To those who played Zelda a Link Between Worlds..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

This was my first Zelda game and I think I'm pretty far into it, just acquired my 4th sage..do some of the elements of this game remind you of a ps1 game Brave Fencer Musashi?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

are you saying zelda a link between worlds and a link to past are rip offs of a playstation game?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I haven't heard of Brave Fencer Musashi so I did a bit of research. Zelda games have had RPG elements for a very long time so it's possible to make connections with RPG games, but from what I gathered, ALBW and BFM do not have that many similarities. Both have a sword wielding protagonist and you have to solve puzzles with the skills you gain to progress through the story. BFM's focus on its day-night cycle makes it more similar to Majora's Mask than ALBW, but since ALBW was your first Zelda game, no one should have expected you to know that.

That's pretty much the only thing I got from researching a bit. Would you mind telling us a bit more similarities between the two games? Anything I missed/couldn't find online? Explain your reasoning?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

As far as graphics-wise, I guess maybe a little bit.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

nah im not saying its a rip off if anything it was refreshing to play zelda because it reminded me of the ps1 classic..

the people being trapped in crystals was probably the biggest similarity between the two along with other things animeguy mentioned

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

I have played and finished Brave Fencer Musashi on the PS1 and this Zelda is nothing like it. In fact both games are worlds apart

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#7 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I actually find it funny that you played Zelda because it reminded you for a PS1 game. In many cases, it's the other way around like someone getting into another game like Okami because it reminded them of Zelda.