Using older DSI Action Replay with N3DSXL possible?

TrueSith66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrueSith66
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts

Hello,

I'll try to explain this as best as I can. Well I am looking for a way to back up my DS saves, like Pokemon Platinum, Soul Silver, Black and Black 2. Action Replay Power Saves only work for 3DS games. NDS Backup Plus needs to be digitally signed, as it's currently incompatible with 64 bit versions of Windows 7 and 8, which I have. My only option is to find an Action Replay DSI v1.2, which has the micro sd card slot and gives you the option to save to the micro sd card on the software. Newer versions are missing that slot and are missing that option on the software. So it is critical that I get one that has the micro sd slot. As I said this belongs to the older v1.2 model, which I think came out in like 2009. I have read amazon reviews for this model, older amazon reviews (circa 2010) say it has the micro sd slot while never reviews (circa 2012) say it doesn't, so I can only assume that they are being phased out. So now I'm looking on eBay to see if I can find an older model, either new or used. The only one I could find that has a micro sd slot and is currently on eBay is a v1.0, which I've never even heard of. I guess that is the first ever DSI AR model, but it doesn't even come up on a google search.

My question is, I know the newer DSI models are 3DS compatible, but is there a way to get the older model (which according to the manual is "For Nintendo DS/DS Lite/DSI") working with a N3DSXL? The older models apparently cannot connect to the internet to download new codes, which I don't care about because I only wish to use it as a backup, but I don't know if that means I can't update its firmware either. If I cannot use this model with my N3DSXL, then I am sol because I do not own a DS/DS Lite/DSI.

And in case you're wondering, Datel got rid of the micro sd slot and the option to back up your saves on newer versions of the AR DSI (like the ones that are 3DS compatible). Apparently they didn't even remove that line off the packaging. Yes it's completely ridiculous. Why they even removed it in the fist place is beyond me.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

# I have the Action Replay that you seek. It comes with the MicroSD card slot and a USB cable to download update and the PC software disc. DS0001.14 These are only $20.00 and you may find them on Ebay. This should work with New 3DS XL but do not update your firmware for the N3DSXL before you use this.

Good luck

TrueSith66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TrueSith66
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

# I have the Action Replay that you seek. It comes with the MicroSD card slot and a USB cable to download update and the PC software disc. DS0001.14 These are only $20.00 and you may find them on Ebay. This should work with New 3DS XL but do not update your firmware for the N3DSXL before you use this.

Good luck

I found one on eBay for $12, hopefully it fits into the cartridge slot on my N3DSXL and is compatible (will boot from it). If you mean do not update my N3DSXL via software update, unfortunately I did that when I first got my console :(

Thank you though!