Thinking about getting WiiU for my birthday. Should I go for it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

Now, I've been eyeballing the WiiU for quite a while, and I'm planning on getting it for my birthday.

However, I don't really know of any good titles.

The only ones I can think of at the top of my head that I'm considering getting are:

Super Mario Brothers WiiU

Monster Hunter

ZombieU

You guys have any other recommendations? Is it even worth getting a WiiU at this point in time?

towny_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 towny_
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

Now, I've been eyeballing the WiiU for quite a while, and I'm planning on getting it for my birthday.

The only ones I can think of at the top of my head that I'm considering getting are:

Monster Hunter

ZombieU

You guys have any other recommendations? Is it even worth getting a WiiU at this point in time?

RatedSTARZ
AC3 is a really fun game with a lot to do in it. Deus Ex in the near future. Nintendo Land is actually really good with a group of friends.
Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

I'd wait for E3 before getting one.

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RatedSTARZ

Tonindo
Lol, oh yeah xD. Thanks for reminding me. Completely forgot that E3 is in June xD.
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts

Tonindo
Nintendo isn't doing anyting big this E3. I am so upset and mad about it I could vomit. Nintendo is looking to come off as weaker than it did with the GameCube, but unlike the GameCube they have not put out a killer tittle like Smash Bros.
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RatedSTARZ

No Nintendo Press Conference at E3? Oh man... :(

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

[QUOTE="Tonindo"]

ekalbtwin

Nintendo isn't doing anyting big this E3. I am so upset and mad about it I could vomit. Nintendo is looking to come off as weaker than it did with the GameCube, but unlike the GameCube they have not put out a killer tittle like Smash Bros.

I know, but there will be several Nintendo directs leading up to E3, and they'll most likely announce new games. They have to if they want to reamin relevant.

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RatedSTARZ

I'm just hoping that they announce something related to a new smash bros. or somethiing :). Now that would be awesome :D. 

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

My vote is no, hold off for now.

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#10 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts
I just bought one 2 weeks ago and i dont regret it in the slightest, iv just completed ZombieU and it's fantastic. Nintendoland is also great for a quick blast every now and then. I would wait until E3 though just incase the announce a price drop or something, not long to wait for that.
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RatedSTARZ
I just bought one 2 weeks ago and i dont regret it in the slightest, iv just completed ZombieU and it's fantastic. Nintendoland is also great for a quick blast every now and then. I would wait until E3 though just incase the announce a price drop or something, not long to wait for that.hyperjj3000
Man a price drop? Now that would make me a definite buyer for sure :). Alright looks like I'm going to wait just a little bit longer to see how this all unfolds :)
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

I never expected to put in over 30hrs in Lego City Undercover and I havent even found half the hidden items yet. I would recommend that game for sure. 

.........Let me answer for Jaysonguy though since he hasnt chimed in yet, "no its a waste of money blah blah blah blah blah blah I like to be a negative Nancy".....hey thats close! :P

Avatar image for knightofhyrule1
knightofhyrule1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 knightofhyrule1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Well I work at Gamestop and my manager has told me that Nintendo is planning their first price drop somewhere between late summer and fall. I haven't gotten a wii u yet(which is shocking considering I am a die hard nintendo fan) because of the lack of titles that I was looking for. I am looking forward to the new Zelda(omg kill me now can't wait any longer), Smash brothers 4, Pikmin 3, and maybe the windwaker hd remake. Personally I'd wait but if you want it dude go for it. Oh and Earthbound on virtual console :D
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts
Well I work at Gamestop and my manager has told me that Nintendo is planning their first price drop somewhere between late summer and fall. I haven't gotten a wii u yet(which is shocking considering I am a die hard nintendo fan) because of the lack of titles that I was looking for. I am looking forward to the new Zelda(omg kill me now can't wait any longer), Smash brothers 4, Pikmin 3, and maybe the windwaker hd remake. Personally I'd wait but if you want it dude go for it. Oh and Earthbound on virtual console :Dknightofhyrule1
Lol, seeing as lowly GS managers aren't privvy to that kind of information this far in advance, your manager is blowing smoke up your ***
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="Tonindo"]

ekalbtwin

They are showing off games at E3, such as a new 3D mario and Mario Kart, and will present Nintendo Directs around the time of E3 (presumably before it, so they can then show their games on the floor of E3).

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RatedSTARZ
Well I work at Gamestop and my manager has told me that Nintendo is planning their first price drop somewhere between late summer and fall. I haven't gotten a wii u yet(which is shocking considering I am a die hard nintendo fan) because of the lack of titles that I was looking for. I am looking forward to the new Zelda(omg kill me now can't wait any longer), Smash brothers 4, Pikmin 3, and maybe the windwaker hd remake. Personally I'd wait but if you want it dude go for it. Oh and Earthbound on virtual console :Dknightofhyrule1
Oh man, yeah I heard that they put Earthbound on the virtual console. Completely forgot about that xD. Thanks for reminding me :)
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Yes. Get ZombiU and Lego City Undercover. Fantastic games.

Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

No. Plz don't buy that garbage system. Nintendo is going down in flames and you will barely have any good games to play outside of bland rehashes of the same old IP's while you watch all the awesome content flood out the gates for PC,PS4, NextBox. Nintendo deserves the consumers distain for its failure of a console. If you go Nintendo, go mobile. THATS IT.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Monster Hunter

ZombieU

RatedSTARZ

My two cents, if you are a massive nintendo fan then I'm sure it will end up satisfying you. Otherwise, I'd have a hard time recommending it at this stage. Also, E3 is just around the corner so I'd wait til you see what Nintendo has to offer and if they'll drop the price.

TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts

No. Plz don't buy that garbage system. Nintendo is going down in flames and you will barely have any good games to play outside of bland rehashes of the same old IP's while you watch all the awesome content flood out the gates for PC,PS4, NextBox. Nintendo deserves the consumers distain for its failure of a console. If you go Nintendo, go mobile. THATS IT.

Rawtheory333
Take it you never bought a PS3 then, since it failed hard for three years before it got a half-decent library.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I got one for Christmas, and as a gaming console, I find it very hard to recommend at this point. If you really want one, though, I'd suggest the ZombiiU bundle. Not a bad deal for all you get.
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RatedSTARZ

Thanks for the feedback you guys :). I think I will go ahead and wait until after E3 to see what Nintendo says regarding a price drop, hopefully there is one :). 

Garydbz25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Garydbz25
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts
[QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

TxTech1923
Take it you never bought a PS3 then, since it failed hard for three years before it got a half-decent library.

Very true indeed, People seem to forget how badly the ps3 was selling when it launched heck even the 3ds struggled for a while but when the 1st party games started coming out they both are selling so much better and its exactly the same with the WII U. Give it time and it will sell great.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
I got one for Christmas, and as a gaming console, I find it very hard to recommend at this point. If you really want one, though, I'd suggest the ZombiiU bundle. Not a bad deal for all you get. donalbane
Same here. I bought one sometime in January. I turned it on last night just to watch netflix but other than that it's just been sitting there. I kinda regret buying it so early.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#25 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

RatedSTARZ
wow people still confused they are at e3 they just arent doing one big conference instead they having nintendo directs all the way til e3 and on the day of their usual conference they will hold a nintendo direct plus a breifing behind closed doors for investers and will still have a booth for the public on the show floor
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="RatedSTARZ"]

mariokart64fan
wow people still confused they are at e3 they just arent doing one big conference instead they having nintendo directs all the way til e3 and on the day of their usual conference they will hold a nintendo direct plus a breifing behind closed doors for investers and will still have a booth for the public on the show floor

What he said was technically right. Nintendo is not having a press conference at E3. They will have a booth and a couple private meetings but not a press conference. He never said they weren't going to be there.
TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

I want to want the Wii U, but there's nothing that interests me on the system.  Honestly, with half of the games out in the first year ports of games I could play on my PS3 or PC, why would I buy one?

Right now the future of this system looks grim.  I'm hoping there's something intriguing in that Nintendo Direct they're planning before E3.

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RatedSTARZ

I want to want the Wii U, but there's nothing that interests me on the system.  Honestly, with half of the games out in the first year ports of games I could play on my PS3 or PC, why would I buy one?

Right now the future of this system looks grim.  I'm hoping there's something intriguing in that Nintendo Direct they're planning before E3.

TrueProphecy22
I agree with you man, I'm really hoping Nintendo announces some great titles for the WiiU at E3, or I might just have to save my money and bring it elsewhere. Perhaps to PAX? Lol xD.
Avatar image for NoSpeakyEnglish
NoSpeakyEnglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NoSpeakyEnglish
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

I'm also thinking about picking one up, but I'd get it after the price drop.  As of right now, none of the games are really that appealing to me.  I was hoping that with the Wii-U, Nintendo would get some more RPG's in there, but aside from the upcoming Project X, Nintendo has yet to deliever.  In all honesty, I think if I didn't love the Zelda series so much, I probably would have passed up on the Wii-U and gaming in general. 

Abagnam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Abagnam
Member since 2013 • 122 Posts
I am thinking in buying a Wii-U too... but i want ate least two more nintendo games to justify minimally this purchase