The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2701 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

@haziqonfire said:
@Pierst179 said:

I did some Super Training today, my team now has the EVs I want.

Now it is time to do the Terminus

There is the Terminus Cave and the Pokemon Village Cave to do! =D

So, it seems ACIV is quite awesome. I have been going over the reviews, and while I am not sure I will buy Arkham Origins anymore, I am absolutely sure I will get ACIV once Pokemon, Zelda and Mario are properly finished.

Oh I totally forgot about those two caves. I also have to explore some areas that I didn't get the chance to ... I think I'm missing one TM to break those walls. I need an HM/TM whore in my party too now lol.

I'm looking into ACIV too, but I'm waiting to hear about the Wii U version. I don't want to buy it for my 360, but I'm pretty confident it's a good port.

Yeah, I am also confident Ubi has done a good job with the port. I mean, the ACIII port was pretty great.

#2702 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
@Pierst179 said:

Yeah, I am also confident Ubi has done a good job with the port. I mean, the ACIII port was pretty great.

Yeah it didn't really have any bugs major problems that weren't in the other versions. Plus they patched it quickly. I think I'm still waiting until Boxing Day. I might skip on Batman for a while too. I've got too much on my plate :P.

#2703 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

At work I have 2 co-workers with a 3DS, so everyday I get them as a StreetPass tag. I'm making great progress in Find Mii II and getting all the puzzle pieces. Those two games are easily some of my favourite parts of the Mii Plaza ... so addicting.

#2704 Edited by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -
@haziqonfire said:

At work I have 2 co-workers with a 3DS, so everyday I get them as a StreetPass tag. I'm making great progress in Find Mii II and getting all the puzzle pieces. Those two games are easily some of my favourite parts of the Mii Plaza ... so addicting.

I have never StreetPassed anyone. =/

#2705 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@Pierst179 said:
@haziqonfire said:

WHAT?!

I can't believe that. It's so fun. I would StreetPass you now if I could. You have to try it... somehow...

#2706 Posted by wiifan001 (18482 posts) -

Renting Sonic Colors for this week.

After hearing how Colors and Generations are the only good Sonic games in the last 10 years (which I already disagree about 4 times over), I'm giving Colors a go.

#2707 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -

@haziqonfire said:

@Pierst179 said:
@haziqonfire said:

WHAT?!

I can't believe that. It's so fun. I would StreetPass you now if I could. You have to try it... somehow...

just park your car outside elementary schools and wait. don't worry, its not creepy or anything.

#2708 Posted by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

Renting Sonic Colors for this week.

After hearing how Colors and Generations are the only good Sonic games in the last 10 years (which I already disagree about 4 times over), I'm giving Colors a go.

It's okay. Colors is the only 3D Sonic game I've played since Adventure on the Dreamcast, and I enjoyed it enough to play to the end and even tried to get all the red rings. But the structure doesn't mesh with exploring to find things when you're encouraged to just pick a path and keep your momentum up, so I only played the first world or two in-depth because they're simpler and easier.

#2709 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

Does anyone know if they are no longer recording the gamespot gameplay podcasts? It's been weeks since there's been a new one. I enjoyed those

#2710 Edited by wiifan001 (18482 posts) -

Got through Sonic Colors in 4 hours, sort of..

You have to play every level again and collect all 180 red rings (5 per level) to get the extra levels.

There are lots of Sonic games where collecting the chaos emeralds unlocks the final level(s) + boss, but here you have to collect these rings to unlock the levels to collect the chaos emeralds from those unlocked levels to unlock the final boss. I'm not doing that and I'm not sure I'd do it even if I owned the game.

#2711 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -
@starwarsjunky said:

@haziqonfire said:

WHAT?!

just park your car outside elementary schools and wait. don't worry, its not creepy or anything.

I live in Brazil, so it is not that common to Street Pass people. I could do it if I went to some events like tourneys, game shows and etc, but I don't, so it is definitely hard.

#2712 Posted by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@roboccs said:

Does anyone know if they are no longer recording the gamespot gameplay podcasts? It's been weeks since there's been a new one. I enjoyed those

It's coming back under a different format. Kevin has tweeted about it a couple times but hasn't given a time frame or any details. I've missed scoffing at McShea's weird logic, too. ;)

#2713 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
@Pierst179 said:

I live in Brazil, so it is not that common to Street Pass people. I could do it if I went to some events like tourneys, game shows and etc, but I don't, so it is definitely hard.

Oh, I see. That's unfortunate, it's a great feature :(.

#2714 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22187 posts) -

i wish nintendo would allow good dlc for pokemon x/y. Like say an expansion that would cost $15/$20 that improves the original game with new features. like pokemon black 2 and platinum for example. Would ease down on my wallet. of course they would never do that though =(

#2715 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

So waking up early for work has screwed me up for the weekends. I woke up at around 6am today and was wide awake. Ugh.

#2716 Posted by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07 said:

i wish nintendo would allow good dlc for pokemon x/y. Like say an expansion that would cost $15/$20 that improves the original game with new features. like pokemon black 2 and platinum for example. Would ease down on my wallet. of course they would never do that though =(

What if they do DLC AND Pokemon Z? That's even more money for them.

@haziqonfire said:

So waking up early for work has screwed me up for the weekends. I woke up at around 6am today and was wide awake. Ugh.

Just think how much more of your Saturday you can enjoy now. Sleeping in is overrated. So much wasted time for extra sleep that only makes you more tired.

#2717 Edited by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@haziqonfire: I love how waking up for work has made it so I naturally wake up at 5:30-6:00 on weekends. That's my time to sip on coffee and get some productive gaming time in. Waking up on your own is great, but if an alarm woke me up that early before I was ready it would suck...

#2718 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@JordanElek: Hey Jordan, forgot to ask, how's Dragon Age treating you?

#2719 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

But... I like sleep. I guess it is good though, you can do so much more in the mornings.

On a side note, I ordered the Nexus 5. I'm going to be poor, but I hate my Galaxy S3.

#2720 Posted by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@roboccs said:

@JordanElek: Hey Jordan, forgot to ask, how's Dragon Age treating you?

Awesome, I love it. The combat is really fun, the characters are great, the world is detailed and somewhat unique within the genre tropes.

I love that the morality system seems to be entirely based on interpersonal relationships rather than intrapersonal character alignment. I'm still playing as a "good guy," but I'm not bound to only make the obviously good decisions. If I do what I think is right, some of the characters might respect me more for it, and some of them might think I'm making the wrong decision. It works out so much better than in Mass Effect, at least from what I've seen so far.

But I don't like a silent protagonist in this kind of game. Seeing those character relationships develop between two speakers would be way more interesting.

#2721 Edited by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

I simply love waking up early.

People look at me like I am crazy when I say that, but I do!

#2722 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@JordanElek: That's awesome. How are you building your party? I wish I knew how to make a good balanced party when I played it. I never knew what a "tank" was for example. If I could go back I would build my party so different. I understand aggro now, the importance of buffs and de-buffs, etc. I'd stock up on more mana potions too

#2723 Edited by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@roboccs: I feel like I'm still in the early stages of building a party. I've only gone to the first of the places you need to go to gather support from other major groups.

I'm a mage, so I've been taking Sten as my tank and Alistair for a more rounded character, then the third character is still up in the air. I've taken Leliana once to try her out and Morrigan to the mage tower because I figured having another mage to fight mages might be smart. So far, I've only used Sparky the warhound once when I didn't have any other choice.

But I've come across so many chests that I can't unlock that I think Leliana will be a better choice in the future, until I get another character the ability to pick locks.

#2724 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@JordanElek: yeah, parts of the game stressed me out because I was afraid I was missing stuff or poorly managing my party. To some extent both came true.

It's funny you started playing DAO, I was recently reading up on DA3 and it got me thinking about the game again. Then you talking about it got me thinking more. It was my favorite game this gen for awhile. Now it's between DAO, Mass Effect, and Xenoblade. I think XB takes the crown though

#2725 Edited by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@roboccs: Did you ever play Dragon Age 2?

Xenoblade is one of my favorite games this gen as well. That and FFXIII are two of my favorite RPGs ever.

#2726 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@JordanElek: I played the DA2 demo, it seemed pretty good but I never got around to buying the game like I wanted. People fussed like crazy about all the short cuts BioWare took when making the game. I guess there were lots of reused dungeons.

I also really liked FF13. I actually stopped playing in the last chapter though. I liked the frantic pace of the battle system a lot actually. I should finish it one day and rewatch the cut scenes on YouTube so I can play 13-2... That game always looked good to me with the exception of monster trapping for party members... That mechanic in a game just seems so lazy to me.

#2727 Posted by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@roboccs: XIII-2 is a bit more fun, but the story is nonsensical and it doesn't have the great character progression or gameplay progression of XIII.

I honestly don't remember much about how the monster mechanics work, but I did have fun with it. Now that I've played Pokemon, it has somewhat of the same feel, where you have a ton of monsters available to you, and you need to choose which ones will work best against the type of monsters you're fighting in a given area.

#2728 Posted by TTUalumni13 (752 posts) -

Well damn, there go conference title aspirations.

#2729 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@ttualumni13: Yeah, same thing happened to Michigan today. I generally root for them over Michigan State when they play each other. Moving forward, now that UofM has little shot to go anywhere, I'll hope State can make something happen. However, Ohio State should run away with this thing then get DESTROYED in a BCS Bowl because the Big10 is AWFUL!

#2730 Posted by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

Sometimes coincidences are scary.

I'm working on a novel, one of the main characters is named Toki because it exactly fits the character and I was playing Toki Tori 2 at the time. So tonight, I had to figure out a last name for another main character and came up with Demoth as a totally random jumble of letters in my head. I always google names before I commit to them to make sure I'm not unintentionally doing something weird with a name, so I googled Demoth and found a Wiki entry for a character in a fantasy series called Kencyr, which I've never heard of. Kencyr is about a girl and her twin brother named.... Tori.

So apparently I'm naming my characters as an homage to another fantasy book I've never heard of. Oh well.

#2732 Edited by TTUalumni13 (752 posts) -

Anyone here get COD ghosts..? I'm considering selling blops2 and picking it up, as my wii u hasn't been touched in several months other to play wii games on the tablet screen, and likely won't be played at all until DCK comes out whenever they decide to finally release it.

#2733 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@ttualumni13: I've never played a COD. My WiiU hadn't played a single WiiU game other than Nintendo Land. That may change when Mario 3D world comes out.

#2734 Posted by wiifan001 (18482 posts) -

My roommate had an xbox 360, and I played 3 CoD campaigns: WaW, MW3 and BOps 2, with MW3 being the only one I liked.

#2735 Posted by Jaysonguy (37985 posts) -

Next week I get my PS4, the week after I get my Xbox One

This is going to be a crazy month

#2736 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: Lucky duck...

#2737 Edited by Jaysonguy (37985 posts) -

@roboccs said:

@Jaysonguy: Lucky duck...

I am, but I'm luckier that one person's surgery went perfectly and that my brother is still alive after being hit head on on the highway by a drunk driver

#2738 Edited by roboccs (7364 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: Holy crap man, thank goodness! Thoughts and prayers for your brother.

#2739 Posted by roboccs (7364 posts) -

So for the first time I saw some gameplay footage of A Link Between Worlds... The look of the gameplay and the music literally gave me goosebumps. Reminded me so much of the ALttP... Now I really want a 2 or 3DS...

#2740 Edited by moltenix (2487 posts) -

FS/BB Canada have lost their marbles!

Trade in ANY PS3/360/Wii U/Vita/3DS and get 360/PS3/Wii U Battlefield 4/Cod Ghosts/AC4 free during the weekend. It's gonna be absolute chaos if they go through with this...

I managed to reserve Cod and Ac4 for Wii U but it seems like they've since stopped doing reserves. It's been one big confusion all day.

If I end up getting them for trading in worthless games, great! =P If it doesn't work out, at least I snagged Pikmin 3, W101 and Wii Party U at Target's B2G1 deal today. Yay Wii U support!

#2741 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@moltenix said:

FS/BB Canada have lost their marbles!

Trade in ANY PS3/360/Wii U/Vita/3DS and get 360/PS3/Wii U Battlefield 4/Cod Ghosts/AC4 free during the weekend. It's gonna be absolute chaos if they go through with this...

I managed to reserve Cod and Ac4 for Wii U but it seems like they've since stopped doing reserves. It's been one big confusion all day.

If I end up getting them for trading in worthless games, great! =P If it doesn't work out, at least I snagged Pikmin 3, W101 and Wii Party U at Target's B2G1 deal today. Yay Wii U support!

Tempted to do this for a copy of COD Ghosts so I can use it for the inevitable deal on Super Mario 3D World... or I might just trade for ACIV but I don't have time to play it.

#2742 Edited by moltenix (2487 posts) -

@haziqonfire: Good luck... I suspect there will be mass confusion and chaos, crazy lines and possibly some disappointed people! I wonder how much stock they even have to just throw away like this. CoD hasn't even been out for a week... It's supposed to be 1 trade only per customer per day but you just know there's gonna be a swarm of hoarders after this deal.

Anyway, now i'm debating if getting Wii Party U was the right choice. There weren't any other $60 titles that I really wanted (would've liked Rayman but sold out). I could use another WM+ but I don't really have people over much to play with. Edit: I've looking at some reviews; doesn't seem like this is the game for me if I don't have people to play with often. Argh, what to do?!

#2743 Posted by wiifan001 (18482 posts) -

WHAT IN THE BLUEST OF BLUE #$!%@% is up with the one hit k-os in No More Heroes?!?!

It took me an hour and a half to take down the 3rd boss who spams one attack over and over, and always with with just a sliver of health left. I dodge that same attack over 7 times, literally over 7 times and continues to spam. I'm at FULL health and she takes you if you fail to dodge once.

It's @%$^%& CHEAP!

And then the very next boss still takes me over an hour to beat, once again SPAMMING the same one hit KO over and over, and I was sometimes dodging it up to 10 times in one round, and one the 11th BAM I get hit because there was a table in the way to keep me continuing to sidestep a murder beam more freekin deadly than Samus in Super Metroid!

I've never encountered such a pair cheap bosses in any Wii game! And they were only #8 and #7 ranked. I'm assuming every *$^*%&% boss in this game will be no different.

This freekin game won wii goty? Prefreekinposterous!

#2744 Edited by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

WHAT IN THE BLUEST OF BLUE #$!%@% is up with the one hit k-os in No More Heroes?!?!

Because it's a bad game.

Killing 20 guys with one swipe is fun, but pretty much every other part of that game is bad. I remember showing it to my brother when he was visiting and saying how weird of a game it was, and I just happened to be killing scorpions in the desert brush at the time. I finally realized that wow, this game is really bad.

#2745 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Not surprisingly, there's huge lines at FS/BB in eastern Canada for the trade-in promo. My reserve ends before 1pm, I hope they honor it and I can show up later to avoid the crowds.

#2746 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -
@JordanElek said:

@wiifan001 said:

Because it's a bad game.

Killing 20 guys with one swipe is fun, but pretty much every other part of that game is bad. I remember showing it to my brother when he was visiting and saying how weird of a game it was, and I just happened to be killing scorpions in the desert brush at the time. I finally realized that wow, this game is really bad.

I thought No More Heroes 2 was good, not great. But I have never played the original. How do they stack up?

#2747 Edited by JordanElek (18085 posts) -

@Pierst179: NMH2 is a little better than the first one, since it does away with the terrible, empty attempt at an open world and has fun retro-style minigames. But the core gameplay is basically the same. If you've played NMH2, then you've played the better of the two games.

#2748 Edited by wiifan001 (18482 posts) -

I'm at #6.

Fall into holes, run all the way to the other side, run all the way back, fall into a hole, missles, fall in another hole,.....all of which you really never get an opening to attack.

No More heroes just might take the crown for the worst Wii game I've ever played....and it's not even due to bad motion controls.

#2749 Edited by MethodManFTW (26032 posts) -

Liking Donkey Kong 3DS so far. Super Mario 3d land seems cool too but I hate the star gating.. I've got like 35 starts right now and I need 50 to progress. -__-

#2750 Edited by moltenix (2487 posts) -

@moltenix said:

Not surprisingly, there's huge lines at FS/BB in eastern Canada for the trade-in promo. My reserve ends before 1pm, I hope they honor it and I can show up later to avoid the crowds.

I popped in around 3:30 and people were still lining up. Apparently they were at the cutoff point halfway down the line. Copies of Wii U Ghosts/AC4 were just sitting at the front there (they had 360/PS3 at the counter) so I grabbed them and waited while they started turning people away. Got to the counter and CSR denied that the Wii U was valid for promo since she hadn't processed any all day. Luckily, other CSR overheard and confirmed that it did work for the promo.

I can't believe barely anybody wanted the Wii U version all day! Too bad considering these are supposedly decent ports compared to 360/PS3.