usb connecter not working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HappySunnGuy (1265 posts) -
my firend brought his usb connecter to my house, and we installed it, but it wont work. we keep testing our connection, and itll say it works, then wont. how do i fix this problem? i granted permission, and it says my consol name on the little list thing.
#2 Posted by Arnalion (3316 posts) -
What usb connector?
#3 Posted by HappySunnGuy (1265 posts) -
the ds one. but it works with wii, its what he uses for his internet. but it wont work here, for either wii, on either computer. it reecognizes the wi, but wont connect.
#4 Posted by HappySunnGuy (1265 posts) -
bump
#5 Posted by mattyftm (7305 posts) -
How close is it to the wii, it has a very short range.
#6 Posted by HappySunnGuy (1265 posts) -
at his house its across the entire house, and works perfectly, and were using the compueter in the next room. when we test the connection, itll say 3 bars, but as soon as the connection test is over, itll say couldnt connect to the interent, but the internet is working fine, as you can see.
#7 Posted by gooflee (652 posts) -
If you have a firewall enabled on the PC, make sure that you turn it off or give the wifi permission to connect to the internet.
#8 Posted by mattyftm (7305 posts) -
try phoning up nintendo tech support, they should be more helpful than anyone on here. (no offence to anyone on here)
#9 Posted by HappySunnGuy (1265 posts) -
good call, thanks for trying to help guys.
#10 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
I have the exact same problem
#11 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
It worked perfectly since launch up until about a week ago.
#12 Posted by HappySunnGuy (1265 posts) -
well, the websites no help, and i cant find the phone number... anyone know the number or where i can find it?
#13 Posted by ArmoredAshes (4025 posts) -
Update the drivers on your computer for the USB wi-fi thing. that fixed it for me. if not check your firewall settings

#14 Posted by mattyftm (7305 posts) -
have you tried entering the error code you get here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/index.jsp
#15 Posted by AmericanSk8land (1000 posts) -
my firend brought his usb connecter to my house, and we installed it, but it wont work. we keep testing our connection, and itll say it works, then wont. how do i fix this problem? i granted permission, and it says my consol name on the little list thing.HappySunnGuy
same thing happened to me...i dont know what to tell you. Because if I typed in the error code on www.nintendowifi.com it said that I need to change the channel of my router. And I cant really change the channel on my router because I DONT HAVE ONE! lol. So yeah, sorry, I cant help you.
#16 Posted by meimnobody (5565 posts) -

If your comp has an improper reset that can cause a problem. Delete the internet connection settings in the wii. Uninstall the wifi usb connector as the instructions dictate.

Run the latest version of the wifi usb connector software. Prior versions do not work with the wii. Follow the directions.

Go to your wii then have it search for the wifi usb connector then follow the prompts. Make sure you disable windows firewall and temp disable any other firewalls.

Once the connection is occuring the firewall will let the wii and usb connector communicate.

#17 Posted by meimnobody (5565 posts) -

If it is a wii error code you have to go to the nintendo wii support site. Nintendowifi.com is just the ubs error codes.

Also what isp are you using to connect? Certain ones will not work with the usb connector unless you do a workaround.