Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Happy New Year!

And butt rock sounds like an excellent solution!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Lol! Butt

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By roboccs

It's actually kind of weird to see a topic from Jordan that is sort of picking on Nintendo... Weird times. I knew the end of the world lounge a few years ago would be telling...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

New thread!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I got Bad Company 2 for $1 a few weeks ago and decided to start it because it's the shortest game in my backlog.

I'm not having much fun with it.

I really like the destructible environment stuff, and the characters are all right, but that's about it. It's better designed than a Call of Duty but not as bombastic, so I don't think I'm going to keep at it.

The only reason I got it in the first place was because I assumed it had co-op, seeing as how you play as a group of four guys, and it's the type of game I play with my brothers. But there's no co-op. Oh well.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

You need to play the first to really understand the characters

As a set they're the best that's ever been in an FPS

Also I have over 32 hours on Ass Ass Ins Creed and I'm still only on the third chapter. I have unlocked every boat upgrade and personal upgrade I can for now. ALso unlocked every base.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JordanElek

@Jaysonguy said:

You need to play the first to really understand the characters

Well that's never going to happen.

Bad Company 2 frustrated me one too many times, so I started up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I'm only three levels in but I'm already having a ton of fun with it. The atmosphere is great, really reminds me of a Dracula-type story, way more so than any other Castlevania game before. The action is also really snappy and not too complex (yet).

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

@JordanElek said:

Bad Company 2 frustrated me one too many times, so I started up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I'm only three levels in but I'm already having a ton of fun with it. The atmosphere is great, really reminds me of a Dracula-type story, way more so than any other Castlevania game before. The action is also really snappy and not too complex (yet).

I have that, I need to play it at some point....

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By roboccs

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow for DS is my favorite one but I haven't played SotN yet... I should do that.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JordanElek

@roboccs: I've never played Symphony of the Night, either. The GBA games are some of my favorite games ever, and I know SotN is the genesis of that type of gameplay, but I've never really had access to it. I guess I could've played it on the PS2, but I never did.

Is there an easy way to play it now? It's probably available through PSN or something, but I don't have any current Sony hardware.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 roboccs

@JordanElek: It's like 7.99 on PSN... But without emulation I'm not sure how else it's available. I've considered checking it out but never pulled the trigger.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jaysonguy

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Black-Flag-Companion/dp/B00H2EHMUS/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1388627403&sr=1-1&keywords=assassins+creed

I'M NEVER GOING TO FINISH THIS GAME!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JordanElek

SteamWorld Dig is on sale for $7 on the eShop through 1/2. Damn New Year's screwing up my sleep schedule made me be up at this time and randomly think of checking the eShop. Too many people have said it's an awesome game for me to pass it up on sale. I know it's cheaper on Steam, but I like 3D.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@Jaysonguy: It's finally starting to open up a bit for me. I'm getting a little bored of the ship battles so far, I've taken everything out really easy, and have only ever been tested with three or more vessels coming at me, even then it hasn't been overly close. Did I select an easy mode by mistake or does it get harder?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

@JordanElek: the 3D is not that great in it from what I remember... It was kind of like NSMB2, but worse. I'll double check later.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

i'm swj and this is my favorite title on the citadel.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

@ttualumni13 said:

@Jaysonguy: It's finally starting to open up a bit for me. I'm getting a little bored of the ship battles so far, I've taken everything out really easy, and have only ever been tested with three or more vessels coming at me, even then it hasn't been overly close. Did I select an easy mode by mistake or does it get harder?

Have you taken on one of the super ships? Those will kick your butt rather quickly.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 haziqonfire

I knew the Canadian telecommunications industry was terrible, but not this terrible.

I'm looking for a new ISP and we really only have 3 choices. Rogers and Bell are the two big boys and Teksavvy is the independent who runs off of Roger's bandwidth.

Rogers has terrible plans. The cheapest option is $44.99/month for 6mbps of download, 256kbps of upload and 20GB of data per month. Bell isn't nearly as bad per month but they force you to bundle their TV services with Internet, raising the price to like $69.99/month. I don't want Bell TV.

Teksavvy is $41.99/month for 25mbps download, 10mbps upload, 300GB of data per month and unlimited data from 2am-8am everyday. So... I went with Teksavvy obvious - but still - Rogers and Bell can eat poop and die.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JordanElek

@haziqonfire said:

Bell isn't nearly as bad per month but they force you to bundle their TV services with Internet, raising the price to like $69.99/month. I don't want Bell TV.

That's what Comcast does, too. I've always assumed it's because TV and internet run on the same cable, and there's no way to prevent you from just plugging in your TV and getting at least basic cable for free if you only paid for internet. There's no way for them to just stream the internet and not TV, so you have to pay for both.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 haziqonfire

@JordanElek said:

@haziqonfire said:

Bell isn't nearly as bad per month but they force you to bundle their TV services with Internet, raising the price to like $69.99/month. I don't want Bell TV.

That's what Comcast does, too. I've always assumed it's because TV and internet run on the same cable, and there's no way to prevent you from just plugging in your TV and getting at least basic cable for free if you only paid for internet. There's no way for them to just stream the internet and not TV, so you have to pay for both.

It's probably the technology they use. Rogers uses Cable, Bell has always used DSL. DSL is faster, Cable is more reliable -- or so I've heard, Bell uses the buzzword "fibe" to entice people but it doesn't mean anything.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By roboccs

All cable and satellite companies are the devil... They know they have us all by the junk so they do what they want.

I always thought DSL was unreliable and cable was the way to go...

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pierst179
@Jaysonguy said:

@ttualumni13 said:

Have you taken on one of the super ships? Those will kick your butt rather quickly.

Yep, the legendary ships are extremely difficult to beat.

They are quite a challenge even to those who have fully upgraded ships. They are the large red dots that appear on the map once you have cleared all forts on a certain corner of the ocean.

There are four total, one on each corner.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@haziqonfire said:

I knew the Canadian telecommunications industry was terrible, but not this terrible.

I'm looking for a new ISP and we really only have 3 choices. Rogers and Bell are the two big boys and Teksavvy is the independent who runs off of Roger's bandwidth.

Rogers has terrible plans. The cheapest option is $44.99/month for 6mbps of download, 256kbps of upload and 20GB of data per month. Bell isn't nearly as bad per month but they force you to bundle their TV services with Internet, raising the price to like $69.99/month. I don't want Bell TV.

Teksavvy is $41.99/month for 25mbps download, 10mbps upload, 300GB of data per month and unlimited data from 2am-8am everyday. So... I went with Teksavvy obvious - but still - Rogers and Bell can eat poop and die.

Wooooooow, that is some hot bullshit.

Data caps, TV, and laughably slow upload speed. Bummer dude.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@Pierst179: I mean like, outside of the super bosses :P I took down a frigate without getting hit once with a ship that has only a few upgrades lol

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pierst179
@ttualumni13 said:

@Pierst179: I mean like, outside of the super bosses :P I took down a frigate without getting hit once with a ship that has only a few upgrades lol

I am not sure if the legendary ships are a specific kind of ship.

If they are, they are extremely powerful Man o' Wars.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 haziqonfire

@MethodManFTW: Canadian telecomm's don't care :(.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 haziqonfire

It's so chilly here today, hardly anyone is in the office today.

I'm also not doing much work today ... it's only 10:30am. This day needs to go by much faster. I'm just glad it's casual Friday.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JordanElek

@haziqonfire said:

I'm just glad it's casual Friday.

Quick, somebody find the picture of what Haziq wears on formal Fridays!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haziqonfire

I found this by Googling "Formal Friday's" ... lol.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By roboccs

@haziqonfire: LOLOLOLOL!!!

That caught me off guard!! Pure awesomeness!!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JordanElek

@roboccs: You don't have a 3DS, do you.... Bravely Default was made for you.

I've put maybe three hours into the demo, and it's everything I would ever ask for in a traditional JRPG. It even lets you set the frequency of random battles in the overworld... it's not an item, not an unlockable... it's just an option with no penalty. The job system is freeform and much better than Final Fantasy V's or Dragon Quest IX's. The actual combat is simple but strategic enough that you won't be mashing the A button to get through half the battles.

I don't know how the progression of the story will be, but the storyless demo has me hooked, and that's a huge accomplishment for the genre. I usually slog through JRPGs for the experience of the setting and crazy story, while the combat is just a side thing.

All of the JRPG combat systems I've loved have been far from traditional. Grandia, Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy XIII have ridiculously fun battle systems, but none of them bear much resemblance to the old Final Fantasies. Bravely Default feels exactly like one of the original Final Fantasies, except they took out all the stupid crap and added in everything you might actually want.

I knew I was going to get Bravely Default, but I had no idea it would strike such a beautiful chord with me.

Bottom line..... It's time to get a 3DS. ;)

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 roboccs

@JordanElek: I know, I really need a 3 DS. I only heard of that game recently and it looks exactly like what I would want. As you know I'm a sucker for that stuff. Probably why right now I am completely sucked into Arc Rise Fantasia on the wii. It's very traditional with a battle system that is a new twist on turn-based battles. It has an overworld, air ships, crazy clichéd political story, goofy characters. It has become a real pleasant surprise. I even just got Tales of Xillia but barely touched it because it's more modern and hasn't hooked me yet...

But yeah, if I ever get a 3DS, Bravely Default would be an immediate purchase based on what I've seen.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JordanElek

@roboccs: It's cheap now. There have been deals for a 3DS XL with a game for $130.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By haziqonfire

I only managed to play like 30 minutes or less of the demo and got into combat but don't get it... I'll need to play more of it but I like the 3D and the music. It's kind of annoying that it's out the same time as Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze... But oh well.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38  Edited By wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Back in a dorm, back in college. Classes start Monday.

And a roommate brought an N64 with plenty of cartridges.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JordanElek

@wiifan001 said:

Get off the internet and have the time of your life.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By roboccs

@wiifan001: memories! Those are classic multi player games. Hopefully Mario Kart is in the pile.

We had a PS1 mainly in college and played season after season of Madden and NHL. Also managed to beat Star Wars Phantom Menace too! Great game at the time!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JordanElek

@roboccs

We had a PS1 mainly in college and played season after season of Madden and NHL.

Same here, only it was an XBox, and NCAA Football was preferred, though we started with Madden. I made 90% of my friends in college through those games.

I just missed the Melee era. Apparently it was huge the year before I got there, but nobody played it when I was there. My copy still ended up missing, though.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pierst179
@wiifan001 said:

It looks like it is time for a gaming party!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jaysonguy

@JordanElek said:

@roboccs

We had a PS1 mainly in college and played season after season of Madden and NHL.

Same here, only it was an XBox, and NCAA Football was preferred, though we started with Madden. I made 90% of my friends in college through those games.

I just missed the Melee era. Apparently it was huge the year before I got there, but nobody played it when I was there. My copy still ended up missing, though.

That's what happens when you go to criminal school!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Just started playing 3D World(yes,I'm late to the party),but so far,it's the best mario game I've ever played

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JordanElek

@MonsieurX: If you think so at the beginning, you'll REALLY love it once it actually gets good. :p

I can't leave the house because of snow and I was bored so I watched Citizen Kane for the first time. I loved it from a technical perspective, never wanted to take my eyes away, but the story itself was just okay. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons tells a better story, and that game doesn't even have words.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 roboccs

Yeah, I'm snowed in too. We may get 15 inches of snow by tomorrow and then a big freeze is coming.

During work tomorrow I'm just going to want to sit on my couch and play video games.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonsieurX

@JordanElek said:

@MonsieurX: If you think so at the beginning, you'll REALLY love it once it actually gets good. :p

I can't leave the house because of snow and I was bored so I watched Citizen Kane for the first time. I loved it from a technical perspective, never wanted to take my eyes away, but the story itself was just okay. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons tells a better story, and that game doesn't even have words.

In the middle of World 5 so far

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JordanElek

@MonsieurX said:

And you JUST started??

World 3 is where I thought it started getting good. The level with the rolling spikes on the tilting platforms, to be exact. That was the first moment in the game where I had to start paying attention.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MonsieurX

@JordanElek said:

@MonsieurX said:

And you JUST started??

World 3 is where I thought it started getting good. The level with the rolling spikes on the tilting platforms, to be exact. That was the first moment in the game where I had to start paying attention.

When I posted,I was at World 3

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 haziqonfire

@MonsieurX said:

Just started playing 3D World(yes,I'm late to the party),but so far,it's the best mario game I've ever played

I just started too, I'm at world 3 so far. It's really good so far, despite being fairly easy, but I've heard that changes quickly.