to all developers for Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
stop making games with crappy graphics. i (we) know what is possible. Take a look at factor 5 games, RE4, Super Mario Galaxy (and God of War on PS2 for crying out loud). i (and i hope more Wii gamers) am not going to make you earn a cheap holliday. I will not buy games that look like there was no effort put in to it. YES, i understand it's tough to make a game that is good in gameplay and graphics. But it's your profession and your name. Thank you.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts
Nintendo's games seems to look awesome. If Nintendo wants me to buy third-party games, they really need to convince the third-party developers to do something with effort put into it.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
too true!! 3rd Parties pull your bloody finger out!!!1
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

Game Development takes a lot of time and effort, if you dont believe me, try for yourself.
_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _vacant_
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts
If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

Game Development takes a lot of time and effort, if you dont believe me, try for yourself.
alpax

seriously.

just be patient with devs.  The new control scheme is what theyre concerning themselves with (as they should be)  and once they can wrap their heads around that and do it really well, theyll start saying, "hey..  how else can we improve this game..."
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie

alpax
And time and effort can't be put in Wii games? I don't know about you, but I'd rather see great games that's worth waiting for rather than third-party developers spitting out stinking ports.
v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
[QUOTE="alpax"]If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

Litchie
And time and effort can't be put in Wii games? I don't know about you, but I'd rather see great games that's worth waiting for rather than third-party developers spitting out stinking ports.

Then go buy a 360.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danneswegman

alpax
i know.. but most of us know it's no real excuse anymore.. / i'm just here to say that i won't buy half baked games. I made an exception for Red Steel. It was a launch title and they did a lot of pionering for FPS on Wii. And it's not like i want 360 graphics.. not at all, and it's not like i want realistic looking graphics. i like stylised graohics like in elebits.. But i really get the idea that they are making cash-in game so they work harder on 360 and Ps3 titles. As a wii gamer, i don't feel that we are taking seriously. And i know i'm not the only one. And let there be no mistake about it. There are some really great games on it. But for the most part i feel really offended / insulted when is play some of the games. I Know Nintendo always sets a good example and i hope they will show aother developers waht is possible real soon.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Litchie
[QUOTE="Litchie"][QUOTE="alpax"]If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

v3n0m111

Then go buy a 360.

Or, I could just stick with my Wii and buy the first-party games that I can't miss for the world.. I'm just saying that if they want me to buy third-party games, they shouldn't release PS2 ports. There were great third-party games for the GameCube, and when I see that the third-party games for the Wii looks the same / worse than GC games, I think something is wrong.
silver_986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silver_986
Member since 2006 • 750 Posts
Wii's only been out 3-4 months. Give it some time, it will take a while to get good games and good graphics. Try talking or stay in contact with nintendo company and tell them what the need to improve on.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
[QUOTE="danneswegman"]stop making games with crappy graphics. i (we) know what is possible. Take a look at factor 5 games, RE4, Super Mario Galaxy (and God of War on PS2 for crying out loud). i (and i hope more Wii gamers) am not going to make you earn a cheap holliday. I will not buy games that look like there was no effort put in to it. YES, i understand it's tough to make a game that is good in gameplay and graphics. But it's your profession and your name. Thank you.

amen
mattwhritenour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattwhritenour
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
[QUOTE="alpax"]If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

_vacant_

seriously.

just be patient with devs. The new control scheme is what theyre concerning themselves with (as they should be) and once they can wrap their heads around that and do it really well, theyll start saying, "hey.. how else can we improve this game..."

You don't know what your talking about, they are being lazy. Developers work in teams, there are people that work on the storyboard, people that work on the controls and coding, people that work on the models, people that work on the animation, ect. So the only people that need to concentrate on the control scheme are the ones that are assigned to that part within there team, and the people that are assigned to the graphics department need to kick it up a notch or 10
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danneswegman
[QUOTE="v3n0m111"][QUOTE="Litchie"][QUOTE="alpax"]If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

Litchie

Then go buy a 360.

Or, I could just stick with my Wii and buy the first-party games that I can't miss for the world.. I'm just saying that if they want me to buy third-party games, they shouldn't release PS2 ports. There were great third-party games for the GameCube, and when I see that the third-party games for the Wii looks the same / worse than GC games, I think something is wrong.

i agree. I have nothing against the Wii, fine machine and i love it. Great games, but i'm not that tempted to buy a lot of the third party games.. Dewy is a good step in the right direction.
Mesosphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mesosphere
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
[QUOTE="danneswegman"]stop making games with crappy graphics. i (we) know what is possible. Take a look at factor 5 games, RE4, Super Mario Galaxy (and God of War on PS2 for crying out loud). i (and i hope more Wii gamers) am not going to make you earn a cheap holliday. I will not buy games that look like there was no effort put in to it. YES, i understand it's tough to make a game that is good in gameplay and graphics. But it's your profession and your name. Thank you.

I'm with you on this dude, you don’t have to make the games look like Gears of War or any thing but put some time in those games. For people who are going to say “you don’t know how hard it is to make a game” trust me I do, I think later on when people can accept the Wii for what it is we will see good games with good graphics. If that takes to long you can always mail them or e-mail them. Get your friends to do the same and get there friends to do it to. If that does not work don’t buy any games that they don’t put any time in to.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Nintendo didn't want the dev's to worry about graphics, which is wrong of them. Especially considering that Gamecube launch games looked better than anything on WII.
_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _vacant_
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts

[QUOTE="_vacant_"][QUOTE="alpax"]If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

mattwhritenour

seriously.

just be patient with devs. The new control scheme is what theyre concerning themselves with (as they should be) and once they can wrap their heads around that and do it really well, theyll start saying, "hey.. how else can we improve this game..."

You don't know what your talking about, they are being lazy. Developers work in teams, there are people that work on the storyboard, people that work on the controls and coding, people that work on the models, people that work on the animation, ect. So the only people that need to concentrate on the control scheme are the ones that are assigned to that part within there team, and the people that are assigned to the graphics department need to kick it up a notch or 10

perhaps, since the wii is a low development cost console, that the teams theyre using are smaller than usual. and since the main focus of the console is gameplay. they have invested more manpower into that side as opposed to the graphics side.   Money for any given project can only total so much. so they earmark certain amounts for certain things.  so perhaps. less is being invested in the graphics side of it.

belive me, I know how devs work, I would appreciate if you wouldnt blast me as soon as I get on here, and instead listen to what I have to say.

they are not focusing on graphics, this may be part lazyness. 

it costs more money to research new control scemes, so graphics may be suffering

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
[QUOTE="_vacant_"][QUOTE="alpax"]If you were in the same shoes as the game developers, you would most likely eat your words.

mattwhritenour

seriously.

It depends how big is the team, how much time do they have to work on the project, how much budget they have for the game, and right now, their taking time to figure how to develop on the Wii. This whole console is a new thing. But take a look at the games that are coming. Prince of persia rival sword, God father, SSX Blurr, Metroide Prime, I don't know about you, but I find the graphic quite good.
hecklemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hecklemonkey
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

alpax
Actually, a large part of the purpose behind the Wii is the make is EASIER for game developers because it requires FAR LESS TIME to develop for the Wii....look at the ridiculous efforts going into games on the 360 and PS3.....don't act like it's because it's just SO HARD to develop for the Wii....Wii doesn't require 100 guys working on shader art, texture art, texture mapping, post-processing, etc....because Wii can't do those things to the degree that the other consoles can.

It's been stated over and over that it takes 25-50% of the development on on PC/PS3/360 to develop for Wii....so yes, the developers ARE just lazy and cashing in for a quick buck right now.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
graphics>gameplay i don't care, i know it's overused but it's 100% what i think also as someone said Nintendos games kick butt excite truck and Zelda have awesome graphics and red steel does, i don't know why everyone cares so much AGGGHHH! if you want graphics buy a ps3 or 360 not Wii....iwe all know it can do great graphics but jesus....just wait rather than sending messages to people who aren;t reading....or even caring...
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
  spot the difference....first screen, Call Of Duty 2, 360 launch (?) game, second screen Call Of Duty 3, game from about 3 months ago....major differences aren't there? once the developers get used to the hardware that's there you'll see a massive increase in graphics
NickActon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NickActon
Member since 2003 • 406 Posts
stop posting about wii graphics
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danneswegman
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]  spot the difference....first screen, Call Of Duty 2, 360 launch (?) game, second screen Call Of Duty 3, game from about 3 months ago....major differences aren't there? once the developers get used to the hardware that's there you'll see a massive increase in graphics

yeah.... HOWEVER: the wii has almost (upgraded) the EXACT same archtecture as the Gamecube.. there is NO steap learnig curve involved here.. They are allready used to the hardware. don't worry, i have absolute faith that games will look much better, but they allready should have looked better. . With out the Wiimote most of thesae games wouldn't stand a chance. And YES, gameplay > graphics anytime... but we must be criticall and this ahs to be saod and repeated. it's for our own sake and the sake of Nintendo (even for the developers themselves).
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danneswegman
stop posting about wii graphicsNickActon
it isn't critique on the Wii. it's critique on SOME developers.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

stop making games with crappy graphics. danneswegman

As long as people keep buying games with crappy graphics, they'll keep making them.  Instead of yelling at developers, you should be yelling at consumers.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]  spot the difference....first screen, Call Of Duty 2, 360 launch (?) game, second screen Call Of Duty 3, game from about 3 months ago....major differences aren't there? once the developers get used to the hardware that's there you'll see a massive increase in graphics

I hate to make a quote that big, but I see one HUGE difference.  The COD2 was in multiplayer mode while the COD3 Wii game was singleplayer.  That's something you can blame solely on Nintendo's shoulders, as the online kits just reached devs about three weeks ago.  This isn't just a graphics problem, its a fundamental problem about babystepping that Nintendo is forcing on devs.  Also, wake up and smell the BS, Galaxy has been in progress since 2000-2001 while every third party recieved their Wii dev kit in summer of 06.  What would you rather have, a game with rich graphics or a game at all?  Blame devs all you want, but the majority of teams have little background and are just now seriously hiring Wii-only devs on top of all the advice Nintendo freely gives them (Wheel scheme anyone?).  Thats my two pennies, so yell at me all you want, just leave the pictures out of it, else they're gonna start making the bandwidth skyrocket.
cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts
stop posting about wii graphicsNickActon
amen brother. and can we quit complaining about the graphics and the developers not putting effort into it? Its been a topic,I bet, over a hundred times. Im getting tired of it. Surprised more of these topics don't get locked, they show up so often. Just wait patiently. The problem, TC, is most 3rd party games are ports. Thats why they dont look better (but IMO, still look good). Just give it some time, geez.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 danneswegman
[QUOTE="NickActon"]stop posting about wii graphicscpaschal
amen brother. and can we quit complaining about the graphics and the developers not putting effort into it? Its been a topic,I bet, over a hundred times. Im getting tired of it. Surprised more of these topics don't get locked, they show up so often. Just wait patiently. The problem, TC, is most 3rd party games are ports. Thats why they dont look better (but IMO, still look good). Just give it some time, geez.

if you just wait, nothing will happen. It is a problem i think and i think it should be adreesed to the people that are involved>> the developers. I just want them to make the best wii games possible. even developers like factor 5 are disapointed. and that says a lot.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11907 Posts
I think the games look great.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 danneswegman
I think the games look great.gatsbythepig
that's great for you. i wish i could say that....
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

They spent more time on the presentation in COD3 but less on the games length and depth.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
I saw videos of God of War 2 and looks SOOOOO good. The Wii can produce more than that and it doesn't seem like it.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
lol - Ubisoft own3d.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I saw videos of God of War 2 and looks SOOOOO good. The Wii can produce more than that and it doesn't seem like it.m_machine024
i was thinking that too. I mean, GOW2 looks, imo, excellent.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
its just a vicious cycle. third party publishers are not going to heavily finance a game that won't sell as much as a port of another game... and Nintendo gamers won't buy anything other than spectacular third party exclusives and Nintendo games.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

They shouldn't need to get used to anything for god's sake the wii is basicly a souped up gamecube which we know can produce ace graphics!1! (RE 4 anyone??).

I ain't no graphics whore but I know what the wii is capable of and what the devs are churning out now aint that!!

They are being lazy and 95% of people on here know that....fair enough we all know that the wii is a gameplay orientated machine but there is no excuse for the crappy graphics they are producing, I am a bit of a ninty fanboy but half of the games look like early PS2 offerings and it JUST AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH!