Third Parties Need To Talk NOW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Why is there still a **** of unannounced third-party Wii U games when the console launches in only a few months. EA hasn't determined if the rest of its upcoming games will come to the Wii U. Ubisoft hasn't determined if the rest of its upcoming games will come to the Wii U. Square Enix hasn't announced anything yet. Bethesda hasn't announced anything yet. Capcom hasn't announced anything yet. Take Two hasn't announced anything yet. Konami hasn't announced anything yet. What the **** is going on? We need answers NOW!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, they don't need to say anything.

Here's the deal, if the Wii U does well with it's intended demographics (casuals and children) then you'll see other companies make games towards those demographics.

Case in point, Wii Fit is the Wii's biggest game so you see EA Sports Fitness games.

There is no reason for other companies to put their necks out and waste time pushing Nintendo's hardware if they're unable to sell their stuff on it.

Especially games that have things that Nintendo isn't famous for supporting like online abilities. That alone is worth it to stay away right now.

TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Here's the deal, if the Wii U does well with it's intended demographics (casuals and children) then you'll see other companies make games towards those demographics.

Case in point, Wii Fit is the Wii's biggest game so you see EA Sports Fitness games.

There is no reason for other companies to put their necks out and waste time pushing Nintendo's hardware if they're unable to sell their stuff on it.

Especially games that have things that Nintendo isn't famous for supporting like online abilities. That alone is worth it to stay away right now.

Jaysonguy

The intended demographic is the hardcore. Don't give me that ****

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#4 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol @ 2nd poster the wii u cant sell if there are no games the third party are responsible for their share in the effort to sell their games on nintendos consoles as much as they do the others,

regardless of how well the console sells they wont find out if they dont ever try don't give me they did try , last i checked the only company that was willing and still is willing to try is sega ubisoft and activision , , ea among others have always shunned nintendo products ,

you should go look at nascar , the gc only recieved nascar 2003 and 2005 and dirt to daytona , what happened to 2004 2006 2007 2008 2009?

i can give you more examples if you need ,

but point is

if the third party are not going to put effort into the wii u there is no way im buying their sloppy ports, i buy nintendo consoles to play nintendo made games and if theres a third party effort id buy it but ubisoft sega and activision are the only ones that tried last gen , capcom only did ports , and - rockstar only did a port of bully and table tennis , so --- whats that tell you

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

TyberZannxxxx

You're both wrong. The intended demographic is everybody. Its that simple. If Nintendo didn't want EVERYBODY they wouldn't be taking Batman Akrham City, Zombi U, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros to Wii U experience events across the country.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
Jasonguy does have a point. Third parties dont have to do a darn thing. At the end of the day if the wiiu sinks it wouldn't be hugely detrimental to third parties as most of their money is coming from other platforms. With some exceptions third party games on wii tanked. Some of those exceptions were pretty successful (MH3) and some were very successful (just dance for example). But most tanked unfortunately (everyone is to blame for that screw up). Its not their job to push the console...thats nintendos job. Unfortunately nintendo did not inspire confidence for the wiiu at E3. They created no buzz and that has probably made some 3rd parties very nervous. So they are going to stay in a holding pattern and see what happens with the likes of batman and, especially, zombie U. In trying to impress their share holders at E3 they ended up impressing nobody (as seen by the share price tanking soon afterwards). Even more unfortunately all thats going to happen with games like batman and ME3 is they will also tank. Most people who wanted them will have already bought them. Darksiders 2 will be more intersting to watch since, as i understand it, its being released at the same time on all platforms. But yeah..they dont need to talk. they can just sit tight and have the money roll in from other platforms. I think what needs to happen to try and spark more 3rd party uptake is ninty need to find either find a new project a big 3rd party are working on and try and get it to be exclusive (assuming it has potential of course) or they need to find the next CDProjekt red and invest. Or they need to get exclusive content for a game like GTA5 or COD. Either way they need to splash some cash.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
Lets cause a riot! THIRD PARTIES NEED TO TALK NOW
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

I agree. This month would be a good month talk about their stuff.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

TyberZannxxxx

You're grossly misinformed

Know that "hardcore" you're talking about?

Yeah, they supported the Gamecube and it's woefully awful 22 million consoles

Children and casual?

Well let's just put it this way, Wii Fit is the best selling franchise on the Wii with over 43 million sold

Is Mario Galaxy the best selling Mario title on the Wii? Heck not even Mario Galaxy 1 AND 2 comes close to the 26 million copies of New Super Mario Bros sold and why is that?

New Super Mario Bros is an oldschool game designed for kids who played it in 85 and now are casuals who have kids of their own and want some nostalgia.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Children and casual?

Well let's just put it this way, Wii Fit is the best selling franchise on the Wii with over 43 million sold

Is Mario Galaxy the best selling Mario title on the Wii? Heck not even Mario Galaxy 1 AND 2 comes close to the 26 million copies of New Super Mario Bros sold and why is that?

New Super Mario Bros is an oldschool game designed for kids who played it in 85 and now are casuals who have kids of their own and want some nostalgia.

You never fail to make me laugh when you post. You're such an obvious troll. "well, it was the best selling Wii game, therefore Wii U is for casuals!!!" It's not even the same console and yet you're saying it proves Nintendo's strategy for the Wii U. Come on, you can do better than that.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Why is there still a **** of unannounced third-party Wii U games when the console launches in only a few months. EA hasn't determined if the rest of its upcoming games will come to the Wii U. Ubisoft hasn't determined if the rest of its upcoming games will come to the Wii U. Square Enix hasn't announced anything yet. Bethesda hasn't announced anything yet. Capcom hasn't announced anything yet. Take Two hasn't announced anything yet. Konami hasn't announced anything yet. What the **** is going on? We need answers NOW!

TyberZannxxxx
It is a little odd. Nintendo may have a few secrets left, who knows. ...I'm hoping that the controller connects via USB so that my fightstick could possibly work with the console.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Konami's announced Lords2. And to say Wii U is targeting the casuals is premature. Ridiculous even considering the announced games so far include Assassin's Creed 3, Arkham City: AE, Darksiders 2, Zombi U and etcetc.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Third Parties cant talk until Nintendo tells them to and knowing Nintendo, they will leave it to the very last minute, if that. You will find out all the info on the WiiU when it releases.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

I'd like to think its Nintendo who has to make the effort attract 3rd party, ..."not just say hey here's a Wii U"...that's it. Ask for 3rd party devs to make games, hell even pay them. The other 2 competitors do it. :P

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Most 3rd party games suck today so... who cares?

Most of the good Ubi games (A. Creed 3, Rayman, Zombie,..) are comming over, as well as some very popular titles like BLOPS 2.

I'm not expecting every single 3rd party to support Wii U, but it clearly will be a big improvement over Wii.

The only 3rd party games that would be a little sad if it missed out on are Rockstar's games like GTA and Max Payne (since they are good).

Oh, and Ubi's Watch Dogs.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Children and casual?

You never fail to make me laugh when you post. You're such an obvious troll. "well, it was the best selling Wii game, therefore Wii U is for casuals!!!" It's not even the same console and yet you're saying it proves Nintendo's strategy for the Wii U. Come on, you can do better than that.

I was unaware that you weren't following the Wii U launch software, my apologies.

If you were you'd see that the two main games for the Wii U launch are New Super Mario Bros and Wii Fit.

They're taking the success of the titles on the Wii and making Wii U versions.

Does that help you understand better?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
It's very possible third parties currently don't have any plans for the WiiU. Third parties have never done well against Nintendo's first party lineup, it's understandable that they're going to be hesitant. [QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] You never fail to make me laugh when you post. You're such an obvious troll. "well, it was the best selling Wii game, therefore Wii U is for casuals!!!" It's not even the same console and yet you're saying it proves Nintendo's strategy for the Wii U. Come on, you can do better than that.

Nintendo is a business, they're going to go where the money is, and there is more money in the WiiFit crowd than the 'hardcore' crowd. They won't abandon their core audience, but they'll never be the sole focus.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]It's very possible third parties currently don't have any plans for the WiiU. Third parties have never done well against Nintendo's first party lineup, it's understandable that they're going to be hesitant. [QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] You never fail to make me laugh when you post. You're such an obvious troll. "well, it was the best selling Wii game, therefore Wii U is for casuals!!!" It's not even the same console and yet you're saying it proves Nintendo's strategy for the Wii U. Come on, you can do better than that.

Nintendo is a business, they're going to go where the money is, and there is more money in the WiiFit crowd than the 'hardcore' crowd. They won't abandon their core audience, but they'll never be the sole focus.

1 console based on casuals doesn't make them Nintendo's "core audience." We won't know what Nintendo's strategy for the Wii U is until it happens. Right now they seem to be focused on bringing a lot more "hardcore" (hate that term) games to the console.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Jaysonguy

let me ask you this.. what was the most casual system last gen? the ps2 or the gamecube?

what was the most casual system 2 gens ago? the n64 or the ps1?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

1 console based on casuals doesn't make them Nintendo's "core audience." We won't know what Nintendo's strategy for the Wii U is until it happens. Right now they seem to be focused on bringing a lot more "hardcore" (hate that term) games to the console.Toxic-Seahorse
They are bringing a lot of dedicated gamer style titles to the system (though I'm not sure it's any more than the Wii had). But they're pairing them with software designed to appeal to casuals, like Nintendo Land, Wii Fit, New Super Mario Bros, all of which will likely sell far more.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
I hope third parties can support this console with great games, the potential seems amazing, but we will see. Like the wii there will probably crappy third party games and good ones.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
i agree if the wii u is to come out in 2-3 months info on this damn system needs to be released pronto.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

TyberZannxxxx
What do you mean, "unannounced third-party Wii U games"? How do you know they exist, if they are unannounced? I'm honestly expecting 1 or 2 AAA games from the big publishers to "test the waters" and if they sell, maybe get more.