Think it's time for a change..So I got the Wiiu

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lsv813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 lsv813
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Long story short.. I was at Best Buy last week and found the wife playing around with the Wiiu while I talked to the Car Alarm guy. She quickly tried the Zelda WW game for few minutes, and we both liked it. This was after we just finished playing Link to the Past DL on Wii 2 weeks ago and introduced my 9 yr old daughter to it. I've also been feeining some new Mario games lately, as I haven't really played any Mario games in probably a decade!. At my house we have just about everything from PS3 w/ move,360 w/ Kinect, wii etc.. We've spent the past few years playing the CODS etc..and lately I just been tired of the realism and same stuff and wanted something fun and relaxing, something like Nintendos games.... I have the GTA V barely touched on PS3 (although its a great game and all), BO2 i pretty much stopped playing it after only beating two levels and getting like rank-30.. I've just been too busy w/ school and everything else to dedicate as much time as I used to to video games..and after seeying that new Mario 3D I'll admit I was sold on it.. I bought the wiiu online should get it real soon.. A co-worker of mine I know bought two of them for his house, so hopefully the sales keep going.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

1. Should have waited for the price drop soon

2. The WII U should serve you well if you don't play games that often, very casual games that don't take much effort to play or beat.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

It sounds like you'll love the WiiU. If you haven't played any of the new 2D Mario games, take a look at New Super Mario Bros. U, as well. All of the New Super Mario games have been kind of similar, but the WiiU version is the best of the bunch and feels closer to Super Mario World than any of the others.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4  Edited By wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

For the Mario games you should check out New Super Mario Bros U and Super Mario 3d World, both available on Wii U. Both support 4 player co-op, a delight for the family :)

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

You picked a good time. The library is at the point I would be okay recommending it. Good selection of titles with others already on the horizon.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Yup, like Monster Hunter 3, Bayonetta 2 and Project X most probably :)

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Next awesome games are Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8. Definitely check them out. I think you'll enjoy this system.

mamelon2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mamelon2012
Member since 2011 • 309 Posts

TC I went through almost the exact same thought process (minus the family admittedly). I think its a potentially great console. Price is decent and the controller is awesome. Its a breath of fresh air over the perpetual sword fighting that PS and MS are doing. The graphics on WW HD blew me away. Not sure why I would crave something more than that if the gameplay is also great.

I feel as though momentum is picking up for the WiiU, especially after the monstrosity that is the 3DS of late. It will only benefit all of us WiiU owners as more and more people jump aboard. Enjoy

lsv813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lsv813

Well the reason I bought the wiiu now was as a holiday gift to the family, plus I got it through a program at my job which is payroll deduct... so I jag the chance to get ps4, xbox1 for just little bit more per check but didn't feel like either offered me the gaming I want now. .I'm sure eventually ill pick up a ps4 a year or more later on. I got the wiiu with cid as it came as a bundle and also ordered mario 3d.. excited for that one. .seems like something not only I wan my to play but can be fun for the whole fam to get in on in the living room. I think the 3ds did so good last xmas that those who picked that up will hopefully get the wiiu this year instead. .

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@lsv813 said:

Well the reason I bought the wiiu now was as a holiday gift to the family, plus I got it through a program at my job which is payroll deduct... so I jag the chance to get ps4, xbox1 for just little bit more per check but didn't feel like either offered me the gaming I want now. .I'm sure eventually ill pick up a ps4 a year or more later on. I got the wiiu with cid as it came as a bundle and also ordered mario 3d.. excited for that one. .seems like something not only I wan my to play but can be fun for the whole fam to get in on in the living room. I think the 3ds did so good last xmas that those who picked that up will hopefully get the wiiu this year instead. .

the 3ds sold better this christmas as well...numbers are out for nov. nintendo's handhelds sell better than their consoles.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trugs26

@lsv813 said:

I got the wiiu with cid as it came as a bundle

Sorry, what is cid? I can't figure out what it stands for lol.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Welcome! There is a great library of Wii U games...Hopefully more in the future!

lsv813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lsv813

Exactly I meant COD:Ghosts.... gotta love swype sometimes..yea since I haven't played any games for it at all. . There's currently more than enough games to keep me busy whenever I'm not busy..Nintendos got that magic that can't be replicated on PS or Xbox.. and believe I have them all. .. but after years I'm looking forward to some Mario etc. .pikmin3 seems like a cool game add well. .id like to try that after

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 trugs26

@lsv813 said:

Exactly I meant COD:Ghosts.... gotta love swype sometimes..yea since I haven't played any games for it at all. . There's currently more than enough games to keep me busy whenever I'm not busy..Nintendos got that magic that can't be replicated on PS or Xbox.. and believe I have them all. .. but after years I'm looking forward to some Mario etc. .pikmin3 seems like a cool game add well. .id like to try that after

Ah ok. Cool. I haven't played it, but I like the idea that you can do local multiplayer without split screen in that game (one person plays on the TV, the other plays on the gamepad).

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@lsv813: You'll enjoy ghosts, extinction in particular is an awesome mode.

lsv813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lsv813

Nice can't wait to try it out as well.. Although I still never ended up beating the last one BO2, Kind of just never got around to finishing up the game..It seems like theres some new things going on in this version.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

Since nobody's mentioned the game yet, I must recommend Pikmin 3 with a Wii remote and nunchuk. Even after playing endless amounts of Mario 3D World, I'm still inclined to say Pikmin 3 is the best game on the system thus far. Something about it just kept me coming back day after day for weeks after it came out. True Nintendo magic.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#19  Edited By enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

@Jaysonguy: LOL, is this the same guy who stands all day outside Gamestop to warn all customers not to buy a Wii U and "save them"? How sad is that!

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20  Edited By enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

To TC. Your timing is just great. The library already has a lot of excellent titles and at very good prices. I really hope you and your family to enjoy it!

I play it everyday as there are always fun things to do, sometimes I spent hours just browsing and commenting on Miiverse, for example!

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
@Jaysonguy said:

2. The WII U should serve you well if you don't play games that often, very casual games that don't take much effort to play or beat.

Point 2 is really REALLY stupid. Are you kidding me?

Can the casual gamer 100% New Super Mario and Lugi Bros along with 3D World?

Can the casual 100% windwaker? Hell, I'm ALMOST done getting everything myself...

Can the casual really 100% Pikmin 3? Haven't played my copy yet(Finishing other games and school work) but if it's even close to the first 2, it's gonna be a challenge.

Bayonetta 2 isn't casual in the slightest.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@YoshiYogurt said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Can the casual 100% windwaker? Hell, I'm ALMOST done getting everything myself...

Can the casual really 100% Pikmin 3? Haven't played my copy yet(Finishing other games and school work) but if it's even close to the first 2, it's gonna be a challenge.

Yeah......

I'm not talking about that (high five for reading comprehension) I'm talking about beating a game.

There's nothing at all in the Wii U library that can't be finished by a novice player

lsv813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lsv813

I think I see both your points.. First Nintendo probably does casual gaming better than the rest and do it well..however, to master these games it can be very challenging. They are not easy games by definition, yet most novice players could probably pickup a controller and within minutes get immersed in the game and start understanding what to do..compared to a PS3/Xbox which for the most part, the games require much more setting-up and seem more demanding in terms of follow-up needed to complete... Also Pikmin3 is def on my list of games to get later on...Here's the games I'd love to try (aside from the 2 Im getting already Ghosts/SMW3D) and hoping that I can find the time to beat them all this year:

WW HD, Pikmin3, ZombieU, DKC Tropical freeze..

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

@Jaysonguy:

@Jaysonguy said:

@YoshiYogurt said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Yeah......

I'm not talking about that (high five for reading comprehension) I'm talking about beating a game.

There's nothing at all in the Wii U library that can't be finished by a novice player

So? That's what makes Nintendo's games so great. Anyone can get the main game finished, leaving the challenging extra stuff to the completionists.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

I picked one up last week as a Christmas gift for my son,he wanted Lego City and I got to say I cant wait to try the WiiU myself,Its been a long time since Ive played Nintendo games.The Xbox and Playstation are great consoles,I have an Xbox one as well,but Nintendo offers a completely different experience and Im looking forward to it.

lsv813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lsv813

@xgraderx: im feeling the same, kind of like I've been ignoring a big part of video games over the last decade..

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@YoshiYogurt said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Yeah......

You obviously haven't played the games. And the Wii U just had a price drop. If all buyers were like you there'd be no business.