Watch Dogs Delayed To 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by wiifan001 (18425 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COdcBvvTKXk

Can you believe it?

First Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and now Watch Dogs is delayed to Spring 2014.

#2 Edited by Jaysonguy (37696 posts) -

This pretty much rules out anyone getting it on the Wii U unless they have to

There's going to be so much of a gap between the two versions it's going to be ridiculous. It's bad enough that there was already such a wide gap between the Wii U versions and the next gen versions, now they'll have another third of a year to make it run better on more powerful hardware?

#3 Edited by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

I am not awfully disappointed because I have about six other games to play until the end of the year.

Still, I was really looking forward to playing WatchDogs since it seems to be a very original game.

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (13840 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

This pretty much rules out anyone getting it on the Wii U unless they have to

There's going to be so much of a gap between the two versions it's going to be ridiculous. It's bad enough that there was already such a wide gap between the Wii U versions and the next gen versions, now they'll have another third of a year to make it run better on more powerful hardware?

meh..PC version makes x1 and ps4 look like child's toys...so who cares about graphics.

wiiU gamepad was what people wanted to use. of course the graphics being better than 360/ps3 also helped.

but yea they might of killed some wiiU sales.

#5 Posted by superbuuman (2903 posts) -

Booo!!!...sigh..hate delays.

#6 Edited by b4il (91 posts) -

i think it makes sense. they are scared that it won't sell as much as expected, because everyone who is into this game is still playing gta5/gta5 online. but it will hurt sales of the wii u version i guess.

i'm ok with it, i'm not too excited about this game and will be busy with deus ex/ghosts/sm3dw

#7 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

Now that we know Sonic Lost World is not that good, this delay - and Tropical Freeze's - is certainly more bitter.

#8 Posted by Avatar_Taxidous (4407 posts) -

I was surprised to hear about this delay. I don't mind too much because there are so many other games coming out that I want to get this fall/winter. Either way, it's smart of Ubisoft to worry most about the overall quality of Watch_Dogs rather than rush it out the door.