The OT Lounge: Nintendo Seal of Quality.. of Life... Edition

#251 Posted by TTUalumni13 (458 posts) -

Haha yeah the seat got pretty warped and messed up when my dog chewed on it all afternoon, definitely not comfortable to sit on :P

My bike is blue thank ou very much! Though most of my hands are still pink haha..

#252 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -
#253 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

wish i could use the 3d on the 3ds. tried it again over the weekend. while it looked really good, my head started hurting again, as usual. i just feel like i'm missing out on a big aspect of the games. =/

#254 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

I seriously love this guy's videos. Acapella plus game music = amazing. This one is one of my all time favorites in terms of gaming music.

http://youtu.be/gPY2ZzPkeN8

#255 Posted by yokofox33 (29237 posts) -

@roboccs: Smooth McGroove is the man. I love his Guile Theme, Megaman, and Tetris acapellas.

#256 Posted by fishpockets (115 posts) -

Hi I'm fishpockets

#257 Edited by TTUalumni13 (458 posts) -
#258 Posted by fishpockets (115 posts) -

It's actually Haziq. I forgot my password and can't recover my account because of my email being wrong... So here I am until I hear back from support. I also couldn't make an account for whatever reason so Jason chose this and made this for me lol.

#259 Edited by zeroyaoi (1877 posts) -

I'm having trouble getting the wiiu to play certain wii games.:(

It recognizes the game, but when I launch the game it goes black for a second, and then returns to the menu.

#260 Edited by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

@fishpockets: I was going to reply with "I love your username," then I scrolled down and saw that it's Haziq behind a name of Jason's creation, and now it all makes sense.

My first thought was to also say "What're ya gonna pick?? Fish Pockets!" but I honestly thought that a new user might be turned away by someone making fun of his username so quickly. :D

#261 Posted by TTUalumni13 (458 posts) -
#262 Posted by fishpockets (115 posts) -

"I never asked for this..."

#263 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Who the hell is this Fishpockets

#264 Edited by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

Who the hell is this Fishpockets

some lame dude pretending to be Haz...

#265 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@haziqonfire: Some creepy troll that completely spammed our peaceful board... Seriously Haz, if you were still a mod you should've banned his a$&...

#266 Posted by fishpockets (115 posts) -

I'm just messing with you guys. My Haziqonfire account is still logged in at my work computer... otherwise I have no access to that account outside my house. Also I really just wanted to make my account "Haz" but it won't work... like at all. I don't know why.

#267 Edited by super600 (30144 posts) -

I'm just messing with you guys. My Haziqonfire account is still logged in at my work computer... otherwise I have no access to that account outside my house. Also I really just wanted to make my account "Haz" but it won't work... like at all. I don't know why.

Ask digitaldame or the other two community managers about this. I know what happened to your account.

#268 Edited by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -

Okay well since I don't want to use "fishpockets" as my account I just made this one, for some reason now it worked. Sorry for confusing you all so much lol. Also, is it just me or did GameSpot redesign...again... maybe it's my browser? It looks like this now for me:

#269 Posted by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -
@super600 said:

@fishpockets said:

Ask digitaldame or the other two community managers about this. I know what happened to your account.

I messaged both of them from my Haziqonfire account... not sure how else to contact them. Do you have their email or something?

#270 Posted by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

@_hazbro_ said:

Okay well since I don't want to use "fishpockets" as my account

You, sir, are crazy.

#271 Posted by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -

It's kind of stupid but I don't want to lose my 38,000 whatever post count. It's just a number but still.

#272 Posted by yokofox33 (29237 posts) -

Not the real right place for it, but I'm gonna drop my friend code here for any Bravely Default takers. I need some more Norende villagers, but you only get them from Streetpass and doing an update once a day right?

1461-6213-9792

#273 Posted by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

@yokofox33: I added you. My code is 1332-7702-0947.

Still waiting on moltenix to add me and I'll have a full OT Lounge Abilink team.

Don't forget to Send your strongest attacks. Jason and SWJ still have their tutorial attacks saved and those are useless to me!

#274 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

Still waiting on moltenix to add me and I'll have a full OT Lounge Abilink team.

Don't forget to Send your strongest attacks. Jason and SWJ still have their tutorial attacks saved and those are useless to me!

xD you'll take it and you'll LIKE it!!!

#275 Posted by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

You might suppose that grinding for levels would boost your battle effectiveness, but Lightning doesn't gain levels, and there is no experience to gather.

Credit @Kevin-V

This line from the GS review of Lightning Returns made my heart sink. I was still vacillating between wanting and not wanting to play this game, then I read that and decided it wouldn't be worth my time.

You get stronger by completing specific quests and spending the reward on stats, so what's the point of any battle outside of the ones that a quest requires? The battle system is the only thing I was interested in, and if I'm going to spend most of my time avoiding battles because they're a waste of time, then there's no point in playing the game.

I really love FFXIII's battle system, and Lightning Returns seems like a good twist on it, so I was hoping to play at least one more game with that system. It's too bad.

#276 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

@JordanElek said:

xD you'll take it and you'll LIKE it!!!

happy now? =P

#277 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

I'm totally on the hype train for the Nintendo Direct today... Curse you twitter... Hopefully Nintendo overcomes their track record for underwhelming-ness (I'm pretty sure that's not a word but oh well).

Also, it's sad to see my memory start to fail... I used to be able to cruise through the crystal dungeons in A Link to the Past. I've forgotten all my tricks and easy routes. But at least it's fun re-learning them again!

#278 Posted by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -
#279 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@_hazbro_: LOL! It was totally you too! I didn't want to call you out but if the Direct is underwhelming I'm going to ask that Fishpockets fella to troll you for the rest of existence :P

#280 Posted by wiifan001 (18353 posts) -

Well, better go ask him then.

#281 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

I thought it was decent! MK8 looks great, I finally saw more X, and GBA games coming to WiiU VC!! Thats awesome, I'll be waiting for Golden Sun to release.

My only beef is that every game showed said a 2014 release... There was no release year discussed with X :(

When Iwata says stay tuned for later updates I get worried...

I'm hoping we get more news at E3 about X including a title, a full trailer, and a release date.

#282 Posted by wiifan001 (18353 posts) -

I was SUPER excited for the few seconds in between the announcement and the actual footage.

The game mechanics look exactly the same and there wasn't really anything I hadn't seen before from the trailer debuted last year. The trailer was just kinda there, just as a reminder the game exists.

There HAD to be a release for at least one of the console games (Mario Kart 8) because the only other Wii U title with a specific release date right now is Tropical Freeze, but that's a game that was originally going to be released last year.

Looking back on it, I was taking for granted quite a number of things. The eshop titles and the gba vc library and upcoming wii u games are all good for those who already have a wii u, but as someone looking for a reason to get a wii u, nothing happened, and nothing has happened since E3 in wanting to grab a wii u with the announced smash bros, X and mario kart at the same time.

#283 Edited by TTUalumni13 (458 posts) -

Nintendo continues to disappoint me -_- All but confirmed that X isn't going to release this year. I will be buying one game for the entire year, how sad.

#284 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

Yeah, I hear you guys. I'm likely only getting 1 game too and that'll likely be MK8. If SSBU looks good I may consider for something new since I've never gotten into the series...

#285 Edited by wiifan001 (18353 posts) -

After this Direct I have to ask where is Yarn Yoshi and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?

While it's the first time we've seen footage of X since e3, a whole year has passed since the 1st announcement of the titles above (January 2013) and there's been absolutely nothing since.

#286 Edited by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -

I thought the direct was okay but if I only had a Wii U I'd be pretty bored. If you don't have a 3DS yet you're missing out. Mario Kart 8 looks amazing though and holy crap I need Bayonetta 2 now.

#287 Edited by wiifan001 (18353 posts) -

I am missing on the 3ds, I want one. Took 2 1/2 years since launch to say it but I say it

#288 Edited by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

@wiifan001: Finally! Convince roboccs, too.

What would be your list of games?

#289 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -
#290 Posted by wiifan001 (18353 posts) -

@wiifan001: Finally! Convince roboccs, too.

What would be your list of games?

• Mario kart 7
  • Zelda A Link Between Worlds
  • Super Mario 3d Land
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Bravely Default Flying Fairy
  • Pokemon X (or) Y
  • Mario and Luigi Dream Team
  • Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
  • Ace Attorney 5
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
  • Professor Layton and Azran Legacy

Possibly Shin megami tensei IV and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater

Finally, the upcoming Smash Bros, Yoshi's new Island, Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton and possibly Kirby Triple Deluxe

#291 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@JordanElek: LOL! It's very tempting. I would want A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default, and MK7 off the top of my head. Not sure what else but with a steady stream of good games lately I'm sure more good ones will emerge.

#292 Posted by roboccs (6898 posts) -

Curse you people! I started browsing 3DS online... I didn't realize it was $200 for the XL... Kinda steep... I hear the larger size is worth it though so that would be my choice... 3D doesn't work for me because I have a lazy eye... The 2DS is tempting too but it looks like a glorified leap pad.

Probably not gonna pull the trigger yet but I have always wanted ones and I loved the DS. Still have my DS Phat version and it works perfectly.

Is there anything better than a new game console?

#293 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

@roboccs: I love my 3DS, its the smaller one though and I play on it every day. I've even gotten addicted to getting streetpasses whenever I go somewhere.

#294 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

The 3DS XL is awesome compared to the original one.

I paid $160 (on sale) for mine about a year ago. Worth every penny!

#295 Edited by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -

I just checked and I have 18 3DS "retail" games. If you need convincing...

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone
  • Bit.Trip Saga
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • SMT IV
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Pokemon X
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

On top of that I just bought Bravely Default tonight, so there's that. Also it has a ton of great eShop stuff.

• Bomb Monkey
  • Cave Story
  • Pushmo
  • Crashmo
  • Gunman Clive
  • Dillion's Rolling Western/2
  • Mighty Switch Force/2
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Steamworld Dig
  • VVVVVV

Then Virtual Console:

• Metroid II
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
  • Wario Land II/III

This is just me looking at what I own. There's so much more. Seriously, if you're a big Nintendo fan you absolutely need to own a 3DS. It's just too good.

Also as someone who has owned both a 3DS and 3DS XL, I kind of wish I stuck with the 3DS. The XL has bigger screens, better battery and slightly better ergonomics, but games look better on the original 3DS, the speakers are better and it's far more portable.

#296 Edited by roboccs (6898 posts) -

@_hazbro_: Aw man, the Zelda Oracle games! I forgot about the VC! I always wanted to play those!

#297 Posted by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

@roboccs said:

@_hazbro_: Aw man, the Zelda Oracle games! I forgot about the VC! I always wanted to play those!

You haven't played them? They're both great, different enough from the rest of the series but still clearly Zelda games.

I suggest keeping an eye on deals for the original 3DS, unless you're only going to play it at home. In that case, just get the 2DS. It doesn't need to be compact if you're not taking it anywhere, and who cares what it looks like if it's just in your house.

#298 Posted by wiifan001 (18353 posts) -

I played the 3ds once, it was Street Fighter 4, with the 3d on for about 10 minutes

Took three times as long for my eyes to stop being outta whack and refocus. My head was spinning

#299 Posted by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -

@wiifan001: The 3D isn't that bad, honestly I got used to it after 30 minutes or so of playing. It's now at a point where it doesn't bother me at all and I usually play with it on in most games.

#300 Posted by JordanElek (17719 posts) -

@wiifan001: There was noticeable weirdness in my vision immediately after playing the 3DS for about a week. Text on a screen looked almost 3D. It was actually kind of cool. That doesn't happen to me any more, though. I think once your brain wraps itself around the idea of glasses free 3D, everything evens out.