updated: pickahu 3ds xl confirmed for america?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by resevl4rlz (3276 posts) -

Nintendo posted a commercial for pokemon dugeon quest commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAs-tBJtbc

if you see real closely one of the friends have it look for it at 00:00-00:05 its really quick

so this maybe a confirmation coming soon

looks like its going to be announced tomorrow

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/311872840221749249/

pokemons twitter

#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (37630 posts) -

Please tell me you're *@$#*(#@ kidding

#3 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Seems likely. It'd be a pretty stupid move to show that in the commercial and not have it come out in North America.
#4 Posted by trick_man01 (11440 posts) -
Not technically confirmed by Nintendo, but it looks likely that it will come out... maybe around the time X and Y come out.
#5 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
If it did I would buy it. I haven't had a 3ds since I sold mine last year, but I would buy that day one no hesitation.
#6 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Confirmed! That was an alright commercial.

#7 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5974 posts) -
OR THIS ONE! Anyway, might consider getting an XL if this comes out. Probably won't though, $200 can be spent on other games.
#8 Posted by AshKetchum1992 (1 posts) -
I'd buy it...
#9 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

It was obvious. :)

#10 Posted by yokofox33 (29522 posts) -

I'd rather have the Charizard version, but I'd take the Pikachu version without hesitation. Only dilemma I'm facing is when it will eventually come out. I'd like to register a 3DS XL before April 30th so I can snag a free game since I'm getting Luigi's Mansion later this month.

If I don't hear anything by mid-April I'll just go with a basic XL.

#11 Posted by Epak_ (6774 posts) -

Please tell me you're *@$#*(#@ kidding

Jaysonguy

Agreed. Worthless piece of... good thing that black one is coming soon. :)

#12 Posted by FroznYogurt (85 posts) -

The official Pokemon twitter account basically confirmed this today.

Pika pika! We've got some exciting news for Pikachu fans coming up tomorrow! twitter.com/Pokemon/status

Pokémon (@Pokemon) March 13, 2013

BFP-siECcAMaIWc.png

You can see the corner of the 3DS XL on the bottom left of the peeled photo.

#13 Posted by yokofox33 (29522 posts) -

Awesome. I really hope it comes out before April 30th so I can take advantage of the free 3DS game.

#14 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

The official Pokemon twitter account basically confirmed this today.

Pika pika! We've got some exciting news for Pikachu fans coming up tomorrow! twitter.com/Pokemon/status

Pokémon (@Pokemon) March 13, 2013

BFP-siECcAMaIWc.png

You can see the corner of the 3DS XL on the bottom left of the peeled photo.

FroznYogurt
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I came close to buying a tablet earlier today, but decided to wait and see if the pikachu 3ds was legit so I could use the money on that instead. Glad to see my patience paid off!!!!
#15 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

Awesome. I really hope it comes out before April 30th so I can take advantage of the free 3DS game.

yokofox33
Rumor is March 24th will be the release date!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyy I am sooooo happy that I held off on getting a XL. NOTHING BEATS A YELLOW PIKACHU ONE!!!!!!!!!! Not even the Charizard one beats it because of the pop that the yellow gives.
#16 Posted by FroznYogurt (85 posts) -

Rumor is March 24th will be the release date!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyy I am sooooo happy that I held off on getting a XL. NOTHING BEATS A YELLOW PIKACHU ONE!!!!!!!!!! Not even the Charizard one beats it because of the pop that the yellow gives.

That rumor is now a reality! 10 days until release!

Its official! The Pikachu Nintendo 3DS XL is coming to North America on March 24! bit.ly/13TEQab twitter.com/Pokemon/status

Pokémon (@Pokemon) March 14, 2013

BFUQmS9CcAEXpiy.png

#17 Posted by FroznYogurt (85 posts) -

The release of the Pikachu 3DS XL coincides with the release of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, which also comes out on the 24th. I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo revealed a bundle of the two.

#18 Posted by Roken91 (4 posts) -

The release of the Pikachu 3DS XL coincides with the release of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, which also comes out on the 24th. I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo revealed a bundle of the two.

FroznYogurt
Someone is paying attention. ;) Nice point to make. They brought the Pikachu 3DS XL out in the UK and it could've been marketed better through doing this, if they held out they could've done the exact same thing, oh well. The amount of trainers I'm going to see with this 3DS now though, there's going to be heaps!
#19 Posted by yokofox33 (29522 posts) -

Apparently Target will be selling the console for 160 its first week, so jump on it as soon as it comes out if you plan on buying it!!!!

#20 Posted by FroznYogurt (85 posts) -

Apparently Target will be selling the console for 160 its first week, so jump on it as soon as it comes out if you plan on buying it!!!!

yokofox33
Dayum! I jumping all over that deal!
#21 Posted by yokofox33 (29522 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

FroznYogurt

Damn straight! I'm getting to Target super early for that one haha.

In fact all 3DS XL systems will be on sale for 160 and all normal 3DS systems will be 130.

#22 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6213 posts) -

My girlfriend has it and she really likes it's design.

#23 Posted by FroznYogurt (85 posts) -

[QUOTE="FroznYogurt"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

In fact all 3DS XL systems will be on sale for 160 and all normal 3DS systems will be 130.

Here's the target ad that officializes the sale. :D

pl01muF.jpg

#24 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

yokofox33
CRAP! I plan on using paypal to buy it lol. Oh well, I am still excited as fudge to finally get a 3ds xl. Im gonna get luigi's mansion too so I can get Super Mario 3d Land!!!
#25 Posted by Heirren (16845 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="FroznYogurt"] Dayum! I jumping all over that deal!FroznYogurt

Here's the target ad that officializes the sale. :D

pl01muF.jpg

Wow, $160? I bet that sells out day 1.