The system files are corrupted --- what to do?? please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiii-volution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wiii-volution
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I was turning on my wii and this msg says 'The system files are corrupted  , please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting'.

But i couldnt find anything in the manual. What can i do now? anyone experienced this before?

Please help me

NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
did you try calling Nintendo? thats the next logical step... no offense.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
I agree with XBXHX Their number is on the Wiibox, the Wii, a game case (Wii, DS, GC, GBA) and many other places. And no that's never happened to me.
diegofsv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 diegofsv
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts
This happned a few times with me, it seems that my wii sports is a little scratched :( . However is pretty rare. Try to remove any dvds inside the wii and turn it on. If that doesnt work try to remove any sd cards. If there arent any sd cards, man your are in trouble. Perhaps a format would do great but u probably cant access it.
Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
i'd call nintendo before u mess it up more
lonsy02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lonsy02
Member since 2005 • 731 Posts
try to format ur wii system in options
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
try to format ur wii system in optionslonsy02
I need to get an sd card incase this happens to me, I'd hate to lose my files
Firefly1jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Firefly1jedi
Member since 2006 • 1364 Posts
hey, just call nintendo.... they'll know what to do...
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
This is what re-formatting is for..... no need to call anyone.
snico1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 snico1995
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

well, maybe if he calls nintendo he wont have to lose all his files. just a thought :O

wiii-volution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiii-volution

Thanks for all the replies guys.

ok i just got off the phone with Nintendo. I will have to mail the console in and wait for 7-14 days.  I have to say i am quite disappointed. mostly likely all my miis and game saves will be gone. and also gone are my 1500ish skill levels in all wiisport.
Be careful with your wiii!

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
I've had that message before, but after turning the console offf and on again all my saves and stuff were fine :S
wiii-volution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wiii-volution
i tried that a few times , and also tried what the rep told me on the phone , nothing worked .  I am probably the first one that had to send it to repair for that reason , how lucky! :(
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
You can't format it if you cant get into the console to get to the format options... duh.
augsiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 augsiv
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
My system just did that today and there was nothing i could do about it. Reset the machine. Unplug and replug. The system files are corrupt. Please consult wii operations manual." Except my error looks distorted on the screen. Not all of the graphics making up the text is there. REAL special. Couldn't find anything online to help after half and hour. Checked it out online at nintendo's site to repair, $85 with shipping to fix! Real bummer. There is some good news here tho, and if you are needing to repair your console at all, do it by phone. The phone call i made to Nintendo setting up the repair that way was quick and easy (just keep hitting 0 til you get someone). Told the guy my story (just got wii sports resorts today and just put it in and that's when it took a crap(nothing to do with wii sports resorts, just coincidence)and that i was a life long Nintendo fan(since '85)). They guy on the phone felt my pain and gave me the low, low price of $50 flat. Sent me an email with confirmation and a link to print a shipping label. Within 2 weeks i be back to playing plus i get another full 1yr warranty out of the deal. Nintendo is awesome, even their customer service (real American speaking Americans on the other end of the phone) was great.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I've had that message before, but after turning the console offf and on again all my saves and stuff were fine :Smanicfoot
The same with me. It happened with Brawl.
Formula81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Formula81
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
So I went to use the Nintendo Channel on my wii. When I selected it a error message came up that said this data is corrupted. Please delete this file and download again through the wii shop channel. So I deleted the nintendo and then when I went to access the shop channel it just froze. It freezes every time i try to access the shop channel or if I try to access a virtual console games instructions that I have downloaded. Im tempted to format the wii memory but Im afraid the shop channel still wont allow me to get on so I would not be able to re-download all the games I have downloaded. What should just call nintendo or format it?
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
So I went to use the Nintendo Channel on my wii. When I selected it a error message came up that said this data is corrupted. Please delete this file and download again through the wii shop channel. So I deleted the nintendo and then when I went to access the shop channel it just froze. It freezes every time i try to access the shop channel or if I try to access a virtual console games instructions that I have downloaded. Im tempted to format the wii memory but Im afraid the shop channel still wont allow me to get on so I would not be able to re-download all the games I have downloaded. What should just call nintendo or format it?Formula81
Calling Nintendo is always a good idea. Delete the channel and download it again.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#19 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

So I went to use the Nintendo Channel on my wii. When I selected it a error message came up that said this data is corrupted. Please delete this file and download again through the wii shop channel. So I deleted the nintendo and then when I went to access the shop channel it just froze. It freezes every time i try to access the shop channel or if I try to access a virtual console games instructions that I have downloaded. Im tempted to format the wii memory but Im afraid the shop channel still wont allow me to get on so I would not be able to re-download all the games I have downloaded. What should just call nintendo or format it?Formula81

Please, don't bump old topics. :)