Toki Tori 2 coming April 4th -10% discount on launch-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KBFloYd (13179 posts) -

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/toki_tori_2_approved_by_nintendo_4th_april_release_is_confirmed 

v7fajm.jpg

this will be my first eshop game on wiiU...

what games have you bought on the eshop and will you pick up toki tori 2?

----

pick this game up day 1 and recieve a 10% discount.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/toki_tori_2_to_launch_with_a_discount

#2 Posted by SolidTy (42450 posts) -

I played the first game (Wii, PS3, 3DS, etc), I thought it was decent but not with full price imo.

Since then, I made a rule to never pay full price for DL games ever again. I noticed many DD games I bought for full price would sit there and wait for me. By the time I actually had time for the game, it would go on sale and I would feel like a sucker. For the past few years, now I shoot for 50% discount or more on all DD games (across all machines). You see, you can't sell these DD games, trade these DD with friends, and they don't go up in value if you are a collector like me. Yet, some companies charge just as much for DD games as they do at retail (when they are at retail), even though they save on production of materials (disc, instructions, art, etc). DD games don't go up in value, and are locked to your console. I have hundreds upon hundreds of DD games across Wii, PC, XBLA, PSN, Android...I've learned waiting is the best policy since you give up a lot of consumer rights on these DD games.

I will buy this DD game on whatever platform offers me the biggest discount once it releases. Yes, it does mean I wait for a discount after launch, but that's okay. My backlog is so great, I have the time. Much like the upcoming DD remake of Duck Tales (a game I want even though I have the NES version), I just wait for a deal to pop up on Steam, Wii U, PSN, XBLA, etc.

If I can wait for a deal on Duck Tales, I can wait for a deal on Toki Tori 2.

To answer the second question, I have no E-shop games. Until Nintendo fixes the terrible one ID per console policy, I have been avoiding buying eshop Wii U games, not to mention many are mutliplatform anyways. I also don't like the storage solutions available/offered for Wii U.

I would love to buy this if it were released at Retail in a package for Wii U or any machine, because then I would have an item as a collector, and I could trade or sell it if I didn't like it.

#3 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Is this a pretty straight forward platformer? I need a new platformer for my Wii U since I have finished New Super Mario Bros. U.

#4 Posted by SolidTy (42450 posts) -

Is this a pretty straight forward platformer? I need a new platformer for my Wii U since I have finished New Super Mario Bros. U.

Euaggelistes

Here is 55 second video you can watch of the Toki Tori 2 gameplay. It's a puzzler platformer combo.

#5 Posted by KBFloYd (13179 posts) -

Euaggelistes

its more of a puzzle game i think.

#6 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
The only eShop games I'll get are Little Inferno and Nintendo Land.
#7 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

SolidTy

Here is 55 second video you can watch of the Toki Tori 2 gameplay. It's a puzzler platformer combo.

Hmmm...does not look like my kind of game.

#8 Posted by SolidTy (42450 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

Euaggelistes

Hmmm...does not look like my kind of game.

Completely Understandable.

#9 Posted by Jaysonguy (37560 posts) -

I played the game, talked to the devs

The game is *()#@$&*@# amazing

#10 Posted by KBFloYd (13179 posts) -

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/toki_tori_2_to_launch_with_a_discount