This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by thedude- (2310 posts) -

More services need to placed on 3DS regarding video on demand. When this happens TVii connected to the 3DS is a big deal. Temporarily stream or even download a favorite show and bring it with you. Heck partner up with Hulu Plus, Amazon, Netflix, and Cable providers to show 3D versions of movies, shows and professional sports. It one of the few price easy avenues to watch 3D. Lets say you rent The Avengers on Amazon through your Wii U, it is on your account that you rented the movie so when you boot up Amazon Instant Video on your 3DS it lets you play the same movie but the in 3D.

More potential that I doubt Nintendo will push for, but fans would love.

#2 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4820 posts) -

I can't wait for the day we finally get 3D movies on Netflix. The app uses 3D to make its logo and movie covers pop out; it's such a tease. D:

TVii on the 3DS would be interesting, but unlikely. We can always dream.

#3 Posted by thedude- (2310 posts) -

I can't wait for the day we finally get 3D movies on Netflix. The app uses 3D to make its logo and movie covers pop out; it's such a tease. D:

TVii on the 3DS would be interesting, but unlikely. We can always dream.

ANIMEguy10034
Only unlikely because Nintendo only half capitalizes on its potential.
#4 Posted by Epak_ (6808 posts) -

I agree, they should push those video services a lot more, Nintendo video happens to be quite pathetic. I'd imagine that the XL model would be more than enough for watching 3D movies. Sooner or later there will be a homebrew video player for the system, but it still wouldn't be as handy as using Netflix for the 3D content.