Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 salomonander
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

hey

this is my first post. so hello first of all. i just bought a new 3ds (none xl) and while i really enjoy it there is one thing the bugs me a lot. the viewing distance. i have to hold the console too close to my eyes for the 3d effect to work properly. it feels pretty uncomfortable to me. if i go further away i get slight doubling and a blurry image.

would the xl work better in this regard (can i hold it further away from my eyes) or is it the same or maybe even worse? does anyone have both and can give me his opinion? cheers jakob

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@salomonander said:

hey

this is my first post. so hello first of all. i just bought a new 3ds (none xl) and while i really enjoy it there is one thing the bugs me a lot. the viewing distance. i have to hold the console too close to my eyes for the 3d effect to work properly. it feels pretty uncomfortable to me. if i go further away i get slight doubling and a blurry image.

would the xl work better in this regard (can i hold it further away from my eyes) or is it the same or maybe even worse? does anyone have both and can give me his opinion? cheers jakob

i dont have the small new 3ds...i live in usa

however i do have the new xl and i have my head pretty far from the system and works great... maybe the bigger screen gives an even bigger sweet spot?

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

There's distance to the 3D sweet spot, and although the New 3DS eye-tracking can adjust the sweet spot horizontally, it can't adjust it to and fro.

That said, the XL models are designed to put the sweet spot farther from the screen. The regular size ones have a recommended viewing distance of 10-14 inches (25-35 cm), while the XL models have a recommended viewing distance of 12-16 inches (30-40 cm). So, yes, a New XL will probably feel better to you. Personally, I have the XL here in the States and wish the sweet spot were closer.

SOURCE: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/240/~/making-the-most-of-the-nintendo-3ds-experience

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I own the 3DS, 3DS XL and New 3DS XL.

For me personally, viewing the eShop logo with the default background, with the slider right up
3DS:
min = 20cm
max = 58cm
sweet spot = 35cm

3DS XL:
min = 24cm
max = 52cm
sweet spot = 37cm

New 3DS XL was the same as the regular 3DS XL.

This was me very roughly measuring lol.

To be honest, it's not that much different in terms of quality and distance.