The system files are corrupted --- what to do?? please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wiii-volution (11 posts) -

I was turning on my wii and this msg says 'The system files are corrupted  , please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting'.

But i couldnt find anything in the manual. What can i do now? anyone experienced this before?

Please help me

#2 Posted by XBSHX (3351 posts) -
did you try calling Nintendo? thats the next logical step... no offense.
#3 Posted by lzorro (7395 posts) -
I agree with XBXHX Their number is on the Wiibox, the Wii, a game case (Wii, DS, GC, GBA) and many other places. And no that's never happened to me.
#4 Posted by diegofsv (114 posts) -
This happned a few times with me, it seems that my wii sports is a little scratched :( . However is pretty rare. Try to remove any dvds inside the wii and turn it on. If that doesnt work try to remove any sd cards. If there arent any sd cards, man your are in trouble. Perhaps a format would do great but u probably cant access it.
#5 Posted by Regginator14520 (1094 posts) -
i'd call nintendo before u mess it up more
#6 Posted by lonsy02 (731 posts) -
try to format ur wii system in options
#7 Posted by kidrock17xp (2972 posts) -
try to format ur wii system in optionslonsy02
I need to get an sd card incase this happens to me, I'd hate to lose my files
#8 Posted by Firefly1jedi (1364 posts) -
hey, just call nintendo.... they'll know what to do...
#9 Posted by tomarlyn (20145 posts) -
This is what re-formatting is for..... no need to call anyone.
#10 Posted by snico1995 (138 posts) -

well, maybe if he calls nintendo he wont have to lose all his files. just a thought :O

#11 Posted by wiii-volution (11 posts) -

Thanks for all the replies guys.

ok i just got off the phone with Nintendo. I will have to mail the console in and wait for 7-14 days.  I have to say i am quite disappointed. mostly likely all my miis and game saves will be gone. and also gone are my 1500ish skill levels in all wiisport.
Be careful with your wiii!

#12 Posted by manicfoot (2635 posts) -
I've had that message before, but after turning the console offf and on again all my saves and stuff were fine :S
#13 Posted by wiii-volution (11 posts) -
i tried that a few times , and also tried what the rep told me on the phone , nothing worked .  I am probably the first one that had to send it to repair for that reason , how lucky! :(
#14 Posted by Phazevariance (11012 posts) -
You can't format it if you cant get into the console to get to the format options... duh.
#15 Posted by augsiv (1 posts) -
My system just did that today and there was nothing i could do about it. Reset the machine. Unplug and replug. The system files are corrupt. Please consult wii operations manual." Except my error looks distorted on the screen. Not all of the graphics making up the text is there. REAL special. Couldn't find anything online to help after half and hour. Checked it out online at nintendo's site to repair, $85 with shipping to fix! Real bummer. There is some good news here tho, and if you are needing to repair your console at all, do it by phone. The phone call i made to Nintendo setting up the repair that way was quick and easy (just keep hitting 0 til you get someone). Told the guy my story (just got wii sports resorts today and just put it in and that's when it took a crap(nothing to do with wii sports resorts, just coincidence)and that i was a life long Nintendo fan(since '85)). They guy on the phone felt my pain and gave me the low, low price of $50 flat. Sent me an email with confirmation and a link to print a shipping label. Within 2 weeks i be back to playing plus i get another full 1yr warranty out of the deal. Nintendo is awesome, even their customer service (real American speaking Americans on the other end of the phone) was great.
#16 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I've had that message before, but after turning the console offf and on again all my saves and stuff were fine :Smanicfoot
The same with me. It happened with Brawl.
#17 Posted by Formula81 (9 posts) -
So I went to use the Nintendo Channel on my wii. When I selected it a error message came up that said this data is corrupted. Please delete this file and download again through the wii shop channel. So I deleted the nintendo and then when I went to access the shop channel it just froze. It freezes every time i try to access the shop channel or if I try to access a virtual console games instructions that I have downloaded. Im tempted to format the wii memory but Im afraid the shop channel still wont allow me to get on so I would not be able to re-download all the games I have downloaded. What should just call nintendo or format it?
#18 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
So I went to use the Nintendo Channel on my wii. When I selected it a error message came up that said this data is corrupted. Please delete this file and download again through the wii shop channel. So I deleted the nintendo and then when I went to access the shop channel it just froze. It freezes every time i try to access the shop channel or if I try to access a virtual console games instructions that I have downloaded. Im tempted to format the wii memory but Im afraid the shop channel still wont allow me to get on so I would not be able to re-download all the games I have downloaded. What should just call nintendo or format it?Formula81
Calling Nintendo is always a good idea. Delete the channel and download it again.
#19 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

So I went to use the Nintendo Channel on my wii. When I selected it a error message came up that said this data is corrupted. Please delete this file and download again through the wii shop channel. So I deleted the nintendo and then when I went to access the shop channel it just froze. It freezes every time i try to access the shop channel or if I try to access a virtual console games instructions that I have downloaded. Im tempted to format the wii memory but Im afraid the shop channel still wont allow me to get on so I would not be able to re-download all the games I have downloaded. What should just call nintendo or format it?Formula81

Please, don't bump old topics. :)