies. Personally, I liked the Secret Village in TP and then it turned out there was only one person there in the whole place other than the animals. Pointless place actually. Maybe there can be a Hyrule Town and Clock Town and even Windfall (Windfall would have to be on a mountain of course though) in one game (I mean just add more towns with more significance, instead of just re-using towns). You could get a boat and sail to another continent. This would make for a massive world instead of just a field with some extra places to go to.

DarkMagik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarkMagik9
Member since 2004 • 1709 Posts
What I would be hoping for in the next Zelda game is as follows:

- Less linearity
What I'm saying is enough with having to play the game in one path.  Beat dungeon 1, than move onto dungeon 2, move on to dungeon 3 etc.

Allow the player to battle the dungeons in their own way.  Am I saying to open up EVERY dungeon?  No.  What I would suggest is allow the first 2 or 3 dungeons to be open to the player, allow them to choose whichever one they want to go through first, and allow the game to adjust the difficult for the other dungeons.  Repeat for the next 2 or 3 dungeons.

This would open up the game in so many ways and would increase the replay value of the game tremendously.

- Voice acting
Hear me out before you pick up the pitchforks.

I really think that PROPER voice acting would add a lot more depth to the storylines in Zelda.  Link doesn't necessarily need to have a voice since he doesn't have much dailogue in the first place, but I would like to have the rest of the characters have voice actors.  It would add so much more personality.

Before any of you start freaking out, I think the best solution is to offer the ability to the player to choose how they want the game to be presented.  Offer the option to turn off voice acting and subtitles.  This way, everybody would be happy.

These changes aren't earth-shattering, but I think they would really evolve the Zelda franchise while keeping it true to the franchise.

solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 solidsnakeEx3
I really think that the next Zelda needs to be much more difficult. Like the Dark Nuts were should have been regular enemies, although not in large groups. ALso, there should be actual human enemies. Personally, I liked the Secret Village in TP and then it turned out there was only one person there in the whole place other than the animals. Pointless place actually. Maybe there can be a Hyrule Town and Clock Town and even Windfall (Windfall would have to be on a mountain of course though) in one game (I mean just add more towns with more significance, instead of just re-using towns). You could get a boat and sail to another continent. This would make for a massive world instead of just a field with some extra places to go to.
nintendofreak_2

I found TP actually kind of sad.  Hyrule Castle ruined, many of the guards dead, Kakariko Village only having 3 members left, and the Shiekah and Gerudo almost eradicated. 

Oh, and it was ridiculous how the Gorons and the Zoras didn't really have dwelling places.  And it would've been neat if the Goron Mines were actually used as mines after you beat it.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nintendofreak_2
What I would be hoping for in the next Zelda game is as follows:

- Less linearity
What I'm saying is enough with having to play the game in one path. Beat dungeon 1, than move onto dungeon 2, move on to dungeon 3 etc.

Allow the player to battle the dungeons in their own way. Am I saying to open up EVERY dungeon? No. What I would suggest is allow the first 2 or 3 dungeons to be open to the player, allow them to choose whichever one they want to go through first, and allow the game to adjust the difficult for the other dungeons. Repeat for the next 2 or 3 dungeons.

This would open up the game in so many ways and would increase the replay value of the game tremendously.
DarkMagik9
Majora's Mask is touched on this a little by allowing the player to do either the 3rd or 4th dungeon next. It is possible to go 1st, 2nd, 4th, then 3rd. Also MM didn't use the Master Sword.
Avatar image for The_Last_Jedi33
The_Last_Jedi33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Last_Jedi33
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
Wouldn't it be hard to link the games together? Seeing as how there really is no timeline, Nintendo just kinda, spits out Zelda titles without really linking them. (Unless you believe in the split-timeline theory, which would make things just as difficult to link)
kiruyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 kiruyama
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
VOICE ACTING. (But keep Link quiet.)
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
[QUOTE="Shirley_Temple"][QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]Someone who dislikes A Link To The Past is not worthy of makin opinions to make Zelda "better" on the next installment...- _-

the_leet_kid

forbidden

Just disregarding his opinion because he didn't like LTTP makes you as annoying as as Paris Hilton's undeserved popularity. The things he mentioned are valid ways to improve the series, lots of people like the sidequests and adventures of Fable and Oblivion, why does this make the game too RPG-ish? sounds like your grasping for some fault in his assertion.

Also I love LTTP to death. Its the bomb and I'm currently trying to find every Heart piece (have 18 hearts right now), but a person's personal views have nothing to do with critiquing a game.

If you knew anything of Ocarina or TP, you'd know TP is nothing like Ocarina. The only thing they share is a graphical

Lol funny how u payed attention to my comment, you could of just easily ignored what I said, but instead you wanted to respond to what I said, quit clowning. There are some things though that maybe u don't understand as a fan from the Zelda series:

1) Oblivion and Fable are a whole different thing from Zelda, Zelda has its own adventures and its own side quests, it doesn't need anythin like fable nor Oblivion.

2) Now if you read this guy's post, you would notice that he said something about gaining exp. to buy moves, that is the sign of an RPG element that has never been in Zelda so clearly it makes it too RPG-ish, remember Zelda is more of an Adventure game, not an RPG, you don't level up, gain exp, etc.

3)He was cruitiquing TP .......... Read the title.

For you're last sentence, since when I said that TP is exactly like OOT? READ before u comment.