The Wii U Controller Pro

#1 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

Is it compatible with all of the Wii U games? I know that Nintendo has gone with the traditional controls from now on along with the touch screen but, someone told me that Nintendo has asked developers to make all games compatible with the touch screen + classic control or just the classic controls alone. Is that true? I've been wanting to get a Wii U for some time but I am kind of waiting a little longer before I get one. The 3 hour battery life on the original Wii U pad is really unattractive and makes me feel that buying a Controller Pro is mandatory. When I learned that the Pro goes up to 80 hours of life, I nearly flipped my lid. That's quite an accomplishment imo. I play games like 6 hours a day or sometimes more when I really have nothing to do, so I'm already extremely comfortable with the 80 hours of life.

#2 Posted by super600 (29939 posts) -

Here is a list of games that support the wiiu pro controller. Some of these games may only use the pro controller in certain modes(like multiplayer).

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii-u-pro-controller-support/3015-7591/games/

#3 Posted by Napajeni (23 posts) -

Aw look - here's the controller and genius idea Nintendo decided to finally readopt for their Wii U's controller interface! Too bad for them that they allowed their stupid ambitions with the Wii U gamepad to get the best of them and neglect this, the controller they should have packaged with the Wii U in the beginning....

It would be no surprise whatsoever if they decided to further grow their brain and package these with every new Wii U instead to reduce costs, among other things. They see that their little off-TV gimmick with the Wii U gamepad flopped, much like the Wii U's success. The whole point of a console is to play it on a TV, Nintendo....why would I need an additional and much smaller screen along with that? That's kind of counterproductive of what a console is, don't you think? As for this off TV stupidity, if I wanted to play my games on a smaller screen, let alone not on a TV, I'd play a hand held. That's what my 3DS is for. Leave the Sega Dreamcast controller idea dead....

#4 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

@super600 said:

Here is a list of games that support the wiiu pro controller. Some of these games may only use the pro controller in certain modes(like multiplayer).

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii-u-pro-controller-support/3015-7591/games/

Sweet! I'll look into it.

@Napajeni said:

Aw look - here's the controller and genius idea Nintendo decided to finally readopt for their Wii U's controller interface! Too bad for them that they allowed their stupid ambitions with the Wii U gamepad to get the best of them and neglect this, the controller they should have packaged with the Wii U in the beginning....

It would be no surprise whatsoever if they decided to further grow their brain and package these with every new Wii U instead to reduce costs, among other things. They see that their little off-TV gimmick with the Wii U gamepad flopped, much like the Wii U's success. The whole point of a console is to play it on a TV, Nintendo....why would I need an additional and much smaller screen along with that? That's kind of counterproductive of what a console is, don't you think? As for this off TV stupidity, if I wanted to play my games on a smaller screen, let alone not on a TV, I'd play a hand held. That's what my 3DS is for. Leave the Sega Dreamcast controller idea dead....

I agree, it kind of does suck. Nintendo has bumped the prices sky high for the original Wii products as well since they are compatible with the Wii U and even some of the new games. I just can't afford to buy a nunchuck, wii remote, classic controller pro, classic controller pro U, and rechargable batteries for the wii remotes. I may just wait a little longer for the Wii U and see if they release a new gamepad with better battery life since Nintendo usually do great upgrades over their original stuff. Like the DS and 3DS XL's and Motion Plus built in remotes.

#5 Posted by KBFloYd (12727 posts) -

I agree, it kind of does suck. Nintendo has bumped the prices sky high for the original Wii products as well since they are compatible with the Wii U and even some of the new games. I just can't afford to buy a nunchuck, wii remote, classic controller pro, classic controller pro U, and rechargable batteries for the wii remotes. I may just wait a little longer for the Wii U and see if they release a new gamepad with better battery life since Nintendo usually do great upgrades over their original stuff. Like the DS and 3DS XL's and Motion Plus built in remotes.

they sell an bigger battery...makes the gamewpad last 7 hours...

http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-gamepad-battery-pack-japan-version/1033491481-0-0-0-en/info.html

#6 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

@-paranorman- said:

they sell an bigger battery...makes the gamewpad last 7 hours...

http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-gamepad-battery-pack-japan-version/1033491481-0-0-0-en/info.html

Oh, no way! Thanks for this. $40 is a bit high though. Hopefully later this year I can get a good deal on it. I might try for a WiiU during the holiday season.

#7 Edited by Napajeni (23 posts) -

ParaNormaN said:

I may just wait a little longer for the Wii U and see if they release a new gamepad with better battery life since Nintendo usually do great upgrades over their original stuff. Like the DS and 3DS XL's and Motion Plus built in remotes.

One cardinal rule to being a sharp-edged consumer and gamer is to never be an early adopter. Nintendo's history (as well as the other gaming giants/companies for that matter) of revising their hardware, among other things, is a solid example of why you shouldn't be one. There's going to always be something a little more progressive down the line. Patience, grasshopper.

#8 Edited by Chozofication (2680 posts) -

The Wii U pro is a very good controller. My only complaint is that the back shoulder buttons are shaped like the 360's triggers even though they're digital and not analog, so they feel weird and too small, they should be bigger and differently shaped. Digital shoulder buttons are the best but they could've made them better..

It's solid as a rock and the advertised battery life actually isn't BS, I love the symmetrical sticks at the top too.

#9 Edited by Bardock47 (5146 posts) -

Honestly, if the buttons were analog and (maybe) the sticks convex it would be one of my favs. Its still really great though!